Page 90 of 92 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,700 of 2741

Thread: The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

  1. #2671
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    the beginning of the end
    Posts
    9,096
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Mavs starting to look pretty decent!

    It was kind of ruff when we rested Luka, though.

    I don't see us winning a finals again, until we get him a TRUE partner. Dinwittee, Bullock, Green, Wood, Hardaway, Maxi: those guys are all badass.

    But Dallas played their best seasons with Nowitzki and Nash, plus Finley...even though that wasn't our championship year.

    And when we DID win, we had that big, hardcore center, Tyson Chandler.

    The point being, we need a Nash to sync up with Luka's Dirk. You guys remember Stevie Nash hitting those no look passes behind his back?
    I mean, FUCK.

    You could catch those guys at the bar together, they had matching shoes for a time, Nash even helped Dirk obviously learn to speak English better, obviously. (Find a dirk interview that doesn't include the word "obviously)."

    Bottom line? Basketball is back in full swing. Thank the God of Basketball, Basketball Jesus. Or Jesús?
    Maybe it's JJ Barea.

    I don't get into your American Beisbol, and the American Football...there just aren't enough games, and Dallas has been gonna "almost maybe make it this time" since the 90s.

  2. #2672
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    7,475
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)


    In case you're wondering "what fresh hell is this"...well:





    "How do you do, fellow kids"

  3. #2673
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,222
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Mavs starting to look pretty decent!

    It was kind of ruff when we rested Luka, though.

    I don't see us winning a finals again, until we get him a TRUE partner. Dinwittee, Bullock, Green, Wood, Hardaway, Maxi: those guys are all badass.

    But Dallas played their best seasons with Nowitzki and Nash, plus Finley...even though that wasn't our championship year.

    And when we DID win, we had that big, hardcore center, Tyson Chandler.

    The point being, we need a Nash to sync up with Luka's Dirk. You guys remember Stevie Nash hitting those no look passes behind his back?
    I mean, FUCK.

    You could catch those guys at the bar together, they had matching shoes for a time, Nash even helped Dirk obviously learn to speak English better, obviously. (Find a dirk interview that doesn't include the word "obviously)."

    Bottom line? Basketball is back in full swing. Thank the God of Basketball, Basketball Jesus. Or Jesús?
    Maybe it's JJ Barea.

    I don't get into your American Beisbol, and the American Football...there just aren't enough games, and Dallas has been gonna "almost maybe make it this time" since the 90s.
    You got a basketball jones! George Harrison actually played guitar on this song. interesting trivia.

  4. #2674
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,222
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Chemo sick this week so I'll be doing the NFL deep dive tomorrow. Flying solo, not the first time. GO SEAHAWKS!

  5. #2675
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    the beginning of the end
    Posts
    9,096
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Chemo sick this week so I'll be doing the NFL deep dive tomorrow. Flying solo, not the first time. GO SEAHAWKS!
    bIG UPS Seahaks!
    Twin Peaks area hanging in there.
    Its never mentioned in the show, but i can imagine Hawk, Andy, all Trumans, Big Ed, Carl, Cooper, and maybe even Cole, having a beer and watching Seattle games.

    Meanwhile, as we say down here, "how 'bout them Cowboys?
    BIG ass game today against the despicable New Yorks or whatever its called.
    "think quick/you're runna outta lucka/playing Mr Big?/ we gonna get you fuckers." -Fugees, (with suckers changed to fuckers)

    It sure was nice what we did to the...what are they called again? The Victims? The Vag?
    OH YEAH.
    The Vikings.

  6. #2676
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    the beginning of the end
    Posts
    9,096
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    WE GOT THOSE FUCKERS1

    There's a damn fine chance that we'll go to the playoffs, and, you know, lose in the fir...ok, i'll shut up.

    At any rate, let's run a Seattle style train up the ass of the "raiders."
    They ain't RAIDING shit!

  7. #2677
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    6,089
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    I'm looking forward for the Seattle game too!

    I loved the Lions/Bills game from yesterday, The Lions have become a meme at this point but at least they game a very competitive game against one of the best teams on the league!

    Also: Russell Wilson keeps losing, lol!

  8. #2678
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,222
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I'm looking forward for the Seattle game too!

    I loved the Lions/Bills game from yesterday, The Lions have become a meme at this point but at least they game a very competitive game against one of the best teams on the league!

    Also: Russell Wilson keeps losing, lol!
    Seahawks own Denver's first & second round picks this year. Right now I think we would be picking in the top 5. Could be a historically good trade for the Hawks & historically bad trade for the Donkeys. Wilson looks done. We saw signs of that the last few seasons in Seattle. There was no way the Hawks were going to pay him $50 million a year. This trade could mess up Denver for years to come. So sad!

  9. #2679
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,222
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    US 0 England 0. Why I hate soccer! There's 2 hours of my life I'll never get back.

  10. #2680
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    the beginning of the end
    Posts
    9,096
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    US 0 England 0. Why I hate soccer! There's 2 hours of my life I'll never get back.
    oh, fuck me. :P

    i'm a lifelong soccer fan, but, jesus...it's true.

