Page 51 of 94 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 2810

Thread: The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    it's a rough fuckin year to be a cowboys fan.
    We were looking great, and then CRUNCH!
    The talk around here has been that "we'll still win the NFC East."
    But with the Giants surging the way they are, i don't even know about that anymore.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fifey View Post
    SPARTY! What a finish! My sister and brother-in-law were already giving me shit after MSU's last time out. (He went there, I went to Michigan State) They were at the game in the student section, having a great time until the football gods delivered that big helping of crow for them to eat.
    Wait, did you mean to say your bro-in-law went to U of M and you went to MSU?

I am usually a big Michigan fan (having worked in A2 for many years, I used to go to games at the Big House) but come on, the Spartans have been kicking ass for so long, you can't help rooting for them.
    Last edited by allegro; 10-17-2015 at 11:44 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Wait, did you mean to say your bro-in-law went to U of M and you went to MSU?

I am usually a big Michigan fan (having worked in A2 for many years, I used to go to games at the Big House) but come on, the Spartans have been kicking ass for so long, you can't help rooting for them.
    He went to UM, I went to State. Excitement ruined my English skills, I suppose.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Seeing as how my fantasy hopes are no longer there with my main rb out for the year, I'm giving jor flacco a shot over Peyton. Peyton has been really struggling this year.

Knowing my fantasy luck, watch Peyton throw 5 tds and go 509 yards.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fifey View Post
    He went to UM, I went to State. Excitement ruined my English skills, I suppose.
    Harbaugh was having a fucking heart attack. That's a funny way to end a game, snort.

Meanwhile, that sure was a COOOOOLD Cubbies Mets game, brrrrrrrr.
    Last edited by allegro; 10-18-2015 at 01:07 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    This Pats/Colts game is awesome. New old rivalry.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Can we talk about that special teams play?

In what universe would that be successful?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Haha, that was crazy!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Mets are 2-0 and im looking to be 1st place in fantasy with a 5-1 record. LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Good football day, for the most part. Seattle got wrecked at the very end, Dolphins blew out the Titans, Packers bring it home in a messy but effective way. Patriots won (seriously what the fuck was that ST play), but what else is new there? Yankee bastards.

Here's hoping we still have the Giants's number tomorrow. Big blue fuckers going down.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    That special teams play by the Colts was easily the worst play I've ever seen. It was worse than the buttfumble.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I don't even understand what the plan was? Shift everyone to distract, and then just dive for the yard? Trying to draw a penalty?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I think they were trying to get the Pats to jump offsides, but they weren't actually supposed to hike the ball lol.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    http://www.sbnation.com/2015/10/19/9...ld-have-worked

The most obvious and glaring error. The way this play is drawn up, Colt Anderson is supposed to get under center, check to see if the defense is rushing more than one person at the center and then call on the powers of Opochtli, the Aztec god of fishing, to give him the form of a 380,000 pound motorized whale. Wheel-Whale then takes the snap and bowls over the defense for a first down, terrifying the crowd and television audience and spurring Indianapolis to a win.
    Instead, Anderson gets the ball and tries to run through three Patriots as a normal human. Brave, maybe, but not sound from a playcalling perspective. Next time, he'll hopefully trust Opochtli to put him in a position to succeed -- and then execute.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Stop throwing picks, Bradford, you stupid mother fucker. The defense and, somehow, DeMarco Murray earned you that win. Clean up your god damn act.

The Giants are shit.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Aw, Toronto, I was rooting for you for the American League Pennant!!!! Bummer! :-(

But, now ... GO METS!!!!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    FUCKING ROYALS!!!!!Holy shit what an emotional roller coaster of a game. Davis with that unbelievable save!! My god, that was insane. Hopefully America will finally wake up and start giving us some credit. We're the best team in the MLB and no one seems to believe in us.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Anybody who knows the stats is not surprised that the Royals won. And the Royals won the American League Pennant last year. And they'll probably win the World Series.

