Page 82 of 93 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,460 of 2811

Thread: The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Can't stand Kyrie. He's what's wrong with the league in one dysfunctional package. Zero work ethic & zero working in a team structure. Anyone who signs him is getting exactly what they deserve. James Harden is almost as bad. Wouldn't sign him either.
    This is why I don't see the mavs wanting Kyrie. Aside from that one time Mark Cuban fucked up and split up the championship winning squad that could have won in 2012, too, this team is more about building and developing a crew than getting a prima dona superstar for a ring.

And even IF Cuban wanted to switch up the formula, you've got Dirk in an administrative position, Kidd as head coach, Chandler as a development coach...I think they'd talk him out of it.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    @elevenism

Yeah I'm with you in thinking it just isn't in the cards for them to beat the Suns this year. But they still have to play the games and once the ball is tossed anything can happen. I think the Mavs other players should play better at their home games so I also don't think it's completely out of the question they even the series. Game 3 is a must win though. And CP3 is playing like a man possessed so it won't be anything easy. Just give Luka one big who can protect the rim and can work in pick and rolls and I think they're already good enough to beat this Suns team in a series. I've got the Suns as second best in the NBA to GS right now but a lot of that has to do with GS's experience and the fact that Steph and Klay are going to win 2 games every series by shooting threes alone.

@chuckrh

I agree with everything you're saying in here about players. Kyrie and Harden are the worst. I don't see how anyone could be a fan of them. No heart, all excuses. I like Draymond as a player, he's a swiss army knife of a player, but his mouth is annoying. I really don't like the Heat though and I think I'd rather see the Bucks take on GS in the finals. What I really wanted to happen somehow is for Brooklyn to somehow get to the finals so GS could run a clinic on them. KD took their team mentality for granted and without them he's back exactly where he started.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Luka passed Michael Jordan in game 2, though, and now has the highest scoring average in playoff history.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Luka passed Michael Jordan in game 2, though, and now has the highest scoring average in playoff history.
    He'll be able to reflect on that in Cancun in a few weeks.

I kid, I kid!

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    He'll be able to reflect on that in Cancun in a few weeks.

I kid, I kid!
    Well...I mean, it's true.
    Although if he's anything like his spiritual predecessor, he'll be reflecting on it in the gym...if he thinks about it much at all.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Well...I mean, it's true.
    Although if he's anything like his spiritual predecessor, he'll be reflecting on it in the gym...if he thinks about it much at all.
    Nice, you got a win! Getting swept would suck.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Nice, you got a win! Getting swept would suck.
    I was really hoping for that win. I DID say all I cared about was getting out of round 1, because that's good, reasonable progress.

But then, yeah, getting SWEPT in round 2, even by the best team in the league, wouldn't be so great for morale.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I've been getting into F1 for a few years. Started before I knew about "Drive to Survive". It's so much better than NASCAR. Just watched qualifying for the first Miami Grand Prix. They did a great job with the track. It's real fast but tough. Should be a great race tomorrow.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    All this mavs/suns series has reminded me is how much I loathe Chris Paul and his fake ass flops. He’s one of those players that you hate to see play your team because he’s such a walking bucket and knows just when to take over games, but would also be a perfect fit on your favorite team.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    I loathe Chris Paul, (he)... would also be a perfect fit on your favorite team.
    My mom is an NBA FANATIC, and we were talking about something similar to this yesterday morning, regarding CP3 at first, but also arrogant players in general.

Looking at the most loved, hated, and BEST nba players, there's a lot of overlap.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    getting excited for the Miami Grand Prix in a few hours. nice to have a race on during the day not like the middle of the night like some of them. there's probably going to be some wrecks today as it's a tough course. hopefully no one gets hurt except the billionaire owners' wallets.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Great race today. Very competitive.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    I'm not gonna curse this thing by saying SHIT about what's going on.

Buuuuut...suns and mavs...

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I'm not gonna curse this thing by saying SHIT about what's going on.

Buuuuut...suns and mavs...
    I won't comment as I can throw down a mean jinx, not always on purpose.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    0-0

Best of three.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    So, the Mavs absolutely collapsed in the third yesterday. Luka and Brunson went one on one and there was no ball movement, Ayton came to life and dominated in the paint (Mavs should be very worried about this), and they lost by 30 after playing a good first half.

Now they go back to Dallas and the pressure that was on the Suns is now on the Mavs in game 6. Now the Suns have a game where it's house money for them. It isn't going to be as easy as games 3 and 4. I expect Dallas will start out tight, the way the Suns did in game 5. Can they correct course? Backs against the wall. Luka has to be better and his team has to show up again at home. Let's go!

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Game 7

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    If Dallas pulls game 7 off, I will be shook. Can’t wait for sunday

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Bruins managed to tie their playoff series at 3-3 last night, here's hoping the Celtics can do the same tonight!

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    And here I was hoping we "just didn't get swept."

Holy shit, guys: @burnmotherfucker! @chuckrh @ryanmcfly

Good lord.
    Jesus Christ.
    This is arguably the best team in the NBA, and we've got their backs against the wall. Hell, Luka played better (statistically AND qualitatively) than Booker and CP3 combined last night.

