Page 2 of 154 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I was going to make a thread on it, but decided not to. Blade Runner. It's my favorite film ever and the soundtrack has to be one of my favorites too. I highly recommend to those who are new to sci-fi or love the genre altogether. I'm getting the 5-disc blu-ray edition for Christmas. Color me EXCITED.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3:15 View Post
    Black Mirror was seriously messed up. Brilliant stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    Internet feed went down for ten minutes at the start, spent the rest of the show going "No, they didn't REALLY ask that did they?"
    Could've done a better ending though. Looking forward to next week.
    Loved it! Including the ending and just how serious everyone was about the ridiculous plot. Looking forward to Sunday's episode.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Because I'm ill, I spent the day on the couch, which resulted in a mini-movie-marathon. Saw Monsters vs. Aliens which I absolutely adored even though it had some flat bits (but OH MY GOD Insectosaurus!), Black Swan (didn't live up to even the promise of its trailer, sadly), Super 8 (let down only by a week ending - everything else felt like Goones crossed with eerie Fringe) and The Black Daliah (definitely not good). So two good flicks, and two only-slightly-upwards of mediocre movies. Good score.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    I was going to make a thread on it, but decided not to. Blade Runner. It's my favorite film ever and the soundtrack has to be one of my favorites too. I highly recommend to those who are new to sci-fi or love the genre altogether. I'm getting the 5-disc blu-ray edition for Christmas. Color me EXCITED.
    I think there was a thread on it before, but mostly it was a lot of fapping.

It's one of my personal favorites too.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Saw Shame last night and did not like it. Boring, directionless, and overly grim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. Only the first three parts are on netflix streaming and I can not wait for the dvds to come in.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluegirl View Post
    Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. Only the first three parts are on netflix streaming and I can not wait for the dvds to come in.
    I love this show! It only gets better and better from there.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Spaced on netflix instant watch! <3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    watched 'Hunger' last night. hoping to see 'Shame' today.

Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    Saw Shame last night and did not like it. Boring, directionless, and overly grim.
    haha. DO NOT WATCH 'HUNGER' THEN! it's all of the above except there's no sex. feces, lots of feces though...
    Last edited by konstantin; 12-09-2011 at 11:36 AM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    I enjoyed McQueen's Hunger quite a bit.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I saw Hunger last night in anticipation of Shame. Fuck me!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    Super 8 is such an awesomely fun movie. And it has its parts where it's just straight up funny.

"Wake up!! Wake up!!" "He's too stoned!" "DRUGS ARE SO BAD!"
    God, yes, that was so funny. I just loved how those kids were real kids, talking right through eachother and messing up words. It reminded me most of all of The Goonies, really, it had that same energy and kindness to it.

I just watched Kung Fu Panda II (and the whole 'you were adopted' thing keeps cracking me up), and Easy A. It's not the new Clueless, but I did love it and I kept thinking throughout How can I use this in class? The only thing that bothered me is that most black & whites were evened out or nuanced (for every bad guy there was a good one, for every stupid adult there was one who genuinely cared) but the religious people were all nutcases. But it raises some very interesting points about being young, about image and about how different sexuality is still percieved for boys and girls. PLUS those parents were a treat. So I might subject my fifth years to it when we kick off 'love and sexuality' as a theme around March.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I don't watch as much TV as I used to, but I do keep up with these shows...

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
    American Horror Story
    Fringe

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Shame was so good. not exactly 'likable' or 'enjoyable', just really really good. and felt extremely personal.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

This DVD is a MUST-HAVE for all fellow Zeppelin fanatics.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    watching Rocky on Netflix.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    American Horror Story. Me like.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    We Need to Talk About Kevin

I don't know what to say. Whatever film Lynne Ramsay does next, I just hope I don't wait another nine years for the project to happen.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Currently watching "Sting 25 Years" free iPad app on my HDTV bigscreen streaming via my iPad through my Apple TV.

Awesome.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    We Need to Talk About Kevin

I don't know what to say. Whatever film Lynne Ramsay does next, I just hope I don't wait another nine years for the project to happen.
    How great was this?! I haven't been that engaged in a movie for a long long time. The performances were incredible as was all the ambiguity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    True romance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sentient02970 View Post
    Just watched Elite Squad on Netflix DVD. Brutal but realistic film. Outstanding action direction/editing.
    Make sure you watch the second one as well: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1555149/ Equally gripping.

As soon as I'm finished with my fifth The Wire run, I'll catch up on some good flicks from this year, such as Tree of Life and Moneyball. Also, I've been wanting to get into Twillight Zone the series.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Felt like popping in "Scrooged", that one never gets old. Reminded me that I really gotta go out and get "Groundhog Day".

Also started both "Arrested Development" and "Batman: The Animated Series" again.

Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    Make sure you watch the second one as well: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1555149/ Equally gripping.

As soon as I'm finished with my fifth The Wire run, I'll catch up on some good flicks from this year, such as Tree of Life and Moneyball. Also, I've been wanting to get into Twillight Zone the series.
    "The Wire" is another one I'll be getting around to soon.

Grove street, home. At least it was 'til i fucked everything up.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Angels In America. Because i just couldn't let Weeds die. First episode.

Also speaking of The Wire, i'm ploughing my way through Season 2, i honestly think it may be the best TV series i've ever seen.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post

There was a sequel?? Wow, thanks for mentioning it, I will definitely check it out.

I've only done season 1 of The Wire and loved it. I just hadn't had the time to do any others. I might go after season 2 this week. I have been watching the early Twilight Zone and have been very entertained. There are a TON of episodes.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Man, that last episode of Boardwalk Empire was fucked up. Man, I hate Gillian. She's disgusting.
    Just watched the last two episodes and yes - holy crap.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I started watching Lost a little while ago, stopped because I started Six Feet Under, but now I'm about to finish season one. Yeah, yeah I know I'm a few years behind.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lady weetly View Post
    I started watching Lost a little while ago, stopped because I started Six Feet Under, but now I'm about to finish season one. Yeah, yeah I know I'm a few years behind.
    Enjoy it! What a wonderfully fun, although frustrating at times, ride that show was.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I just saw the Swedish version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo in anticipation for David Fincher's film version. It's pretty awesome.