Page 3 of 94 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    What the hell is the NBA doing? I mean its one thing to veto a trade, but now they're just being silent and not even saying why they did it. Given the fact that Paul was never going to resign in New Orleans, that trade was really pretty good. If the block holds, Paul will still sign with another team next year, but he'll get less money and New Orleans will get nothing.

Thing is, the real problem was with the league taking over a franchise in the first place. As soon as the 29 owners decide to collectively own the 30th team, all hell will inevitably break loose. It was doomed from the start. The only way this resolves at all well is if we find out that the NBA secretly had a buyer lined up for the Hornets and couldn't make the deal while they were finalizing a sale. That would at least make sense. Trouble is, not a single NBA insider has mentioned this so it seems like a one in a million shot. Even after they settle the labor dispute, they can't keep from fucking up their season.
    Last edited by themethatyouknow; 12-09-2011 at 05:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Watching the Army Vs Navy game. Go Navy! Beat Army!

A message from my school to the Army. lol

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Watching and reading Pujols' comments about the commitment that Anaheim is making to him fucking infuriates me as a Cardinals fan. He said he wasn't hearing it from the team... I guess the constant quote from the Cards about wanting him to be a Cardinal for the rest of his career, having a statue like Stan Musial... HELL, being compared to Stan Musial wasn't good enough. Whatever. I'm over it now. I'd hoped the guy would be like Jeter and stay with the organization he came up with, who invested and made a commitment to his development and growth as a player... but I guess the only person Albert is concerned about with making a commitment to is himself.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tony, I'm not a Cardinals fan but I do understand your frustration. I'm disappointed because I thought he'd be like Derek Jeter and Joe Mauer by sticking with one team and taking a "hometown discount" to do just that. Now, it just looks like everything he did for the organization and for the city of St. Louis has been nothing more than lip service. If he had a problem with the Cards' front office, why didn't he say anything? If he did leave for the money, I would rather see a player be honest about the Almighty Dollar than say, "it was the best decision for me and my family." (Maybe SoCal has better medical facilities to help his stepdaughter. I don't know. But right now, it seems like he basically followed the dollars.) At least he didn't announce his departure the way LeBron did.

And on another note, Ryan Braun tested positive for synthetic testosterone back in October and is facing a 50-game suspension. He's appealing the ruling, though no player has ever won an appeal. If this is true, he should step up and forfeit his MVP award instead of waiting to see if MLB will forcibly strip him of his title.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Goddamn this is gonna be close between me and BFY. I need 9.29 points from Miles Austin to win. I'm taking a gamble but he is my best option. I have Laurent Robinson too but he just got injured last week and was Austin's injury replacement to begin with. So go Cowboys (it fucking pains me to say that)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Goddamnit Robinson has a TD catch while Miles has one or two catches. Fuuuck.

Edit: Fuck. Robinson has enough points for me to win. This is certainly a brutal lesson.

And the Sharks lost in OT to Chicago.

I'm off.
    Last edited by blackholesun; 12-11-2011 at 09:15 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Currently down 11.5 points in playoff fantasy football. My fantasy playoff debut in this league after 6 years (!). My opponent has Hakeem Nicks, who is having a decent game. Just hoping Dallas can contain him and keep it in check - my last player is Marshawn Lynch who should go OFF tomorrow night. Heres to hoping!
    Last edited by the duder; 12-11-2011 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Playoffs?! PLAYOFFS?!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    MJD is a beast. That is all.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    And I win. Turn off the Tv and Miles Austin puts up a good game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    How about those saints? WHO DAT!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Something you guys seem to be missing about the whole Derek Jeter comparison is that the Yankees were willing to pay him well beyond his value...No one was going to come close to matching what the Yankees were going to pay.

And Joe Mauer? The guy got $23 million a year. Joe Mauer is not worth $23 million a year. Of course he was going to accept the deal.

While I agree that Pujols shafted STL SLIGHTY (Seriously, would you not take an extra $30 million dollars?), he also helped the team get two World Series Championships. Which is a lot more then can be said of some shit-jumping superstars...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Holy shit. My fantasy players blew it up this week. Too bad they were all on the fucking bench. Luckily, I managed to eek out the win. First underdog win done. Two more to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    WTF Cowboys...WHAT THE FUCK?!!?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Lost my fantasy matchup thanks to 2 Miles Austin catches in the final 40 seconds of the game!!! Entertaining game though especially seeing a nearly deja vu performance from the Cowboys kicker. Sad to see my 7 game streak and playoff run end but after starting out 1-5 I can't complain. That was what a 4-5 matchup was suppose to look like so good job Vinegar!!!!!!!

