Page 86 of 94 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,580 of 2809

Thread: The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    For the record @chuckrh , that's the ONLY dude that gets on my nerves with his hatred of all.things dallas.

I've got a shirt that say DALLAS VS EVERYONE, another with DALLAS: WE RUN THE SOUTH, I've got a hoodie with an AK that says DEFEND DALLAS. I have a Dirty Dirty Dallas hat (aka Triple D- that's what triple D means, btw).

I'm just really, REALLY down for my city, that's all. That dude seems to have a problem with the CITY.

I'm not a gangbanger, but I came up as what people call a tagbanger.

Sports talk is fine, but that dude disrespects the city and the people who live there.

And he does it on purpose, and thinks it's funny.

You know what? I bet he wouldn't say "fuck everyone in Chicago, or Atlanta," now, would he?
    I never had an issue with Dallas as an state or the people, i just dislike the Cowboys as a team and you know that, actually most people from Dallas i met are quality people.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Holy shit, this Edmonton / Calgary game. 4 goals in just over 2 minutes.

Edit: EDMONTON WINS! DUNCAN KEITH!!!!
    Last edited by allegro; 05-26-2022 at 11:42 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I never had an issue with Dallas as an state or the people, i just dislike the Cowboys as a team and you know that, actually most people from Dallas i met are quality people.
    People in Chicago hate the Packers SO MUCH, they frequently say “and fuck everyone in Green Bay, and in Wisconsin.”

I don’t hear the people in Wisconsin say that about Chicago, but it isn’t because they’re AFRAID of people in Chicago. Because the VAST majority of residents in this city of 2.699 MILLION people in Chicago aren’t people anyone would fear; it’s because people in Wisconsin just don’t care.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    People in Chicago hate the Packers SO MUCH, they frequently say “and fuck everyone in Green Bay, and in Wisconsin.”

I don’t hear the people in Wisconsin say that about Chicago, but it isn’t because they’re AFRAID of people in Chicago. Because the VAST majority of residents in this city of 2.699 MILLION people in Chicago aren’t people anyone would fear; it’s because people in Wisconsin just don’t care.
    It's funny becase here in Mexico we don't have an NFL franchise, but the most popular teams in here are The Cowboys and The Patriots, to me all the Cowboys fans (in Mexico) are people who either don't know nothing about the sport (and they support now the Pats as fairweather fans) or are annoying as fuck...

I watched the NFL since the 90's as a kid and my team was San Francisco (they aren't anymore...), so that's were my hate for the Cowboys started, but as i said, my issue is with the team and NOT the people there, my cousin lived many years in Dallas many years and good ol' @elevenism is a quality person to say the least.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    It's funny becase here in Mexico we don't have an NFL franchise, but the most popular teams in here are The Cowboys and The Patriots, to me all the Cowboys fans (in Mexico) are people who either don't know nothing about the sport (and they support now the Pats as fairweather fans) or are annoying as fuck...

I watched the NFL since the 90's as a kid and my team was San Francisco (they aren't anymore...), so that's were my hate for the Cowboys started, but as i said, my issue is with the team and NOT the people there, my cousin lived many years in Dallas many years and good ol' @elevenism is a quality person to say the least.
    Because you don’t live in one of the team cities, you don’t experience the team rivalries.

I’m from Detroit; although I’ve lived in Chicago for over 30 years, I just don’t give a fuck about the Bears, so I especially don’t GAF about hating the Packers or Packers fans. But this shit gets SERIOUS around here. It’s in my HOUSE. My HUSBAND HATES THE PACKERS! Hates anything to DO with the Packers. “FUCK the Packers!”

His former coworker is from Milwaukee. They were in a BAND together. For, like, 20 years! He’s a huge Packers fan. My husband is NOT friends with him, lol. This guy HATES the Bears. AND Bears fans.

Last edited by allegro; 05-27-2022 at 01:39 PM.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Because you don’t live in one of the team cities, you don’t experience the team rivalries.

I’m from Detroit; although I’ve lived in Chicago for over 30 years, I just don’t give a fuck about the Bears, so I especially don’t GAF about hating the Packers or Packers fans. But this shit gets SERIOUS around here. It’s in my HOUSE. My HUSBAND HATES THE PACKERS! Hates anything to DO with the Packers. “FUCK the Packers!”

His former coworker is from Milwaukee. They were in a BAND together. For, like, 20 years! He’s a huge Packers fan. My husband is NOT friends with him, lol. This guy HATES the Bears. AND Bears fans.
    I don't experience the rivalries (sadly, would love to go to a live game in Chicago, lol), but i'm aware of them.

I mentioned that i'm a San Francisco fan, but one of the teams i support are the Sehawks that it's almost contradictory on the NFL, considering they have a long rivalry and most of the time they dispute their division.