  11. #2681
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belarus
    Posts
    4,223
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Qatar is the first team out and it's the best thing happened so far. Also congrats to my great neighbors Poland on their fist win.

  12. #2682
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    6,089
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    US 0 England 0. Why I hate soccer! There's 2 hours of my life I'll never get back.
    Mexico lost, we're almost out of the world cup (deserved)

  13. #2683
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,222
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    The "I'm pretty clutch" guy from the Uber commercials needs to be locked in a room & made to watch his ad on an endless loop until he pees his pants. Put this on the sports thread as I've seen the ad approx 252 times today whilst watching football.

  14. #2684
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    7,475
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)


    damn, that's all-out.

  15. #2685
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    3,135
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    I happened to catch that Colts/Vikings game on a fluke, and was able to witness that historic comeback from kick-off lol; The Colts really are miserable.

    Imagine being Matt Ryan that was behind the helm for historic blown leads in the Super Bowl, AND the regular season... OOF.

  16. #2686
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,222
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    I happened to catch that Colts/Vikings game on a fluke, and was able to witness that historic comeback from kick-off lol; The Colts really are miserable.

    Imagine being Matt Ryan that was behind the helm for historic blown leads in the Super Bowl, AND the regular season... OOF.
    The game was so out of control that I left at halftime to go visit my elderly aunt & uncle. Imagine my surprise to find out the Colts blew the lead when I got home.

  17. #2687
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    3,135
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    The game was so out of control that I left at halftime to go visit my elderly aunt & uncle. Imagine my surprise to find out the Colts blew the lead when I got home.
    UGH! Yeaa I'm sure that stung a little bit.

    They always say "Never turn the game off" and EVERY TIME I do, a team comes back or something crazy happens. I didn't have much to do so I left it on to play in the background while I worked on the computer. Once I heard "Minnesota makes it a 2 score game!" I stopped what I was doing and fully tuned back in. Man, I love sports.

    My two favorite teams are playing each other this afternoon... Jags and Cowboys! Everyone always asks how I became a fan of these teams being a New Yorker... My uncle was from Florida and he came to live with us for a while, and it was just when they expanded into the league, so I was given a plethora of Jaguars memorabilia. I have tons of stuff with the old logos on them.

    Dallas... Well, my father was a die hard fan, so I really didn't have a choice, Hahaa.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 12-18-2022 at 12:09 PM.

  18. #2688
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    6,089
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    I happened to catch that Colts/Vikings game on a fluke, and was able to witness that historic comeback from kick-off lol; The Colts really are miserable.

    Imagine being Matt Ryan that was behind the helm for historic blown leads in the Super Bowl, AND the regular season... OOF.
    I'm just watching the game highlights, hilarious!

    Also: What a great game it was Dolphins/Bills

  19. #2689
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,222
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I'm just watching the game highlights, hilarious!

    Also: What a great game it was Dolphins/Bills
    World Cup game was great today. NFL TV schedule here ho hum today but SNF could be good. Yesterday was good (what I saw).

  20. #2690
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    3,135
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Anddd Jags get the win! Arguably one of the best NFL games of the season. Damn, what a dogfight!

  21. #2691
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,222
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Anddd Jags get the win! Arguably one of the best NFL games of the season. Damn, what a dogfight!
    Stephen A will be must see TV today

  22. #2692
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    3,135
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Stephen A will be must see TV today
    I look forward to it, every time lolol. I'll have to catch it later!

  23. #2693
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    the beginning of the end
    Posts
    9,096
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Mr. Luka Doncic is averaging the highest Points/Rebounds/Assists of ANY PLAYER IN NBA HISTORY.

    What's even crazier is that Embiid of the Sixers is right behind him, as is Mr. The Greek Freek of Milwaukee,.and Denver's The Joker.

    AND, Steph Curry is having ANOTHER record breaking season, in terms of shooting percentage: he's the most accurate shooter in history to.average 24 points per game...and 23, and 22, and 21, and 20, and 19, and 18, and 17, all the way down to like, FOUR.

    Basketball has just flat out hit a new level, with some of these guys.

    Also, the west has become INSANELY competitive. The second and third place teams are both one game back.
    The NINTH place mavs are 4 games back, with the ELEVENTH place Warriors being 5 games back.

    This season, so far, is unlike anything I've ever seen, between the record breaking numbers coming from about a dozen individual players, and the neck and neck competition for placement in the west.
    The Mavs are currently in NINTH,

  24. #2694
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    3,135
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    NBA has been amazing this year. The west has been pretty close almost the entire season, but now it's closer than ever. It's going to be mayhem if a team doesn't start coming out as the best of the best, because even bottom tier teams are now able to beat the top tier teams on any given night!

    Luka has been my favorite player in the league for some time. His swagger, his energy, HIS IQ just seems to be ahead of everyone else and he's only 23... TWENTY THREE. The only thing that worries me is that he always has some sort of injury and that brings me back to the Kobe days when he literally had to do everything and put a lot of milage on his body. Luka has good pieces around him, and Christian Wood was a great pick up, but they are in need of at least one consistent all-star that can carry some of the load. Dallas should be nowhere near the 9th seed; they're better than that, but they have blown a lot of leads this season, with games they should have won and not let get away.