Btw I can't believe my Hawks play on MNF tonite!!!!!! Rams and Hawks... Im sure someone at ESPN got fired for picking those two teams in what could be one of the lowest watched MNF games of the season but who cares go HAWKS!!!! it'll be a while before we get back on MNF again First a Thursday night match up followed by a Monday Night Football matchup man even shitty teams get some primetime looooove! Also Go Chelsea hope you beat Citeeeeeh!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I want to go to another Pats game. I flew up to see them beat the Cowboys a couple months ago, and it was one of the best experiences of my life. Getting to see Boston was cool and all. But the game is where it was at. Seeing Tom drive the offense down the field like he did in the last two minutes of that game was almost as cool as seeing Nine Inch Nails.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    I want to go to another Pats game. I flew up to see them beat the Cowboys a couple months ago, and it was one of the best experiences of my life. Getting to see Boston was cool and all. But the game is where it was at. Seeing Tom drive the offense down the field like he did in the last two minutes of that game was almost as cool as seeing Nine Inch Nails.
    OK, This is Kid Charlemagne in disguise, right?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    No, I kind of hate Nine Inch Nails now, and I REALLY hate Tom Brady and the Pats, and I would never go to Boston, it's too cold, I need to be where it's humid. That being said, as much as I hate Brady and the Pats, I really hope they curb stomp the Broncos because Tebowmania is making me lose sleep as a football fan. Besides Dra, if I were to go to Boston, I totally would have told you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Pujols is a jackass, but he was always like that. Besides, as good as he is, it's hard to imagine him being worth $25 million when he's fucking 41. For now, though, paying just about any amount of money for him is not a mistake. The Angels just want to take over Southern California. I'm just worried about the Diamondbacks. The trade for Cahill (why, A's??) just made their rotation competitive with San Francisco's, especially if the Giants lose Lincecum or Cain in the next couple years (unfortunately, it's probably going to happen. The G's payroll can't afford dual aces at market value if they want a better-than-league-worst offense). And all-around the D'backs just have way more minor league depth. That's going to be the battle for NL West next year. And if the Giants can't improve on their offense, they're going to lose again.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    No, I kind of hate Nine Inch Nails now, and I REALLY hate Tom Brady and the Pats, and I would never go to Boston, it's too cold, I need to be where it's humid. That being said, as much as I hate Brady and the Pats, I really hope they curb stomp the Broncos because Tebowmania is making me lose sleep as a football fan. Besides Dra, if I were to go to Boston, I totally would have told you.
    Guess your sarcasm meter was off. I guess getting a ticket to Fenway is out?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So the Angels are trying to buy up some fans while the Dodgers are down...and now the Clippers are rocking CP3 and eyeing the lackers ticket sales. WTF!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Big news of last night is that Chris Pronger is going to be out for the rest of the season with severe post-concussion syndrome. This could be it for his career as well. I hate the motherfucker but no one should have their season or career end like this.

Too many good players going down because of this.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Guess your sarcasm meter was off. I guess getting a ticket to Fenway is out?
    I'm sorry man, I've been on edge since last week, it's been a shitty holiday season so far. If I do make it to Fenway, it would be in the summer, cold weather hates me.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackholesun View Post
    Big news of last night is that Chris Pronger is going to be out for the rest of the season with severe post-concussion syndrome. This could be it for his career as well. I hate the motherfucker but no one should have their season or career end like this.

Too many good players going down because of this.
    I agree. Hockey has gotten so fast and hard. The good ol days when guys could barely skate and you got out of the way of a slap shot are over.

On the concussion side, what's this bullshit about McCoy's team not checking him for a concussion after he got crushed? Tap out dude.

EDIT: And I just learned that the NHL doesn't require mouth guards. Optional? Are you kidding me?
    24/7 Flyers/Rangers just started. I feel like such a fly on the wall. Both coaches are from Massachusetts so it's slightly more interesting for me. I'm surprised, but not shocked that they both drop f-bombs harder and even more frequently then Boudreau.

Kid - I'm sorry you having a tough season. If you can make it to Fenway, I'll buy you a $10 hot dog and sing Sweet Caroline with you.
    Last edited by Dra508; 12-18-2011 at 07:19 AM. Reason: Sunday morning Joe burst.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Ryan fucking Matthews FTW!!! Norv kept trying to screw me by putting Tolbert in at the goal line, but my man Matthews wouldn't be denied. Time to get some revenge for the baseball final.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Ah shit I'm set to lose in FF tonight. Basically need 17.2 points but the only player I have going tonight is my kicker. Hoping David Akers kicks like 6 field goals tonight haha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    I agree. Hockey has gotten so fast and hard. The good ol days when guys could barely skate and you got out of the way of a slap shot are over.
    One of the reasons is that they limit the goaltender to that stupid trapezoid behind the net. Since he isn't allowed to go into the corners, players race to get the puck and have a higher chance of getting hurt. Someone has to be done because they've had a crazy number of concussions in the past few years. As was mentioned, Chris Pronger may be done forever, and he's only 37. I don't mind that Crosby isn't playing, but it sucks for him considering he has been out since January (aside from 8 games). And then I have two guys on my fantasy team that are out because of concussions, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are more, and I'm sure more are going to occur.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Matt Barkley not going to the NFL! Good day to be a Trojan. Can't wait for SC's next season

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Fantasy Football -I'm in the loser bracket championship. Who's up for cheering me on against sineater?

I'm putting my virtual money on Fifey to take the ETS championship home with Michael Vick. Oy.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Go Dra! And my money is on my guys choking this week. We'll know soon enough though.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Damn it! Tony Romo's hand his some dude's helmet on the first drive and my fantasy season goes down in flames. I probably was going to lose anyway, but at least it could have been close enough to make every Devin Hester put return interesting tomorrow night.

Anyway, congrats to Fifey. His team was on top all year and deserves the title.