But one of my favorite rivalries has to be Baltimore/Pittsburgh, i'm not even a Ravens fan or anything, but i'm always happy when they win over the Steelers (another team i dislike, lol...)

Thanks for the video, will watch it!

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    I don't experience the rivalries (sadly, would love to go to a live game in Chicago, lol), but i'm aware of them.

I mentioned that i'm a San Francisco fan, but one of the teams i support are the Sehawks that it's almost contradictory on the NFL, considering they have a long rivalry and most of the time they dispute their division.

But one of my favorite rivalries has to be Baltimore/Pittsburgh, i'm not even a Ravens fan or anything, but i'm always happy when they win over the Steelers (another team i dislike, lol...)

Thanks for the video, will watch it!
    Be ready for an ugly Seahawk season. There's a plan in place though for the future. Next year they will have 2 first round & 2 second round picks so they should be able to address QB at a realistic cost. I think/hope Denver is going to be last in the AFC West. Russell Wilson is going to want at least $250 million next year, all of it guaranteed. The Hawks didn't want to pay him that as they think he has probably peaked. The Hawks have been usually pretty spot on about when to let guys go. Look at Richard Sherman & Earl Thomas. They kind of follow New England's theory about that. Maybe letting go of Bobby Wagner was a mistake but he was scheduled to make a real lot this season & he has slowed down a bit. So, I'm going to ride out the coming season ok in the knowledge that things will probably get better soon.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Be ready for an ugly Seahawk season. There's a plan in place though for the future. Next year they will have 2 first round & 2 second round picks so they should be able to address QB at a realistic cost. I think/hope Denver is going to be last in the AFC West. Russell Wilson is going to want at least $250 million next year, all of it guaranteed. The Hawks didn't want to pay him that as they think he has probably peaked. The Hawks have been usually pretty spot on about when to let guys go. Look at Richard Sherman & Earl Thomas. They kind of follow New England's theory about that. Maybe letting go of Bobby Wagner was a mistake but he was scheduled to make a real lot this season & he has slowed down a bit. So, I'm going to ride out the coming season ok in the knowledge that things will probably get better soon.
    Oh yes, don't get me started.

In a way i'm happy for Russ, the guy seemed so unhappy last couple of seasons and he wasn't winning any games, sadly the Legion of Boom is no more and it will take time for the hawks to rise again...

As for Russell: i think he'll do great in Denver, the team has a great defense but has virtually no offence, maybe Russ will cook something for them.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

huh.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

huh.
    Not surprising: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Ilitch

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    my dad told us a story several times of how he was in the Marines with someone who went on to found a huge pizza chain. Said he was offered a chance to get in because they were stationed together but didn't take it.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    my dad told us a story several times of how he was in the Marines with someone who went on to found a huge pizza chain. Said he was offered a chance to get in because they were stationed together but didn't take it.
    Mike was a great guy.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...rent/97989230/

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    @allegate , @allegro ...did you try the Batman Calzony?
    (I know it's calzone, for the record, but it says "Calzony" on the menu and box).

Anyway, I ate three of them.

And then?
    I became Batman.

That's the whole secret! That's ALL HE EATS!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    @allegate , @allegro ...did you try the Batman Calzony?
    (I know it's calzone, for the record, but it says "Calzony" on the menu and box).
    The correct Italian pronunciation of calzone is “KALTZ(like California)-oh-nay”

So Little Caesars is probably trying to force people to at least try to say it correctly?

I don’t like calzone.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    The correct Italian pronunciation of calzone is “KALTZ(like California)-oh-nay”

So Little Caesars is probably trying to force people to at least try to say it correctly?

I don’t like calzone.
    It's not a REAL calzone. It's a pizza in the shape of a Batman logo, with large cheese/meat stuffed edges, and a dipping sauce.

I mean I GUESS that's a calzone, TECHNICALLY? I mean, I guess?

I liked them, though.

So.

10 to 1, football logo calzone/pizzas are coming soon

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    I like the ownership of Little Caesar's, the family are good people. The pizza is kind of meh though. They are way too obsessed with pepperoni for my taste. A little pepperoni goes a long way for me.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    So Happy the Warriors won and Steph got his FMVP to shut up the haters! Let’s go Warriors

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Oh yeah AVALANCHE WINS THE STANLEY CUP!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Fantastic F1 race today. Started with a spectacular wreck on the first lap & the drama kept up through the whole thing. Best race of the year so far.

