Page 152 of 155 FirstFirst ... 52 102 142 150 151 152 153 154 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,560 of 4626

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I watched The Birdcage for the first time and noticed something.

The Birdcage and White Lotus season 1 both have a gay main character with a moustache and loud clothes named Armand.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    We've been catching up on this first season of the new Night Court. It's funny.

Better than That 90's Show by a far margin.

I'm not quite used to the characters yet but having Dan around helps a lot. It has the vibe of the original (a couple of years ago we re-watched all of it) but seeing everything relatively clean (or maybe better lit) is a bit weird...

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    If you're in the mood for something easy and entertaining, check out this dark comedy.

Amber, the manager of a restaurant chain in Bakersfield, California, wins an all-expenses trip to the franchise's educational immersion program in Pisa, Italy, as well as the chance to meet the chain's wealthy and charismatic owner, Nick. However, she finds a different adventure than the one she imagined.

watched this last weekend and it is not quite what the trailer says it is. There were quite a few places where it got a lot more real than I thought it would for how funny/absurd the trailer made it seem. I didn't particularly understand why the boss was so interested in her when at the same time he kept saying "wow she looks just like my dead sister!" That was creepy and not resolved at all. Especially how it ended. I kind of liked the ending, it was just absurdist enough, but it also seemed like it went on just a tad long for what it was doing.

Overall there were some good parts but it was just a little too "White Lotus without the writing" for us.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Started re-watching "No Reservations" Bourdain series from the beginning last night (I have the DVD collections).

Tony needed therapy and non-judgemental/wanting hugs.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Perry Mason season 2.

God, I love noir.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Just finished watching "The Unbearable Weight Of Massive Talent" ... yeah, i dug that. I enjoyed the ride. Contemplating picking it up on blu-ray.......

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Trying to catch up with awards season movies I missed. Going to try & find time for Triangle of Sadness, Women Talking, All Quiet On The Western Front, Causeway, Emily The Criminal & Turning Red. Should I give Del Toro's Pinnochio a try?

Tar was excellent. Cate Blanchett just....dominates that role. I get the Hollywood politics behind Yeoh getting Best Actress, but Blanchett easily gave a superior performance and deserved it infinitely more. That Julliard scene...wow.

I also didn't realize Todd Field hasn't done a movie since 2006! Because of that, I'm going to fire up Little Children again as well as finally watch In The Bedroom.

Oh, and I saw Creed III as well haha. However implausible the plot was (it's fine, practically all the Rocky movies are insanely unrealistic), I still enjoyed it. Hilarious that we're supposed to believe the hispanic dude, nevermind Michael B Jordan, are heavyweights.
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 03-30-2023 at 02:41 AM.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post

Trying to catch up with awards season movies I missed. Going to try & find time for Triangle of Sadness, Women Talking, All Quiet On The Western Front, Causeway, Emily The Criminal & Turning Red. Should I give Del Toro's Pinnochio a try?

Tar was excellent. Cate Blanchett just....dominates that role. I get the Hollywood politics behind Yeoh getting Best Actress, but Blanchett easily gave a superior performance and deserved it infinitely more. That Julliard scene...wow.

I also didn't realize Todd Field hasn't done a movie since 2006! Because of that, I'm going to fire up Little Children again as well as finally watch In The Bedroom.

Oh, and I saw Creed III as well haha. However implausible the plot was (it's fine, practically all the Rocky movies are insanely unrealistic), I still enjoyed it. Hilarious that we're supposed to believe the hispanic dude, nevermind Michael B Jordan, are heavyweights.
    Emily the Criminal was very good

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Just finished re-watching the Damon Bourne movies...

Yeah, Identity gets things movies but also feels like a "small" movie in comparison to the others.
    Supremacy is my favourite, in no small part due to that scene of Bourne watching Landy and Parsons in the scope... "Shouldn't be too hard, she's right next to you." gets me every time.
    The end of Ultimatum got to me emotionally this time... with Nikki giving the smirk of hope and authorities not being able to recover Bourne's body in the river after three days. The chance that he had to "be free", as it were. Sure, the shakeycam during the action scenes were a bit much but I can see the argument of for using them to capture the essence of what's going on without focussing on the chase or fight. It's [the action] happening really, really fast and this is "how it feels" sort of thing.
    Jason Bourne is... well, it doesn't really feel the same as the others, it's a much bigger overarching plot rather than being a Bourn story, if you know what I mean. Since it has to draw him back in, it has to draw us back in as well... I'm not sure it does that but... BUT... I still like the way it ended.

