Page 77 of 94 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,310 of 2809

Thread: The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Arizona is going to be tough again in the next few years. I think they are on the right path. Kyler Murray impressed me in his first season, they just need to get him a better supporting cast. SF will be good. Not as sure about the Rams. I'm not super impressed by Goff & they have some major salary cap issues. They kind of put it all on red (so to speak) & some things backfired. Coach is good but they definitely took a step back this year. The Seahawks are still going to be right in the mix. We probably have 2 more seasons with Pete Carroll as coach. I think there is a succession plan in place already possibly with someone not currently on the staff. Like a certain major college coach in Seattle who abruptly resigned this season. There are a lot of clues out there. I've been a Seahawks fan since the franchise started with a lot of bad years in there. It's kind of nice to have a consistently good team. Karmic payback for losing the Sonics & having 1 of the worst teams in baseball. I think SF is going to win the Super Bowl & I can't root for them for rivalry reasons. I like Mahones but not wild about KC since the Tyreek Hill drama. Just hoping for a good game & a nice Super Bowl hangover next year for SF, haha.
    Definitely rough cheering for Tyreek but, at the end of the day, we're all just rooting for a logo. (He was never convicted but, c'mon.) KC should win but I wouldn't be surprised in the least if they don't.

RE LAR, I think Goff can find a middle ground. His supporting cast is too good to not. Kyler was good but that defense is BAD. Could take a while to see real change there.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    how many years in a row did the packers miss the playoffs before this year? since russell wilson has come into the league, the hawks have missed the playoffs once & they went 9-7 that year. by most knowledgable accounts, the seahawks were the 2nd most successful franchise in the last decade behind only new england. of course, wisconsin is a red state so we have to make allowances for that. maybe something in the (unfrozen) water? & the quote is so ancient that i don't think anyone from that time is even on the team anymore. maybe kj wright. nfc west is best division in nfc. look at recent super bowls. mostly nfc west. to stay at or near the top there is an accomplishment. & the hawks were the 4th youngest team in the league this year. not an excuse but if the end of the season injuries were out of control. top 3 RB, starting center, left tackle, the list is long especially on offense. the defense needs some work but a lot of youngsters got experience this year. hawks will be back & tough next season, unless russell wilson gets hurt. things would be ugly if that happened. why am i talking to a canadian about nfl? cfl is kind of a minor league almost, haha. i'm just defending myself here.
    By most knowledgeable accounts, for all the conjecture, Seattle was blasted out of the playoffs by GB. Who cares if GB is the 9th youngest team or who was in recent Super Bowls or if Russell Wilson can only throw balls to left handed receivers south of the Mason Dixon line. Blah blah blah. What about that blossoming dynasty? What about all their fans who bag on GB for only having one ring in the past decade, when that's all they'll have too? Blah blah blah. The CFL sucks.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Definitely rough cheering for Tyreek but, at the end of the day, we're all just rooting for a logo. (He was never convicted but, c'mon.)
    Tyreek hill literally plead guilty to beating up and strangulating his pregnant girlfriend in 2014. Fuck. That. Dude.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Tyreek hill literally plead guilty to beating up and strangulating his pregnant girlfriend in 2014. Fuck. That. Dude.
    I was referring to the most recent case, but sure.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    By most knowledgeable accounts, for all the conjecture, Seattle was blasted out of the playoffs by GB. Who cares if GB is the 9th youngest team or who was in recent Super Bowls or if Russell Wilson can only throw balls to left handed receivers south of the Mason Dixon line. Blah blah blah. What about that blossoming dynasty? What about all their fans who bag on GB for only having one ring in the past decade, when that's all they'll have too? Blah blah blah. The CFL sucks.
    is GB your team? if so, good luck with that in the future. if not, who is? & no, Nickelback don't play football, eh? i kid, i kid. maybe next season we should start a separate thread for NFL so we can bicker all year. we have a good one on IORR that's very active all season. too late for here this year. we do try to keep things civil most of the time. in the end with parity the line between the best teams & the worst teams isn't much. evidence: miami vs new england this year. now be nice & watch some hockey. in a few years we'll really be able to go at it with a nice nhl rivalry between seattle & vancouver! seattle vs portland nba rivalry was big fun back in the day.