But I can still root for the Mets.
    Last edited by allegro; 10-24-2015 at 11:14 AM.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Fuck the Mets.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I'm a Tigers fan but at least I'm not mean.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    Fuck the Mets.
    LOL what team you crying over ATM?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeDrug View Post
    LOL what team you crying over ATM?
    Nobody, but I hate how Mets fan comes out of their basement at the first sign of success like their asses haven't been spanked by Atlanta or Philadelphia for the past decade. This is one of the worst run franchises in American sports with awful contracts (Wright, I'm sure they're still paying Carlos Beltran) and have a chance of being the next Marlins by not being able to pay their guys at the end of the season (Murphy and Cespedes). I've always hated both New York Franchises, but at least the Yankees sort of give a shit and spend money and try to get the best player available. I can't say that about the Mets, the only positive is that they got a lot of homegrown farm system talent and good arms. Even with their best season in years, they still fuck up something as stupid as Matt Harvey's innings count. I fucking hate this team, they're the Clippers of the MLB and as soon as the Yankees or the Braves get back to prominence (probably next year), the Mets will go back to winning 70 games a season and nobody will care.

Rich is right about the Royals though. They went in this season with people saying they were going to win 10 less games and people handing the division over to the Tigers, and what do they do? They crush the season. Then before the playoffs even start, everyone is anointing the Cards and Blue Jays spots in the World Series. The Cards lost to an unprepared Cubs team and the Jays got exposed for having a terrible bullpen and guys that swing at every pitch, basically beating the Astros with more money who they actually beat in the ALDS. This team got no respect last year, very little this year, and they're easily the most complete team in the MLB. Consider that they they lost Billy "Country Breakfast" Butler, James Shields, Aoki, and Raul Ibanez and took chances on journeymen like Volquez, Morales, and Rios and become even better. Oh, and they've overcome Johnny Cueto, who they traded for just to have a #1 in their rotation, who has been average at best.
    Ned Yost is awesome, the core guys they have make up the best roster in the MLB, they don't swing at everything, they have a superb bullpen, and are never out of it, but all we hear about it is how good the Mets are or how unlucky the Jays were to lose. As a baseball fan, what the Royals are doing is incredible with the amount of money they spend and how they kept their core in tact while taking chances on guys nobody wanted and beat in my opinion, two of the strongest lineups in the majors by going about it the right way. They've essentially done it the Cardinals way better than the actual Cardinals.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    This article totally sums up everything right about this team. We want it, we know we deserved it, and now we're going to finally take it. It's stunning to think of just how much better of a team we are from where we were LAST year in the World Series.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/eri...s-city-royals/

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    so because NY had some horrible years in the past and probably can't keep their better players next year people who have been fans of them for the past 30 years can't enjoy some success?

get off your high horse. haters are a dime a dozen.

edit: and L-O-L to your "at least the yankees, blah blah" bullshit argument. that pretty much outs you right there. 95% of the yankee's fans i know are happy for the mets and I live in the Bronx.

edit2: and after looking at your fantasy outlook this week, id worry more about how I'll be beating you over there than the mets
    Last edited by TheyCallMeDrug; 10-24-2015 at 01:26 PM.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    You can enjoy your success, just don't act like you're automatically winning the World Series because you beat arguably the two weakest teams in the post season. My point was backing onto what Richard said of how the Royals have gotten no respect while every major media outlet is gushing over the Mets as if they were this dynasty.

As for the Yankee fans, I won't argue that there's a decent amount of people that are happy for the Mets, but they'll be the first to go back to the Pinstripes as soon as they get competitive and once the Mets get down to earth finishing third in the NL East like every other year.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    The Cardinals should have beaten both the Cubs and the Mets but they had injuries. And the Mets outpitched the Cubs, for sure.

Meanwhile, there were all these Sox fans here in Chicago saying "Fuck the Cubs" which I really don't get, either.

I'll stick with hockey. Keith played an entire game with a torn meniscus.
    Last edited by allegro; 10-24-2015 at 02:06 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    You can enjoy your success, just don't act like you're automatically winning the World Series because you beat arguably the two weakest teams in the post season. My point was backing onto what Richard said of how the Royals have gotten no respect while every major media outlet is gushing over the Mets as if they were this dynasty.

As for the Yankee fans, I won't argue that there's a decent amount of people that are happy for the Mets, but they'll be the first to go back to the Pinstripes as soon as they get competitive and once the Mets get down to earth finishing third in the NL East like every other year.
    I never said they were winning you said fuck the Mets and their fans outta nOwhere . Check the record.

was one of your ex's a Mets fan or somethin?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I'm not calling you out personally, if you're a Mets fan so be it, but I think the amount of love they've been getting, more so than the Royals who I think are easily the better team, is insane considering all the obstacles I just laid out that KC had to go through just to get back here, and they've done it in an incredible manner.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    My dad watches The Mets all the time so yeah, I gotta root for them.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    i will say the media has been over the top with it's mets coverage. so if you dont like the mets you're gonna hate em after watching the news a few times.