This is what rebuilding looks like, and it's actually happening more quickly than I expected.
    I don't think it's too far fetched to say that these mavs could potentially be a dynasty team in the next few years: we HAVE to resign Brunson, though. I thought he was easily replaceable, but I damn sure don't think that now.

What's that about a series not starting until a road team wins? Well I guess this one starts in game 7, or never happened.

Edit: also, we've got all these grim stats being thrown around.
    7% chance of winning after being down by 2. 20% chance of winning after losing a game 5 in a 7 game series. 20% chance of winning a road game 7 but...

FUCK IT.
    0-0, motherfuckers!
    Last edited by elevenism; 05-13-2022 at 12:55 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I just want the Suns to lose, and would love to see Luka finally get a win in an elimination game... 0-2. Doesn't help that every home game has been a win for the home team lol.

Brunson is a must keep, but showing out in the Jazz series averaging over 26 points a game... There are ready a few teams lined up to offer him a lot of money. I would like for him to stay in Dallas though.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 05-13-2022 at 04:26 PM.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    62-27 mavs, early in the third.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

One of the rarest feats in baseball happened today. Only the sixth time this has happened since 1900.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    ^^^ 0 hits and a win... WOW.

Just turned the Dallas/Phoenix game on... And the Suns have 47 points in the 4TH QUARTER. I'm so happy right now.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Celtics finished off the Bucks today. Hopefully they can do the same to the Heat.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Celtics finished off the Bucks today. Hopefully they can do the same to the Heat.
    I gotta go with Miami, not a Celtics fan & I like how the Heat play. In the west I'm good with either team going to the finals. Normally I'd be rooting for Golden State but because of the @elevenism factor I'll let the sports deities decide it.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Still plenty of basketball left!

All Phoenix needs is a 43 and 0 run...

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Wow, I mean this is uncanny. And in a Game 7? I've never seen this in a Game 7 that I can remember.

And to think there were a couple folks in here insinuating I was a jinx. I think I'm a basketball prophet is what I think. lol

This big lead is good for my blood pressure I know that much. One of the most memorable series I've seen in a long time.

I've thought all year long that the Warriors were going to win it all this year. I still think that. And I like Klay a lot and the way he had to fight back from 2 devastating injuries. And them Celtics look like they're peaking at the right time of year. But all that said, it's GO MAVS! the rest of the way for me.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burnmotherfucker! View Post

And to think there were a couple folks in here insinuating I was a jinx. I think I'm a basketball prophet is what I think. lol

Dude, it's just a thing.
    In the MLB, you NEVER mention the possibility of a no hitter when a pitcher has one going. It's general baseball etiquette.

In basketball, for a lot of us, it's, for instance, considered poor etiquette to discuss a player's shooting ability when he's at the free throw line.
    A lot of us don't wash our gear until the playoffs are over. (My mavs shirt and hat stink, currently.)
    Some of us MUST watch or DON'T watch big games.
    MOST OF ALL, @burnmotherfucker! , we never, EVER, EVER predict game/series outcomes or speak/write in an overly confident manner.

That's the sort of shit @chuckrh and I were talking about.

OF COURSE I expected DAL to win this game.
    And I knew we had a good chance of winning the series from the get go.

I just don't SAY it. I DO believe in jinxes, as does my wife.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Dude, it's just a thing.
    In the MLB, you NEVER mention the possibility of a no hitter when a pitcher has one going. It's general baseball etiquette.

In basketball, for a lot of us, it's, for instance, considered poor etiquette to discuss a player's shooting ability when he's at the free throw line.
    A lot of us don't wash our gear until the playoffs are over. (My mavs shirt and hat stink, currently.)
    Some of us MUST watch or DON'T watch big games.
    MOST OF ALL, @burnmotherfucker! , we never, EVER, EVER predict game/series outcomes or speak/write in an overly confident manner.

That's the sort of shit @chuckrh and I were talking about.

OF COURSE I expected DAL to win this game.
    And I knew we had a good chance of winning the series from the get go.

I just don't SAY it. I DO believe in jinxes, as does my wife.
    Oh ye of little faith!

It's no worries at all man, all in good fun. I've been watching/playing sports my whole life and I know all about jinxes. But the thing is, go back and read my post now and it was pretty spot on. In fact I basically summed up my thoughts on the series before games 4,5,6,7. So if I'm a jinx, I was a jinx for the Suns because the Mavs took 4 of 5 from them. I'd agree if it was during or before a game and you say who's winning. But I've never in my life heard of discussing the state of a series between games to be a jinx. Also, jinxes can feel real, but the athletes are the only people affecting the outcome. It's so much harder to watch your team play than to actually play because there's no affecting the outcome.

And the main point though, I never predicted any of the games or the series once I started rooting for the Mavs, I simply stated the ways I thought the outcomes of past games affected the games to come. Probably the most overly confident thing I said was that the Mavs were dangerous and it was fun being a fan now. But you know what, that would have still been true even if they'd have lost today. They just took the best regular season team to 7 and won and won as BIG as anyone ever has in a big game.

I promise to be careful in this thread for you though, I'll avoid absolute statements and such. After all you are the lifelong Mavs fan and I'm just a bandwagon rider. Enjoy this shit. Enjoy it no matter the outcome at this point, because these guys are gamers.