Page 64 of 94 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,920 of 2809

Thread: The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeDrug View Post
    i was stunned. i dont think ive ever seen a game decided by a tenth of a point before. good match up, and yea that late switch was my last hope to win. i got lucky.
    I've see FF results change when the numbers get double checked. Heartbreaking.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    And there will be a Game 7. This is the game no baseball fan should miss. One team will finally end its drought.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    lets go cubs

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    I'm going with The Cubs too even though Terry Franconia is The Man.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I'm going for the Cubs as well. I wouldn't be sad if the Indians win. Both teams deserve to end their drought.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    November is too late for baseball.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    November is too late for baseball.
    Seriously. It's like ice hockey in June.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Now that's some badass baseball right there.

Congrats Chicago and to the cubs. Thank you Indians for being apart of an amazing World Series. This was what I was looking for and more.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Definitely one of the best baseball games I had ever seen. This will be etched in stone for eons. The Cleveland Indians played their asses off and they are a great team. They deserve some love as I hope they can get a chance to go the World Series and win. Yet, tonight is about the fucking Cubs. 108-year drought is fucking over. What a fucking game this is. No more "Wait till next year". This is fucking next year. Congratulations Chicago.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    The last time the Cubs won the World Series was Before World War I, women couldn't vote, and it had been only five years since the first flight.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    We were out at a local sports bar watching this and everyone except one Lester fan wanted to punch Maddon for taking out Hendricks tonight, made ZERO fucking sense. What a painful win but we held on and did it but not without most of us CUBS fans nearly having a fucking stroke, ugh. The entire bar cleared out and went home during the rain delay and G and I watched the last OT inning at home with the dog. G cried. The dog danced. Our Chicago friends from all over the country texted us. Wtf the fucking CUBS just won the World Series.

This week we are gonna do what nearly everybody is gonna do on the north side: put CUBS flags on our dead CUBS fan relatives' graves.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    What an exciting game last night. Congrats to the Cubs and their fans!
    I miss baseball in Montreal. Hopefully, we'll get our team back sooner than later.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Un fucking real. I dont usually do my sports on ETS, but holy shit man. What a year, what a series, what a night. Just unbelievable. W!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go cubs Go! I prob shouldnt have driven to work this morning as i am still drunken! World series champs muthafucker!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    What an exciting game last night. Congrats to the Cubs and their fans!
    I miss baseball in Montreal. Hopefully, we'll get our team back sooner than later.
    I'm still crying over the 1981 season. Come back, Nos Amours!

I'm such a die-hard baseball fan but I rarely watch it anymore because I'm always reminded of all we've lost when the Expos left.

But I had to watch yesterday and good God, what a game it was. I was rooting for the Cubs all the way. I'm with John Cusack; I'm both a Cubs and a White Sox fan. And a Blue Jays one; and of course, a Yankees one.

Baseball is the greatest sport on Earth.

Congrats Cubs and enjoy the celebrations!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    best worldseries game ive ever seen. probably best baseball game ive ever seen. until the mets decide to win a world series

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I fucking hate Aroldis Chapman. Like I was almost glad that he was the goat (no pun intended), because he's such a shit human being and him blowing the save was almost karmic in a way. Glad to see two more runs put on and Edwards and Montgomery come in to win the game.

Kyle was pulled too early and Lester was just all over the place when he came in, nearly gave me a fucking heart attack.

Loved how Jay Hey was the one to give a pep talk to the team to rile them up. I know he's been kind of a bust this season, but I think people underestimate how great he is defensively, like seriously, he's the best defensive outfielder in baseball, and with that lineup, he can sort of afford to underachieve with his bat.

So happy for Chicago, happy for the Cubs. I hate Cleveland, but I tip my hat to the Indians. I love Tito, and considering two of their starting pitchers got injured before the playoffs started, they fucking went toe to toe and that's admirable. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if we get a rematch next year.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    michael evans killing it for me tonight...this week is looking good in ets fantasy

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    All Saints Cemetery

"Sure as God made green apples, someday the Chicago Cubs are going to be in the World Series." -- Harry Caray

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Kevin Durant seriously must've hated playing with Russell Westbrook to have the fire to put on a performance like he did tonight.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The Cubbies winning still seems so surreal. What a series, game 7 took several years off of my life. I've already spent over 200 bucks on world series swag, ha.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    i'm so fucking proud of the cubs

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    The Cubbies winning still seems so surreal. What a series, game 7 took several years off of my life. I've already spent over 200 bucks on world series swag, ha.
    Chicagoans WORSHIP Harry Caray and people keep playing this commercial online and on their computer, of (the late) Harry calling the game like he was still alive, and it is STILL making my HUSBAND CRY, and I think he is gonna spend about a grand on Cubs champion shit, LOL

Right now, we are watching the CRAZY MAYHEM downtown, holy shit.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Yeah I'm watching the parade on my phone, there are so many people there. I will refrain from watching that video until I get home, can't be crying at work. Haha.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Good idea!

The team allegedly has FORTY BUSES??!?!?!?!

At least they have signs on the front of the buses as to who is ON the bus. We went to the Hawks Stanley Cup parade in 2010 and a shitload of buses passed us and everybody kept saying "who the fuck is that?" because there were just a bunch of unknown people on the bus from what we could determine.

I wish we could have gone down there and stood along Lake Shore Drive or something, but my husband took yesterday off already (hangover).

Last edited by allegro; 11-04-2016 at 11:12 AM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    MY FANTASY TEAM IS LIT TONIGHT

Too bad whoever I am playing against didn't update their roster, and have like three players on a Bye. That makes it less rewarding.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    No David Johnson, no Cardinals D, and no LeGarrette Blount (even if his role has diminshed since Brady's return) and it looks like I might be headed for my first L in my fantasy football league. 7-0 no more perhaps.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    MY FANTASY TEAM IS LIT TONIGHT

Too bad whoever I am playing against didn't update their roster, and have like three players on a Bye. That makes it less rewarding.
    Might be me. I terminated my yahoo account, don't know if my team still exists.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Might be me. I terminated my yahoo account, don't know if my team still exists.
    nah i played you tonight. your team is a mess.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I find it kind of refreshing that I lost by 68 on my massive bye week. I knew I wasn't going to win anyway, so might as well get it all out of the system and completely crap the bed. On to week 10.