Page 87 of 94 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,610 of 2809

Thread: The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Nice. The whole Ichiro weekend has been cool. I went to the game Thursday instead. Less crowded & the tickets were cheaper. Sadly, the M's have a lot of practice reliving "past glories". Like "remember that year we almost didn't suck?".Hopefully this year we'll get something a bit more substantial to celebrate. It's going to be a wild ride though if the M's don't start hitting. The pitching staff has been carrying them. It would be nice if they got more support from the bats. I'm into it but have to slow down & get real once in awhile. God knows the Seahawks are going to be horrible this year. Geno Smith? We're in deep trouble there.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Nice. The whole Ichiro weekend has been cool. I went to the game Thursday instead. Less crowded & the tickets were cheaper. Sadly, the M's have a lot of practice reliving "past glories". Like "remember that year we almost didn't suck?".Hopefully this year we'll get something a bit more substantial to celebrate. It's going to be a wild ride though if the M's don't start hitting. The pitching staff has been carrying them. It would be nice if they got more support from the bats. I'm into it but have to slow down & get real once in awhile. God knows the Seahawks are going to be horrible this year. Geno Smith? We're in deep trouble there.
    I know he's had a hard time in the pros but he was shit-hot in college. I'm also terribly biased in that regard so don't take my word on it.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    This is great

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    MLB just made a lot of rule changes for next year.

I'm all for getting rid of shifts, that's just never felt like pure baseball to me. But I'm not sold on this pitch clock thing. I guess it's fine for the meaningless regular season but playoff baseball needs the tension that can come from a pitcher controlling the pace.

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-2023-ru...r-bases-shifts

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burnmotherfucker! View Post
    MLB just made a lot of rule changes for next year.

I'm all for getting rid of shifts, that's just never felt like pure baseball to me. But I'm not sold on this pitch clock thing. I guess it's fine for the meaningless regular season but playoff baseball needs the tension that can come from a pitcher controlling the pace.

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-2023-ru...r-bases-shifts
    Shifts have been around forever. They shifted on Ted Williams and he still hit .406 in 1941. Getting rid of them is dumb. The pitch clock is dumb too, along with the limits on pickoff attempts and stepoffs that go along with it.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Shifts have been around forever. They shifted on Ted Williams and he still hit .406 in 1941. Getting rid of them is dumb. The pitch clock is dumb too, along with the limits on pickoff attempts and stepoffs that go along with it.
    Shifts have been around but they have changed so much. They used to shift for people who could only pull hit. Now, every individual player has a specific set of instructions for each hitter for where exactly to stand based on stat keeping. It's gotten ridiculous imo.

I really don't like the fact the infielders have to keep their feet in the dirt though because it will affect late game situations. I think just making the rule two on each side of second base would have been just fine. It's also always been insane to me how many pro baseball players never learned to hit a groundball to opposite field to kill the shift. I mean it's not even hard to do. At all.

Another thing that isn't getting as much mention is the change of base size. 3 inches may not seem like a lot but when you consider how many close plays there are at second, I think stolen bases will increase significantly.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    So glad the cowboys lost.

That's all

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I absolutely have no idea what the camera guy was thinking with the way the shots are framed but it's pretty funny.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    So glad the cowboys lost.

That's all
    Jesus Christ, SERIOUSLY?
    Every Mexican American I know, who is into American Football, is a Cowboys fan. And these AREN'T just tejanos. Idk. Maybe it's because Texas was part of Mexico, FAIRLY recently, in the grand scheme of things.

We NEED, btw, a Mexican team. We have Canadian NBA, NHL, and MLB teams.

Why not the Mexico City Aztecas?

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Also, motherfucking MAVERICKS on the 5th of October, I think.

I can't wait to see how this new roster rolls.

Jalen Brunson was never meant to be a Dallas Maverick: he went to go play for.A half ass team, for more money.

That's not what Mavs do. Dirk took LESS money to make salary cap room, and now he's in the front office.
    Tyson Chandler is a coach (even after Cuban's grand blunder of splitting up the goddamn championship team).
    Najera took a gig as a mavs commentator.
    Juan Jose Barea was back ASAP.

