Page 71 of 72 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,130 of 2143

Thread: The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I'm guessing no one here is watching the World Cup. I'm happy Brazil just beat Costa Rica and hope they beat Serbia in the next game they play. I really hope Argentina beats Nigeria. I fucking hate Cristian Ronaldo and his dumbass fans. They keep him calling him the GOAT. For me, to be the GOAT. You have to win a World Cup. Messi is the closest so far but he hasn't been playing well. I'm also rooting for Mexico.
    I've been watching some games here and ther...
    Colombia decimated Poland yesterday, it was awesome, i'm glad they "woke up".
    Mexico has been playing great, i hope we beat Sweden next Wednesday, Uruguay is also doing great, they are among my favorites to win the whole thing...
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 06-27-2018 at 08:52 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Cuban's going to be sending Divac a muffin basket or something. Jesus Christ.
    I really hope this all works out. Dirk finally has someone to pass the torch to.

edit: The Mavs are getting DeAndre Jordan, aren't they?
    Last edited by ryanmcfly; 06-28-2018 at 08:18 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    World Cup action continues tomorrow! Perhaps due to the ease of streaming, I've picked this year to get into the World Cup (and perhaps soccer as a whole). Been loving it so far. I randomly picked Japan as the team I'm rooting for, so we'll see how that goes. They have next to no chance of winning it all, but miracles can happen. My next step after the Cup ends is to do some research and pick a club I can follow year-round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blaileen View Post
    World Cup action continues tomorrow! Perhaps due to the ease of streaming, I've picked this year to get into the World Cup (and perhaps soccer as a whole). Been loving it so far. I randomly picked Japan as the team I'm rooting for, so we'll see how that goes. They have next to no chance of winning it all, but miracles can happen. My next step after the Cup ends is to do some research and pick a club I can follow year-round.
    If you are after an English Premier League team and love being angry, dismayed and on edge every weekend; join me and follow Southampton. Added bonus, the Japanese defender Yoshida plays for them.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    I really hope this all works out. Dirk finally has someone to pass the torch to.

edit: The Mavs are getting DeAndre Jordan, aren't they?
    They seem to want him which is curious. Not only does he not have the range of other successful big men, but his age doesn't make a ton of sense for where the team should be going.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    They seem to want him which is curious. Not only does he not have the range of other successful big men, but his age doesn't make a ton of sense for where the team should be going.
    Looks like a one year deal. That’s not too bad. Dallas isn’t winning a title next season anyways.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Looks like a one year deal. That’s not too bad. Dallas isn’t winning a title next season anyways.
    Agreed. Why pay $24 mil for him to chase an eight seed though? I'd rather take a flyer on Jabari Parker with that money.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Agreed. Why pay $24 mil for him to chase an eight seed though? I'd rather take a flyer on Jabari Parker with that money.
    Yeah true. I guess they’re infatuated with the idea of Luka throwing up lobs to Deandre and Dennis Smith Jr.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Need to gauge how many of you all want to join fantasy football this season. PM me if you're interested.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Come on Les Blues!

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Check out Urban's weak explanation for lying about knowing he had a frequent abuser on his staff.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    College athletics need to be burned to the ground.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Can't fecking wait for UFC 227 tomorrow

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    Need to gauge how many of you all want to join fantasy football this season. PM me if you're interested.
    Thanks for asking me arsehole. Wait, did I even play last season So much going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Guys, I'm so fucking sorry. I've been so busy at work and have not had time to myself. I know it's short notice, but would anyone be interested in taking the reins on this? I can hardly log on as is to start a league and bit off more than I could chew. I fucked up, my bad.

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    I'm down for playing. Unsure how effective I'd be at running it again. Starting grad school and working at least two different jobs.

If we need someone to so it I prob can, but we'd likely fare better if someone else did it.

I know a few other internet friends joined in last year. Do y'all want me to ask them again?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I'm in for fantasy football, and will be able to actually participate this year and not completely drop the ball like I did last year. I've got too much to be able to commish the thing though.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    ...i just can't with this right now. http://arizonasports.com/story/16342...-game-arizona/

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Did people still want to do FF? If we need someone to be the ETS Roger Goodell, I can do it. I volunteer as tribute.

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Lolll. I wanna play!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I would be down for some ETS fantasy football.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    The GOAT just got paid. 4 years, over 100 million in guarantees. Biggest contract in NFL history.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    The GOAT just got paid. 4 years, over 100 million in guarantees. Biggest contract in NFL history.

The GOAT? Did Manning unretire?

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    All kneel before your lord A-A-Ron hahaha

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The GOAT? Did Manning unretire?
    I think you are all forgetting about Brady.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I think you are all forgetting about Brady.
    *fart noise*

I'll give Brady longevity, but his stats don't really seal his claim as the GOAT. (Also, Super Bowl appearances/victories are overrated in football. Way too many people on a roster to have that be the greatest measure.) Manning was a statistical monster that won his team a ton of games they had no business winning. He also lost his share in the playoffs but, had his defense not been manufactured out of rubber bands and old postcards, he wouldn't have had to make some of the decisions he did. While I may live in Indianapolis, I am no Colts fan. In fact, I hate the damn team.

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Unemployed, mediocre position coach Zach Smith is having a full blown meltdown on Twitter, and using photos of his children in an attempt to garner sympathy.

https://twitter.com/CoachZachSmith

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    *fart noise*

I'll give Brady longevity, but his stats don't really seal his claim as the GOAT. (Also, Super Bowl appearances/victories are overrated in football. Way too many people on a roster to have that be the greatest measure.) Manning was a statistical monster that won his team a ton of games they had no business winning. He also lost his share in the playoffs but, had his defense not been manufactured out of rubber bands and old postcards, he wouldn't have had to make some of the decisions he did. While I may live in Indianapolis, I am no Colts fan. In fact, I hate the damn team.
    Peyton Manning had a top five defense in terms of points in 2002, 2005, and 2007. That argument doesn't hold a candle. Manning also had a KILLER receiving group his entire career. Let's also not forget Peyton Manning melting down in the post season multiple times. SB 48, early post season losses to the Pats. His favorite receiver during one of those was Ty Law (goddamn shame he is not in the hall of fame.)

If i am down, in the fourth quarter in a Super Bowl, who do I want my QB to be? Brady. And it's not even close.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Peyton Manning had a top five defense in terms of points in 2002, 2005, and 2007. That argument doesn't hold a candle. Manning also had a KILLER receiving group his entire career. Let's also not forget Peyton Manning melting down in the post season multiple times. SB 48, early post season losses to the Pats. His favorite receiver during one of those was Ty Law (goddamn shame he is not in the hall of fame.)

If i am down, in the fourth quarter in a Super Bowl, who do I want my QB to be? Brady. And it's not even close.
    I understand what you're saying, but it's wrong. Look at those Colts game logs and take into account their garbage division and schedule.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I understand what you're saying, but it's wrong. Look at those Colts game logs and take into account their garbage division and schedule.
    Weak schedule is a piss poor argument. The 2016 Patriots were clearly the best team in the NFL in 2016, but played a shit ton of of terrible teams. So does that diminish that in any way? Peyton Manning was a statistical monster, yes, but how much of that could be attributed to his terrible division? See how that works?