Page 65 of 94 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,950 of 2809

Thread: The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    If you aren't a cowboys fan, you can't imagine how wonderful it is to have the best record in the NFL 8 games in.

The next few weeks are gonna be the real test, but i think we just might go to the superbowl this year.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    If you aren't a cowboys fan, you can't imagine how wonderful it is to have the best record in the NFL 8 games in.

The next few weeks are gonna be the real test, but i think we just might go to the superbowl this year.

http://deadspin.com/report-tony-romo...lay-1788756096

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    The Miami Dolphins have won 4 in a row. I am very, very happy. Now I just need for the Patriots to all break their legs.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Dallas now has, hands down, the best record in the NFL, and the season is more than halfway over.
    There is the whole "any given sunday" phenomenon, and we have no idea how this incarnation of the Cowboys will do under playoff level pressure, but it'd be pretty hard to do worse than romo, who is statistically one of the all time great QBs but seems to choke every time it counts.
    It appears that after Dak started in place of a healthy Romo yesterday, Dak is now the QB. And Romo has agreed to be the backup for Prescott.
    This is an exciting time to be a Cowboys fan. I don't see any reason why we can't make it to the superbowl.
    I was raised to root for the home team. People who live in Texas and don't root for the Cowboys or the Texans, i don't understand. People who are able to do that, i guess for them, it's great. But i have suffered through years and years of the mavericks being the laughingstock of the NBA until we brought it home, and i've been waiting 20 years for the Cowboys to make a serious run.
    Those of us who have suffered through the painful losses and heartbreaking seasons DESERVE a few winning Cowboys seasons, just like we deserved that NBA championship.
    I am so fucking happy with the cowboys this year. But i will tell you guys what-i wore my Cowboys hat and one of my cowboys shirts at LEAST once a week LAST year too, when we won 4 fucking games.

Edit: i should add the caveat that if you come from somewhere else, i DEFINITELY understand being a fan of the team of your place of origin.
    Last edited by elevenism; 11-14-2016 at 01:29 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I try not to talk about sports too much because I pay so little attention to them but I think this is my year for sports escapism. My NCAA team hasn't a chance in hell of winning the national championship but I don't care, they're playing the best ball I've seen out of them for almost a decade so I can only hope it continues for the rest of the season.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    My shitty fantasy team takes down first place!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    My shitty fantasy team takes down first place!
    yea my team shit the bed this week. good job.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    http://www.theplayerstribune.com/jj-watt-am-i-done/

This is a great piece by JJ Watt.

I hope to see him back at 100%.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    So did you guys watch the traditional thanksgiving Cowboys @ Redskins game?
    Did you notice how Dak and Zeke rammed it right up washington's ass?
    So how about them motherfucking 10 and 1, best record in the NFL, LONGEST WINNING STREAK IN FRANCHISE HISTORY, Cowboys?

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Amazing what can happen when they finally start letting go of an incredibly overpaid, remarkably average QB.

They are pretty fun to watch this year, though their fans have become even more insufferable, which makes it a little less fun.

If Ezekiel Elliott can keep his ass out of trouble, and get out of the investigation on him right now without facing any bans or punishment, it will be interesting to see how he can grow and progress. He is great. I hope it isn't a one off good year, because he makes the games exciting.

If Prescott continues to improve, he will be great, as well. Though he has one of, if not THE best O-Line protecting him right now. So that can shift and change rapidly from season to season.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    So did you guys watch the traditional thanksgiving Cowboys @ Redskins game?
    Did you notice how Dak and Zeke rammed it right up washington's ass?
    So how about them motherfucking 10 and 1, best record in the NFL, LONGEST WINNING STREAK IN FRANCHISE HISTORY, Cowboys?
    Good win, the first one over a team with a winning record since the Eagles in week eight. The upcoming schedule looks pretty favorable too. Not trying to rain on anyone's parade or anything, just being realistic. All that said, I'd much rather see Dallas have a good run than the Skins, Seahawks, most other teams in the NFC.

On another note, great game last night between KC and Denver. Can't believe the Chiefs were able to take it because there were so many times I thought it was over.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Good win, the first one over a team with a winning record since the Eagles in week eight. The upcoming schedule looks pretty favorable too.
    Are you suggesting conspiracy?