We don't particularly need an "old man Bourne" movie.
    I didn't like the Renner one because, mainly of Renner... but I'd be open to other, say, Treadstone or Black Brair (or other of the Black Ops listed in during Jason Bourne) inspired movies...

Overall, if I were really being fussy, I'd say you only really need to watch the initial trilogy. The fourth, while adding to the story, doesn't really need to be watched to get more satisfaction out of it. However... if you needed another fix of Damon being Bourne it is not a bad movie.

Now I'll do the Craig Bond movies (I've never seen the last two but I have them now and I'll enjoy the binge over the upcoming week).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Looking For Mr. Goodbar.

It's free on youtube.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Started watching The Power on Amazon.

It's really hard to watch, especially since my wife read the book and was excited for the series and is telling me every single part they've changed for the show.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    ...and just got through the Craig Bond movies.

I think the last two were the best but they also work better if you've watched the previous three. Yeah, the last two movies were also long movies but they really didn't feel that way to me.

Hinx (Bautista's character) was, unfortunately, the only "Big Bag Henchman". All the others seemed relatively weaksauce in comparison.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Started watching The Power on Amazon.

It's really hard to watch, especially since my wife read the book and was excited for the series and is telling me every single part they've changed for the show.
    This is the first show I've watched where it feels like an actual agenda getting pushed. I fully support the agenda but holy shit it's wearing it not just on its sleeve but on a giant blinking sign that's the size of Mt Rushmore.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Just finished up the Netflix live action Cowboy Bebop. I still like quite a bit.
    I really like the casting of the secondary characters to match the anime versions.
    I wish they would make more... a downer but a very good ending.

"SPIKE SPIEGEL!" - Ed voice

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Did a mini-Guy Ritchie fest with Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Snatch, Rocknrolla and The Gentlemen... and while The Gentlemen is decent movie (some great performances, okay story, but also self-indulgent filmmaking I thought), it doesn't really fit with the other three... I'll be keeping the other three I have on blu-ray but The Gentlemen goes out the door.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Perry Mason season 2.

God, I love noir.
    How did this turn out? We haven't started the second season yet.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    How did this turn out? We haven't started the second season yet.
    I loved it. It was not as full of twists and turns as the first season but it still kept me engaged. Perry is a complex character in this adaptation and watching Matthew Rhys play him is an absolute delight.. Mason has a very black and white idea about justice and this season, justice is a very gray notion.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    We've been watching Mrs. Maisel and the writing on the show continues to shine, though not quite as brightly as in the past. I don't know why we're getting time jumps in the episodes for example. The characters I like are the ones in the show, not the kids all grown up.

And it was driving me crazy trying to place Abe's boss at the paper. He looks so homely and familiar that I was sure I had seen him in something before, so off to IMDB! I was not prepared to find out that the only thing I've seen him in was Malcolm in the Middle.
    Last edited by allegate; 05-08-2023 at 01:39 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I'm all in on this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I just watched Evil Dead Rise tonight and while it's not my favorite in the series it's still a great watch in my opinion. While it did have some callbacks to the previous films (they managed to do a version of the tree scene even without being in the woods) it did a lot of stuff that felt fresh for the franchise.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Triangle of Sadness > The Menu

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Youtube. I can't stop fucking watching youtube. It's like, an addiction. I have a backlog of about 100 movies and shows, but I can't turn off Youtube.

Y'all know how big I'm into all things TWD? Well, I'm not watching the FINAL SEASON of Fear as it comes out, because we haven't seen the back half of season 7, because...youtube.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Youtube. I can't stop fucking watching youtube. It's like, an addiction. I have a backlog of about 100 movies and shows, but I can't turn off Youtube.

Y'all know how big I'm into all things TWD? Well, I'm not watching the FINAL SEASON of Fear as it comes out, because we haven't seen the back half of season 7, because...youtube.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    i watched “the next door prize” on apple tv and really loved it. the first episode, i was thinking it was going to be predictable but then something unexpected happened and i was hooked. It’s a good commentary on what we believe about ourselves. Great writing. great cast.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Watched Fast X this morning. The usual good stupid fun.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    nothing will top "Kim Kardashian's head fell off" from this season. I doubled over in laughter from that one. Came outta left field.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Had a double feature today for the first time in a long time. Saw Elemental (booo) and I saw this. This movie is absolutely fantastic. I was profoundly moved by it. I cried multiple times. Imho it is the best movie of the year so far, by far. Highly recommended.