Thread: The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    SERGIO PEREZ! What a drive in the wet.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimbo View Post
    SERGIO PEREZ! What a drive in the wet.
    Not a fan of Red Bull but he did have a good run. Pretty wild day at the race. It probably won't happen but I'm hoping to go to the first Las Vegas Grand Prix a year from now.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Nice! We'll just have to agree to disagree haha. 1 of us will be going to a game next weekend, I think. I also got first home game of ALDS & ALCS. Good bleacher seat for wildcard & ALCS. Better seat for ALDS (bleachers were gone). Spendy though. I'm going by myself as it was too expensive to count on friends to buy the extra seat & buying a single allowed for a better choice. It was bedlam on the presale but I'm pretty good at working that system. I'm sitting out the end of the regular season for economic reasons. GO Ms!
    Nice...I can really only afford to go to one post-season game. I did also buy tickets to an ALDS game, but if the wild card game is played in Toronto, I'll be selling the tickets to the ALDS game, this was my back-up game in case the wild card was played elsewhere.

That said though, I'll be 10th row in the left field corner, 100 level if it happens.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1ke View Post
    Nice...I can really only afford to go to one post-season game. I did also buy tickets to an ALDS game, but if the wild card game is played in Toronto, I'll be selling the tickets to the ALDS game, this was my back-up game in case the wild card was played elsewhere.

That said though, I'll be 10th row in the left field corner, 100 level if it happens.
    Ya, I definitely blew the budget but the team will refund any games not played. If the Ms make the world series, I'll try for one game for that too. Fortunately there aren't really any concerts coming that I need to buy that I don't already have tickets for. I think I have tickets for 4 going to May. 2 of those are rescheduled that I bought a long time ago. I suspect you will be having a lot of visitors from Seattle in Toronto next weekend.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Ya, I definitely blew the budget but the team will refund any games not played. If the Ms make the world series, I'll try for one game for that too. Fortunately there aren't really any concerts coming that I need to buy that I don't already have tickets for. I think I have tickets for 4 going to May. 2 of those are rescheduled that I bought a long time ago. I suspect you will be having a lot of visitors from Seattle in Toronto next weekend.
    PS: I really like the left field bleachers here. There's a row of regular chairs for disabled people & the view is right down the 3rd base line. They're in the lower echelon of the ticket prices, too. So I got those for 2 of the games & a lower level seat on the third base side for the ALDS. I used to like to get close to the field but I don't do stairs well anymore so I sit up top of the sections in the ADA seats.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Well, I hope your Mariners get to play against Cleveland and can make it to the ALDS for ya.

If they hold their 2-spot and play against the Jays, I can't cheer for them, but hopefully it'll line up a bit differently and we won't face each other until the ALCS.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1ke View Post
    Well, I hope your Mariners get to play against Cleveland and can make it to the ALDS for ya.

If they hold their 2-spot and play against the Jays, I can't cheer for them, but hopefully it'll line up a bit differently and we won't face each other until the ALCS.
    Congratulations! Just saved me $70 haha. Seriously, we could easily end up in the third wildcard spot. Tampa Bay owns the tiebreaker against us. The Ms played well against both your boys & Cleveland this year so things aren't hopeless. I was there for wins against both CLE & TOR. Julio Rodriguez came back off the IL & went 3-4 last night, so that's a good thing. A bad thing is Sam Haggerty got hurt last night. People probably don't know him but he's been a sparkplug all year. His music coming up to the plate is priceless: the theme from "The Godfather". Good humour there. The juggling of the pitching staff starts today's doubleheader. Probably bullpen starts both games today with Marco Gonzales going tomorrow. The rotation for the wildcard series will be Castillo, Ray & Gilbert. Short of Justin Verlander, Scherzer & Kershaw I'll take that rotation against anybodies. Nice that Canada lifted the vaccine restrictions this month because Robbie Ray can now get in the country. Probably why he isn't still pitching for Toronto this year. I'm excited & actually hope we end up playing Cleveland so we can play the Bluejays later. Have fun at the game Saturday!