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    No. He's saying that the Cowboys haven't faced many teams who aren't terrible this year. Most of the teams they have faced have had losing records, so it is good to see how they stack up against teams that are not awful.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Yankees looking at bringing Aroldis Chapman back but rumor is he's looking for a 5 year, $100+ million deal. No way ANY reliever is worth that much, not even Mo (Mariano Rivera) at his absolute peak.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Penn State got absolutely robbed in the playoff selection. Ugh.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    The Nittany Lions haven't lost since my wife and I went to Happy Valley to see them play Minnesota. We are their unofficial good luck charm.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    You misspelled Western Michigan ;-)

Kidding, of course, since I seem to be all alone in thinking my alma mater belongs in the Playoffs (I don't care about "strength" of "schedule"...you have to beat who's in front of you and you can't MAKE Power 5 teams play you when they have nothing to gain and everything to lose, and if you go 13-0 you deserve a shot at the title). I do think that Penn State should have gotten in over Ohio State though. If you can't win your conference, you don't deserve a shot at the title. Penn State should be playing Alabama while Clemson and Washington duke it out.

But if this year didn't prove that we need an 8 team playoff, I don't know what it would take to convince the powers that be.

Also, congrats to my Broncos on the Cotton Bowl. Bring on Wisconsin and hopefully another year of PJ Fleck!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    At the end of the day, it really doesn't matter. Alabama will steamroll whoever is placed in their path. But still...

Strength of schedule has to be taken into account, though. An non-Power 5 conference school going undefeated is not in the same league as a Power 5 school going undefeated. Is that going to be fair all of the time? Perhaps not, but it is reality. This will hopefully motivate all teams among all divisions and conferences to schedule tougher out of conference play instead of opting for the "gimme" games for the larger schools.

While an 8 team playoff would be nice, that would add a lot of games for these kids who are already juggling so much with being students and the countless hours of practice that they must put in to remain on these teams. Also just the general wear and tear that it does on their bodies(and the size and level of play of who would make it into that is big).

Though it will be interesting to me to see how the playoff scenario morphs and changes the further we get into it. I'm glad that it is at least happening, no matter how small it may be at the moment.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    No. He's saying that the Cowboys haven't faced many teams who aren't terrible this year. Most of the teams they have faced have had losing records, so it is good to see how they stack up against teams that are not awful.
    The thing is, we are used to getting our ass handed to us by teams with LOSING records, and out of nowhere, the proverbial script has been flipped.

As far as the fans being annoying, i think it's a matter of having lived it.
    When i was 11, 12, 13-the Cows were the best team in the nfl.
    And then we had like 20 something years of mostly being awful, to the point where i stopped watching them because it was too sad.
    I dont remember where you are from originally,but i doubt your team has been worse than dallas.
    So after a couple of decades of assuming we would lose every fucking game, we are suddenly winning.
    It's quite thrilling. I apologize for the exuberance, but had you lived the experience that we have lived, i think you MIGHT understand.

furthermore, like 15 teams had losing records before last week, right?

edit: another thing that might be surprising is that it seems like most of the cowboys haters, at least from where i am sitting, are texans-friends and family.
    So it's nice to see them finally be baffled by a surging Pokes club.
    Last edited by elevenism; 12-04-2016 at 11:29 PM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Lane Kiffin hired by University of Houston... This fucking guy.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Lane Kiffin hired by University of Houston... This fucking guy.
    You would think that colleges have realized he's a great coordinator but not quite cut out to be a HC but no, they still want to hire him.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Sooooo apparently those reports this morning were false. He hasn't been offered the spot yet. But there is a meeting tonight to decide who will fill the vacancy.

I'd be interested to see how he does at a smaller school like this with less pressure. And to see how three years under the absolute best possible teacher have influenced(hopefully matured) him.

Lane Kiffin - College football's favorite troll.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Kansas City's starting to get my hopes up...

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    PLOT TWIST: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...plewhite-coach

Houston goes with Major Applewhite over Kiffin.

Kiffin's contract is up soon. Does Alabama resign him?

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    DYING at someone in our league having L. Bell on the goddamn bench!

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Well i hope that Dallas/NY matchup isn't a preview of the playoffs. :/

as in wildcard NY beats us in round 1, AGAIN, just like in 07.
    Last edited by elevenism; 12-11-2016 at 10:48 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Well i hope that Dallas/NY matchup isn't a preview of the playoffs. :/

as in wildcard NY beats us in round 1, AGAIN, just like in 07.
    And just like that, everyone's faith in Dak and the rest of the Cowboys has been shook.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I only watched the first half, so not sure what all happened.

But average Eli's ability to carry out upsets never ceases to amaze me.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Another plot twist in the Lane Kiffin saga... He accepts the FAU head coach position.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I only watched the first half, so not sure what all happened.

But average Eli's ability to carry out upsets never ceases to amaze me.
    If Eli bumblefucks his way to another Super Bowl I don't know how I'll cope.

Dak may have hit a bit of a rookie wall but I can't believe people are calling for Romo. Actually I guess I can, because Dallas.