Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: LCD Soundsystem

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Wow, both @richardp and @cahernandez giving Electric Lady some high praise! Now I'm fucking pumped to give it a listen!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Just throwing this out there, but does anyone have a high quality (i.e. FLAC/WAV) version of the Big Ideas single?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Duuuudes! LCD just announced a residency in my area (Oakland/San Francisco), 8 dates total. How varied is a setlist in their residencies? I'm wondering on whether it'd be good to go to more than one date.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    Duuuudes! LCD just announced a residency in my area (Oakland/San Francisco), 8 dates total. How varied is a setlist in their residencies? I'm wondering on whether it'd be good to go to more than one date.
    Their Brooklyn run toward the end of last year was pretty varied: https://www.setlist.fm/search?query=...ystem+brooklyn

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Their Brooklyn run toward the end of last year was pretty varied: https://www.setlist.fm/search?query=...ystem+brooklyn
    With this being said, I'm going to try to go to two dates. Super pumped about this, and the shows are in small venues, so even better.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Hoping for new music soon!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I went to night 4 of their Bay Area residency, it was AMAZING. I was way up high in the balcony, second to last row and even there the sound was crystal clear, shout out to the Fox Theater acoustics and LCD’s sound engineer. Some of the highlights for me were ‘American Dream’, ‘Someone Great’, ‘Tonite’, ‘Home’, ‘Losing my Edge’, ‘Yr City is a Sucker’ but specially ‘How do you sleep?’, which was massive live. As it’s common knowledge they sound way much better live than on the albums, and sometimes I wish they would re-record their first three albums since they sound a bit flat, compared to their live sound. The place was packed and everyone was standing up and dancing. I’m going back for some more next Wednesday, night 7, in San Francisco. Here’s hoping I get ‘Call the Police’, ‘Oh Baby’, ‘Get Innocuous’, ‘Sound of Silver’ and specially ‘All I Want’.

Edit: the other thing I really enjoy about their live sound is that they add a lot of flair, little tweaks here and there to their songs, some small variations that add so much to the songs. The songs I heard yesterday sounded slightly different to their live albums (MSG, Electric Lady, and the other one) and I don't know, but stuff like this makes me a happy man. They also had a DJ set before their show and it was GREAT. I'm glad I showed up early.

James Murphy has so much energy, and he has a really nice voice, this is my third time seeing them and I think this is the first time I realize he actually has a great range. In general the band was enjoying themselves.
    Last edited by cahernandez; 08-20-2022 at 11:00 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Anyone else catch LCD at RE:SET Atlanta last month? They sounded amazing and for it being a mini festival I was surprised at how easy it was to roam around the place. I hope we get a new album and proper headlining tour as I would love to see them again