Can THESE 2022 mavs make a run? I hope ao, and and I can't wait to fins out.

The Mavs are more of a team, and you won't catch any of our heroes "taking their talents to south beach" or whatever.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Jesus Christ, SERIOUSLY?
    Every Mexican American I know, who is into American Football, is a Cowboys fan. And these AREN'T just tejanos. Idk. Maybe it's because Texas was part of Mexico, FAIRLY recently, in the grand scheme of things.

Yeah, you know i'm not the biggest fan of "Them boys", (i discussed my reasons in page 86...) and as i said it's nothing against Texas.

As for having a Mexican NFL Franchise i'm up for it! sadly i don't think it'll ever happen and it's a shame; it's insane how popular the NFL is on here...

Yeah, "Mexico City Aztecs" sounds so much better than "Mexico City's Sobreros", lol

PS: Funny that Dallas won this week without Dak, seems they are better off without him...

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Jesus Christ, SERIOUSLY?

Raiders are very popular with the Hispanic folks out west.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Raiders are very popular with the Hispanic folks out west.
    Yes, it really depends on the region and the time period you became a fan, but NFL's most popular teams in Mexico are:

- Dallas Cowboys
    - New England Patriots (now all fair-weather fans jumped to Tampa or KC)
    - Pittsburgh Steelers
    - San Francisco 49ers (Used to be a fan!)
    - Las Vegas Raiders

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Yes, it really depends on the region and the time period you became a fan, but NFL's most popular teams in Mexico are:

- Dallas Cowboys
    - New England Patriots (now all fair-weather fans jumped to Tampa or KC)
    - Pittsburgh Steelers
    - San Francisco 49ers (Used to be a fan!)
    - Las Vegas Raiders
    Yeah I was gonna say: there HAVE been a few Pats fans. And @chuckrh I've definitely seen Mexican American Raiders fans- I just don't KNOW them.

But it sucks, for real, that there's no team.
    You guys get, what, ONE game a year down there? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I THINK Mexico is the second biggest NFL market.

Why do you think there will never be a team? I guess MC would be pretty far south, especially for, say, NE.

Still, we can hope for a team one day, or, JESUS, at least five or six games instead of ONE, ffs.

Edit: I "like" the Cowboys because I was raised with this ultra hardcore "root for the home team" ethos, NOT because they're good.

In fact, they MIGHT be fucking CURSED.
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-21-2022 at 01:03 AM.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

But it sucks, for real, that there's no team.
    You guys get, what, ONE game a year down there? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I THINK Mexico is the second biggest NFL market.

Why do you think there will never be a team? I guess MC would be pretty far south, especially for, say, NE.

Still, we can hope for a team one day, or, JESUS, at least five or six games instead of ONE, ffs.

Edit: I "like" the Cowboys because I was raised with this ultra hardcore "root for the home team" ethos, NOT because they're good.

In fact, they MIGHT be fucking CURSED.
    Yes, we get one game a year, in fact the tickets for this year's game sold out in 24 hours!!!

I don't think we'll ever get a team because many players, coaches and fans wouldn't want to make the travel down to Mexico (as a matter of fact i remember the asshole of Bill Belichick complaining about coming to Mexico), also it would be too expensive for the NFL, i think the "game a year" format works well because they only make it once a year.

If we had a team they could play in Estadio Azteca (one of the biggest stadiums in Latin America), but as i said: highly unlikely.

I get you liking the Cowboys, as i said: nothing against the quality people like you.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    @henryeatscereal it's not...hmmm...it's not so much that I like the Cowboys.
    It's that I fucking LOVE Dallas.

If you grew up with the MC Aztecas, would you be cheering for the Eagles?