    Trades will eventually start popping up, so I don't really set much in stone until a little bit before the all-star break to really start making predictions.

    The Lakers have slowed the bleeding, but man, it's really tough being a Lakers fan these days. The front office is absolutely clueless, Anthony Davis has played the best basketball of his career as of lately, out another month... Lakers twitter has been so on top of all the nonsense since they broke up the entire 2020 squad, hell, even the 2021 squad. We were in 1st place before Lebron and AD went down, and then covid bullshit happened so the season was pretty much lost. But if AD doesn't get hurt in that Suns series, Lakers win... They were up 2-1. We have Phoenix tonight at the end of a back to back and we'll probably lose that one, after coming off a great win in Denver and Washington.

    Edit: Lebron, AD, and Austin Reaves are all out... So a loss is imminent.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 12-19-2022 at 06:54 PM.

  25. #2695
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belarus
    Posts
    4,223
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Meanwhile in the sport that's actually important (no offense, North America).

    Love him or hate him, this man fucking deserved it.

    A post shared by on


  26. #2696
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,222
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Mr. Luka Doncic is averaging the highest Points/Rebounds/Assists of ANY PLAYER IN NBA HISTORY.

    What's even crazier is that Embiid of the Sixers is right behind him, as is Mr. The Greek Freek of Milwaukee,.and Denver's The Joker.

    AND, Steph Curry is having ANOTHER record breaking season, in terms of shooting percentage: he's the most accurate shooter in history to.average 24 points per game...and 23, and 22, and 21, and 20, and 19, and 18, and 17, all the way down to like, FOUR.

    Basketball has just flat out hit a new level, with some of these guys.

    Also, the west has become INSANELY competitive. The second and third place teams are both one game back.
    The NINTH place mavs are 4 games back, with the ELEVENTH place Warriors being 5 games back.

    This season, so far, is unlike anything I've ever seen, between the record breaking numbers coming from about a dozen individual players, and the neck and neck competition for placement in the west.
    The Mavs are currently in NINTH,
    Damian Lillard is killing it, too. He's back from injury & tearing it up. Just passed 18000 career points & passed Clyde Drexler as the franchise all time leading scorer. The Blazers are starting to happen on a team level, too.

  27. #2697
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    the beginning of the end
    Posts
    9,096
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Damian Lillard is killing it, too. He's back from injury & tearing it up. Just passed 18000 career points & passed Clyde Drexler as the franchise all time leading scorer. The Blazers are starting to happen on a team level, too.
    It's really crazy.

    I was looking at the MVP race, and it's just amazing: like, eight to ten years ago, the dudes in 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th places would be a shoe in.

    And, yeah. Blazers looking good, Memphis in first place in the west, fucking PELICANS jumping between 2nd, 3rd and 4th. Wild season so far.

  28. #2698
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    the beginning of the end
    Posts
    9,096
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Meanwhile in the sport that's actually important (no offense, North America).

    Love him or hate him, this man fucking deserved it.

    A post shared by on

    Ay, @fillow : first off, Mexico is North America.

    Also, believe it or not, a LOT of us in the US DO love soccer (and, contrary to popular belief, we got the term "soccer" from the UK: it was NOT invented to differentiate from the NFL, which didn't exist, then).

    I played fullback growing up, but stopped before it really got competitive,.as did pretty much everyone I knew.
    My brother, meanwhile, was a forward, and kept playing in what they call the "Select League."
    He dreamed of going pro, and I honestly think he was good enough, until he broke his leg on the field in an SL tournament at 19.

    We grew up playing mostly soccer video games: NOT baseball or football.

    ALSo, we have MULTIPLE pro leagues in the US, both traditional and indoor: the MLS, MISL, MASL, etc.
    I saw dozens of Dallas Sidekicks games when I was young, and it was fucking great.
    Now, we've got FC Dallas.
    I've also been to PACKED bars, to see World Cup games at like 6AM, in TEXAS, no less, and have caught several live MLS games, too.
    Hell, I even rock multiple different soccer jerseys, just as I did when I was a child. I've got an Iraq jersey, a KC Wizards, a Monarcas Morelia with the Cerveza del Sol logo, and some others.

    I say all this to say, that I think a LOT of people would be surprised at how big soccer actually is in the US: no, the MLS doesn't match the NBA or NFL, but there IS a HUGE fandom.
    Also, in my experience, kids' soccer leagues are MUCH bigger than football or baseball. That's 100% true in the Dallas area, where I grew up. EVERYONE played soccer, and you might know one or two people who played something else.

    And, yeah.

    VAMOS, ARGENTINA!
    Last edited by elevenism; 12-20-2022 at 01:32 PM.

  29. #2699
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    the beginning of the end
    Posts
    9,096
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    @chuckrh look at this


  30. #2700
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    3,135
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    I love playing soccer, I hate watching it... Go figure lol.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions