Page 72 of 94 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,160 of 2810

Thread: The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I'm glad the weather finally realized it wasn't mid-July and made a sudden tilt towards fall weather. I've missed autumn Sundays.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Go Seahawks!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    sunday night nfl game was pretty amazing. at least the 2nd half. aaron rogers, wow.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    sunday night nfl game was pretty amazing. at least the 2nd half. aaron rogers, wow.
    Damnit! I was looking forward to watching that game, but by 8:00 I was already struggling to keep my eyes open and decided to call it a night.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Fairly happy with how New England played yesterday. Defense played much better than last year and Brady looked like Brady. But holy shit Aaron Rodgers last night.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Arron Rodgers is hands down the best qb in the nfl.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rodgers and Brady are both the best in their own ways I think. Brady pre snap is so fucking deadly....

On a side note, Jon Gruden is a fucking idiot.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Anyone interested in fantasy hockey this year?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Luka Doncic is looking every bit as advertised so far in the preseason. The future is bright for Dallas basketball... definitely brighter than the other Dallas pro teams

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Since I'm a Chiefs fan I'm predisposed to hating the Raiders, but damned if it isn't difficult to not feel bad for their fans right now.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Since I'm a Chiefs fan I'm predisposed to hating the Raiders, but damned if it isn't difficult to not feel bad for their fans right now.
    I feel awful for their fans. One of the most passionate in the league. But jesus christ, if Gruden fucks up having three first round picks in 2019, the raiders are fucked

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    I feel awful for their fans. One of the most passionate in the league. But jesus christ, if Gruden fucks up having three first round picks in 2019, the raiders are fucked
    See, that's the thing about first round picks: You want them to get top talent. What good are they if you're trading away established talent to get them? The only argument is that, in the unlikely event that that red lump of used paper towels actually strikes gold, the incoming salaries will be far lower than those of the people that were traded away.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    See, that's the thing about first round picks: You want them to get top talent. What good are they if you're trading away established talent to get them? The only argument is that, in the unlikely event that that red lump of used paper towels actually strikes gold, the incoming salaries will be far lower than those of the people that were traded away.
    Agreed, they’re trading away young talent to... hopefully land young talent??? Before Carr broke his leg they were one of the hot up and coming teams and looked the part. Carr has regressed. Cooper has a bit too, but still has I think another year left on his rookie contract.

Maybe Davis is cheap and doesn’t wanna pay them, probably spends too much money on haircuts. But then again he gave Gruden $100 million to come back for some stupid reason.

Oh well, glad he’s not in the MNF booth anymore. Witten is pretty bad too, but not a nuisance like Gruden was.

if you’re a Raiders fan now would be a great time to jump ship. You have two good reasons with 1) dumping young talent and 2) moving to Vegas.
    Last edited by Krazy; 10-25-2018 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Witten

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Agreed, they’re trading away young talent to... hopefully land young talent??? Before Carr broke his leg they were one of the hot up and coming teams and looked the part. Carr has regressed. Cooper has a bit too, but still has I think another year left on his rookie contract.

Maybe Davis is cheap and doesn’t wanna pay them, probably spends too much money on haircuts. But then again he gave Gruden $100 million to come back for some stupid reason.

Oh well, glad he’s not in the MNF booth anymore. Witten is pretty bad too, but not a nuisance like Gruden was.

if you’re a Raiders fan now would be a great time to jump ship. You have two good reasons with 1) dumping young talent and 2) moving to Vegas.
    The fact that they're moving to Vegas in a couple years is probably part of the tanking too. By then, but Cooper and Macj will be a little bit older so if they draft young players now, they could, in theory, have more years left on them when they go to Vegas.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    The Browns truly are the gift that keeps on giving, it’s amazing how a bad franchise like this can keep the attention span of the fans of other NFL teams. (Jackson and Haley both just got shit-canned)

now THIS is a fanbase that I truly feel sorry for. They really seem to be die hards and incompetence rules over this franchise like a black cloud. Hopefully one day they can experience the joys of a winner. They’ve been atrocious for what seems like ever. They had that decent squad 30ish years ago with Kosar/Shcottenheimer(sp?), and were mostly butt before that going back to the Jim Brown/Otto Graham days.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Even as a Steelers fan, I have a certain amount of respect for Browns fans. You sincerely have to be dedicated to stick by an organization that is just such a complete shitshow from top to bottom. Though the only time at a football game when I felt my safety was at risk was in Cleveland... so mixed emotions about them. But I absolutely admire their dedication.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    ETS FF: This Shit is Bananas has whipped me like a rented mule.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    That is my friend Mark. Lol.

I played the absolute F U C K out of myself by selecting Bell with my first pick, thinking he would hold out for a week or two, and hanging on to him for WAY too long. This is BY FAR the worst I've ever done!

Though I am about to own @Rubeninphoenix , and he is currently in second place!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post

I played the absolute F U C K out of myself by selecting Bell with my first pick, thinking he would hold out for a week or two, and hanging on to him for WAY too long. This is BY FAR the worst I've ever done!

Though I am about to own @Rubeninphoenix , and he is currently in second place!
    The Austin InfoWarriors got screwed over by many players this week (and Melvin Gordon's bye)!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tell him to lube up next time.

At this point in the season, my minor goal is to get in front of @kidcharlemagne in the standings.

Oh and, Bahston Red Sawx! Booooooooooom!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubeninphoenix View Post
    The Austin InfoWarriors got screwed over by many players this week (and Melvin Gordon's bye)!

Funny story about Melvin Gordon. When Bo Pelini got fired, the university was not even going to give him an opportunity to meet and say goodbye to his players. An employee at a local high school let Bo and the team use the facilities there to meet... And then got charged a fee for it. So I started a GoFundMe to raise the money to cover the cost. Melvin Gordon donated $6.00, because GoFundMe wouldn't let him donate $6.24 in order to celebrate how many yards he racked up on Nebraska during Bo's years. Lmaooooo

624 yards. I couldn't add an extra $0.24. My thanks for brief record this year and '12 Championship game. Will miss you Bo!
    He briefly held the NCAA record for rushing yards in a game against Nebraska with 408 yards in only three quarters...

I originally thought that it was a troll, but GFM gives you access to the email addresses that folks used to donate, and sure enough, it was actually him. He is hilarious and I love him.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Funny story about Melvin Gordon. When Bo Pelini got fired, the university was not even going to give him an opportunity to meet and say goodbye to his players. An employee at a local high school let Bo and the team use the facilities there to meet... And then got charged a fee for it. So I started a GoFundMe to raise the money to cover the cost. Melvin Gordon donated $6.00, because GoFundMe wouldn't let him donate $6.24 in order to celebrate how many yards he racked up on Nebraska during Bo's years. Lmaooooo

He briefly held the NCAA record for rushing yards in a game against Nebraska with 408 yards in only three quarters...

I originally thought that it was a troll, but GFM gives you access to the email addresses that folks used to donate, and sure enough, it was actually him. He is hilarious and I love him.
    Hahaha that is an awesome story!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    should be in sports or dead souls Willie Muscovy the say hey kid dead @ 81 SF weeps
    -loS

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post

At this point in the season, my minor goal is to get in front of @kidcharlemagne in the standings.
    !
    In The Battle of The Cellar Dwellers, I beat @kidcharlemagne by .4 point. Rawr! Who’s hating Tom Brady now biotch?!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Austin InfoWarriors got back in the W column. Life is good.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Well the Mavs are bad. Time to Tank For Zion!!!!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Well the Mavs are bad. Time to Tank For Zion!!!!
    Suns are waaaaaaaaay ahead of you. Then again, we need a guard not a big.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Bruh, the Steelers.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubeninphoenix View Post
    Suns are waaaaaaaaay ahead of you. Then again, we need a guard not a big.

I'm just drooling over the idea of Luka throwing lobs to Zion.