That's how it is for me. I rock with Dallas through thick and thin, and that's that.
    After they're eliminated, I'll watch someone else.

in basketball, for instance, back in the day, if Dallas lost in the playoffs, I'd go with the spurs or the rockets.
    And then, finally, just the west, which meant I watched a lot of LAL games

I honestly don't WATCH every Cowboys game, because it gets depressing.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I honestly don't WATCH every Cowboys game, because it gets depressing.
    lol... sorry man!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    until someone removes Jerry Jones from his mortal coil the Cowboys will continue to be what they are. He accidentally did the right thing with Jimmy Johnson and corrected that quickly.

fuck how did I get his name wrong. subliminal Jimmy Johns advertising.
    Last edited by allegate; 09-23-2022 at 12:05 PM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    until someone removes Jerry Jones from his mortal coil the Cowboys will continue to be what they are. He accidentally did the right thing with Jimmy Jones and corrected that quickly.
    You know what, dude? Someone told me that the other day: a Mexican American fan, btw: just a cat I met at the store, with whom I struck up a conversation because we both were decked out in Dallas costumes.

I never thought about it that way, that Jerry could be the problem.

My brother met that dude at work, and he said Jerry was like Mr. Burns in person

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Albert Pujols hit home run #699 last night!

But wait, there's more!

Only the fourth player to ever reach that mark. And he's only the second player to have at least 3000 hits and 700 home runs (Hank Aaron was the first).

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    My Mariners are making me very nervous. They may actually blow making the wild card round. They're playing what was supposed to be the easy part of their schedule & have only managed to win one game recently. The injury bug has hit hugely & taken out most of the offense. Baltimore is lurking. It could be another year of suffering....

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    My Mariners are making me very nervous. They may actually blow making the wild card round. They're playing what was supposed to be the easy part of their schedule & have only managed to win one game recently. The injury bug has hit hugely & taken out most of the offense. Baltimore is lurking. It could be another year of suffering....
    We'll get it: if not this year, then the next. Keep.the faith.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    I probably shouldn't have (can't really afford) but I got a single ADA ticket for first game of ALDS & same for ALCS if they happen. If they don't, team will refund. I've been suffering over 20 years. Hell, I was still healthy the last time the Mariners were in the postseason. Our magic number is down to 2 now for the wild card round. GO Ms!

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Also got 1 ticket for game 2 of wild card series in case things take a turn for the better & they end up hosting. Could happen Again, if game doesn't happen I'll get a refund. Skipping rest of the regular season, saving it up for the playoffs. We're only 1.5 games behind Toronto from the top wild card spot. Our schedule is in theory easier than Toronto & Tampa Bay's.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    No more nefarious sites for sports! SNNOW's streaming service gives me all the hockey I need. MLB, NBA, soccer, and WWE are cherries on top.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post
    No more nefarious sites for sports! SNNOW's streaming service gives me all the hockey I need. MLB, NBA, soccer, and WWE are cherries on top.
    Are you up in Canada, eh?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    If it allows me to mock the Leafs on many occasions, I will have my money's worth. It's $35/month, or $200/year special right now.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Woo hoo! The Mariners did it! Drought is over! Now we just have to catch Toronto for best wild card playoff slot so we can play the series at home. If that happens, I am so there for game 2! It was glorious.....

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Woo hoo! The Mariners did it! Drought is over! Now we just have to catch Toronto for best wild card playoff slot so we can play the series at home. If that happens, I am so there for game 2! It was glorious.....
    LOL, NO.

Blue Jays Forever!

EDIT: I have tickets for game 2 if it's in Toronto.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1ke View Post
    LOL, NO.

Blue Jays Forever!

EDIT: I have tickets for game 2 if it's in Toronto.
    Nice! We'll just have to agree to disagree haha. 1 of us will be going to a game next weekend, I think. I also got first home game of ALDS & ALCS. Good bleacher seat for wildcard & ALCS. Better seat for ALDS (bleachers were gone). Spendy though. I'm going by myself as it was too expensive to count on friends to buy the extra seat & buying a single allowed for a better choice. It was bedlam on the presale but I'm pretty good at working that system. I'm sitting out the end of the regular season for economic reasons. GO Ms!