Page 141 of 141 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 139 140 141
Results 4,201 to 4,207 of 4207

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    471 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i also pretend that anything past the end of season 3 doesn't exist because wow those netflix seasons are awful
    That's the part I haven't seen yet... I'm still not sure if I should actually consider it "canon" when I get to it, just based on what everyone has said.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i also pretend that anything past the end of season 3 doesn't exist because wow those netflix seasons are awful
    So much this.

I thought season 4 was ok, but that's being REALLY generous, if I'm being honest. And it doesn't even hold a candle to the first three seasons. And honestly, the most heartbreaking thing to me is how different it was. It might as well have been a completely different show (like, no exaggeration).

I gave up two episodes into season 5. I just could not force myself through it.

The first three seasons, though? One of the best comedies ever made. It's the closest I've ever seen a show come to matching The Simpsons in their prime.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    So, I saw A Quiet Place 2 over the weekend and enjoyed it quite a bit. I don't think it was as good as the first one (and I wasn't really expecting it to be) but it was still a really solid, fun movie. Also, it was so great to be in a theater watching a movie like this again. There were a few times when the audience gasped or jumped and it was so much fun to be back in that environment again. I really missed watching big movies with a crowd like that.

I also finally got around to watching The Vanishing (the original Dutch film, not the remake) and holy CRAP, was that a good movie. I had heard so much about it over the years and it was always on my list but I finally sat down and watched it and I really enjoyed it. It also stuck with me, I've been thinking about it ever since. Super disturbing, really unique. If you haven't had the chance to see it I would definitely recommend checking it out but go in knowing as little as possible. Seriously. The less you know the better.

Finally, I checked out The Mosquito Coast yesterday and I am really digging it so far. I'm two episodes in and there are only seven, so I am trying not to burn through it too quickly but it's really hard. It's not anything amazing but it is just a really solid, fun show.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Sweet Tooth was wonderful. Now for the long wait for season 2...

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    On the last episode of Invincible. I know how it ends, the memes are everywhere, but it oddly doesn't matter because the "how you get there" is pretty compelling. Just about the only thing I would critique is the oft-repeated "I get it" that I seem to only hear in media. I don't really hear anyone else use that phrase other than in movies and television. It annoys me every time because that phrase is used most frequently to preface a bit of exposition or explanation of internal motivations that you can't show on a screen.

Otherwise it's been great. The cast is amazing - Jason Mantzoukas is the secret best casting - and it's up and down the line great. I can't speak to the differences because I haven't read the book yet but after a few interviews I heard with Robert Kirkman I know about them. Eight episodes vs. several books and you have to cut / shrink things.

"the pitfall is that it makes these opening episodes a little weaker; there are so many characters happening here, so many story threads to put in place, that it's hard to know what to invest in as a viewer."
    I don't know what this means. You invest in the show and the stories it gives you when you watch it....soooo...what? Critics are the worst.
    Last edited by allegate; 06-07-2021 at 11:43 AM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Sweet Tooth was wonderful. Now for the long wait for season 2...
    read the comic! You will not be disappointed and it's only like 60 issues total I think.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Clarkson's Farm. I know Jeremy Clarkson is a dickhead, but this show is great.