PS: sorry if spaced out & surly. just started a new chemotherapy & not in the best place possible at this point.
    Last edited by chuckrh; 01-22-2020 at 02:26 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It's sports trash talk, it's all good!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    So the Seattle NHL team will be the Seattle Kraken huh? Starting to get a bit goofy.

Tonight...the Golden Knights vs The Kraken!

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Shakira makes me feel ahhhh funny!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Aaaaaaah. I watched 0 regular season games this season. But Andy is finally gonna fucking do it!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I remember Andy when he was with the Eagles.... Poor decisions were made back then, but I'm happy for the guy.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    why is a city in missouri named kansas city? enquiring minds want to know!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    because the city in Kansas is also called Kansas City. it's funny like that.

on another board a guy had a prediction on Wednesday: Chiefs 31-20; He did not bet on that.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I've lived in KC my entire life (I'm 30 now), and I have genuinely never EVER heard this city party the way they are right now. The post-win celebration after the World Series five years ago doesn't even hold a candle to this. The games been over for almost two hours now and people are still steady blowing off fireworks, and I can still hear people screaming and honking in literally every direction when I stand on my porch. This is amazing.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    I've lived in KC my entire life (I'm 30 now), and I have genuinely never EVER heard this city party the way they are right now. The post-win celebration after the World Series five years ago doesn't even hold a candle to this. The games been over for almost two hours now and people are still steady blowing off fireworks, and I can still hear people screaming and honking in literally every direction when I stand on my porch. This is amazing.
    it was like that when the seahawks won, too. big fun!

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Native Americans. It was the main village of the Kaw (Kanza) tribe.

Kansas City, Kansas is an imposter that popped up more or less as a trick/tourist trap because of KCMO's success.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    KCK is also FAR more notably racist and xenophobic that the Missouri side. There are a ton of reasons why both sides hate each other.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

huh, that seems shitty. I wonder what the women have to say.

well I guess that was coming. Do you think the sponsors have anything to say about this?

bold strategy Cotton.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    My partner went to an NBA game tonight with one of his kids while they "still can" - they suspended the season during the game. Lol - wise choice on his part, I guess!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    The Dallas mavericks played quite possibly the last game of the season last night and won. CHAMPS!!!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Meanwhile the football season here in Europe is totally fucked, and so is upcoming Euro 2020, most likely.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I didn't watch the NFL last season so maybe I'm missing some context, but I am SHOCKED about Brady leaving New England!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    My guess is he rolls to the Bucs or Chargers. Thought maybe the Raiders too, but last night they scooped up Mariota as Carr's backup so doubtful it'd be there.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    And just like that, things keep rolling. Cam Newton out in CAR and they're replacing him with Teddy Two Gloves. Three year $60 mil deal.

Brady has also apparently 'already made his decision' so we'll hear if its the Chargers or Bucs sooner than later.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    From a football perspective, LA makes no sense as a landing spot for Brady. TB has better receivers and are ina winnable division.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Wow that was fast. Rob Gronkowski comes out of retirement, says he wants to play again...but only for Brady in TB. So they just finalized a trade.

Julian Edelman right now

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Wow that was fast. Rob Gronkowski comes out of retirement, says he wants to play again...but only for Brady in TB. So they just finalized a trade.

Julian Edelman right now
    Will be interesting to see if they move either Brate or Howard ahead of the draft on Thirsday.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Right now, NBC is showing a rerun of the 2015 Kentucky Derby because there's no Derby this year, because reasons, and they are also supposed to show a virtual Derby race featuring all 13 Triple Crown winners in history.

Of course Secretariat is going to win. Because he was freaking Secretariat.

Oh and silly hats!

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Right now, NBC is showing a rerun of the 2015 Kentucky Derby because there's no Derby this year, because reasons, and they are also supposed to show a virtual Derby race featuring all 13 Triple Crown winners in history.

Of course Secretariat is going to win. Because he was freaking Secretariat.

Oh and silly hats!
    i watched the movie on ESPN last night. not bad.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    what are sports?