https://twitter.com/24hrfromcroydon/...-1%3Fpage%3D14

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Getting into baseball. I'm a long suffering Mariners fan. They are finally playing like they were predicted to before the season. There was a brawl with the Angels a few weeks ago & the Ms have been a different team since then. Our pitching is outstanding & it looks like we have rookie of the year with Julio Rodriguez. He's only 21 & playing lights out. Has been rookie of the month the past 2 months & last week was named AL player of the week. People are comparing him to Ken Griffey Jr & it's not out of line. Our wunderkid pitcher Logan Gilbert is pitching Sunday & I'm going to the game. Should be fun!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    There was a brawl with the Angels a few weeks ago
    That was one hell of a brawl. Did you watch the Jomboy breakdown? I love his videos.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Hello America, Julio Rodriguez is here. Even though he finished second in the home run derby he put on a hell of a show. Now all of baseball knows about him. Hopefully Dusty Baker will put him in the game tonight.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    got a ticket for Saturday afternoon. on FS1 nationally. great pitching matchup: young (Logan Gilbert) vs old (Justin Verlander). hopefully the Mariners will be going for a new consecutive win record assuming they tie the record tonight. it's been 20 years since baseball has been this fun in Seattle.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Epic game (of the year) last night with the Mariners beating the NY Yankers 1-0 in 13 innings. It was pitching nirvana. I'm going to the game this afternoon. I'll be happy if the game is half as good as this one was. The Ms trade to get Luis Castillo is looking real good. Got in today on a Pearl Jam Ten Club promotion. Got a nice ticket on the main level & a cool Mariners/Pearl Jam shirt for $40. Cheaper than the rest of the main level.
    Last edited by chuckrh; 08-10-2022 at 10:19 AM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Epic game (of the year) last night with the Mariners beating the NY Yankers 1-0 in 13 innings. It was pitching nirvana. I'm going to the game this afternoon. I'll be happy if the game is half as good as this one was. The Ms trade to get Luis Castillo is looking real good. Got in today on a Pearl Jam Ten Club promotion. Got a nice ticket on the main level & a cool Mariners/Pearl Jam shirt for $40. Cheaper than the rest of the main level.
    How dare your Mariners beat my Yanks like that! Honestly I'm getting worried. They've been the best team in baseball most of the year and then right on schedule August rolls around and they're losing again. They've had a decent team since 2017 and yet haven't managed to put together a deep postseason run in all this time.

Enjoy the game today!

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burnmotherfucker! View Post
    How dare your Mariners beat my Yanks like that! Honestly I'm getting worried. They've been the best team in baseball most of the year and then right on schedule August rolls around and they're losing again. They've had a decent team since 2017 and yet haven't managed to put together a deep postseason run in all this time.

Enjoy the game today!
    Great game yesterday. Attendance was over 43,000 which is basically a sell out. Not bad on a weekday afternoon. Now a 9 game road trip through the lesser part of the AL West (Oakland, Anaheim & Texas). The Mariners just went through probably the most brutal part of their schedule & finished 6-7 with a bunch of guys injured. Now those guys are coming back & the schedule is far more favorable. Hopefully they'll be going on a good run starting tomorrow in Texas.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Great game yesterday. Attendance was over 43,000 which is basically a sell out. Not bad on a weekday afternoon. Now a 9 game road trip through the lesser part of the AL West (Oakland, Anaheim & Texas). The Mariners just went through probably the most brutal part of their schedule & finished 6-7 with a bunch of guys injured. Now those guys are coming back & the schedule is far more favorable. Hopefully they'll be going on a good run starting tomorrow in Texas.
    That was a good game, must have been great to see live. You guys killed us again haha. I thought Boone pulled nasty Nestor too early and the pen blew it. You guys have a formidable team though, so hats off.

Just do me a favor, Mariners, and put up that kinda fight against the Asstros!

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    First Take on ESPN will be must see TV tomorrow with Stephen A visiting Cowboys training camp. Guests include Michael Irvin, Jerry Jones & the fans who were crying after last year's playoff loss. Should be high comedy. Stephen is promising a spectacular entrance. Looking forward to it. Also tomorrow I'm going to the Mariners game despite 90+ forecast. It's cheap seat day & I scored a ticket in the rattle your jewelry section (air conditioning included) for the same money that a bleacher ticket would cost today. I think tomorrow's game is being broadcast on YouTube. We're playing Cleveland. The Mariners are in a pretty intense wild card race so every game matters. Been a long time since we've been able to say that in Seattle.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Pinch me I'm dreaming. My Mariners finally did something smart. It's been a real long time. Signed rookie star Julio Rodriguez to a deal that could be for 18 years & has a potential worth of $470 million. The deal is real complicated with lots of options on both sides. The structure mitigates risks for the team in case of injury or stupidity (Tatis) while giving Julio a secure future. The agent actually came up with the basic structure. The agent is definitely not Scott Borass! It looks like one of those rare deals where both sides win. I had a feeling about this kid the first time I saw him play in person. Have noticed that he's about the only player on the team out signing autographs for kids before every game. The Mariners initially signed Julio when he was 16 & made several promises to the family such as continuing Julio's education. The team kept those promises & it is paying off now. This kid (21) looks like he is going to be the face of baseball for a long time along with Ohtani.

https://www.mlb.com/news/julio-rodri...-with-mariners

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)