Page 148 of 155 FirstFirst ... 48 98 138 146 147 148 149 150 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,440 of 4626

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    @burnmotherfucker! alright, I'll get it.

The crazy thing about Dogville is that there isn't hardly any scenery. The houses and such in the eponymous town are just chalk drawings on the floor, with big, written labels denoting what they're supposed to be.

The fact that you forget about that aspect fairly rapidly, and become engaged in the story: that's just a weird ass triumph in and of itself. And it's a pretty damn good story, with a damn fine cast.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Just finished the last season of Shameless, and cannot say I am thrilled. Spoiler: Apparently they were planning on having Fiona in the finale, but covid messed that up and we got this instead. Seems like they didn't know how to end things, with acting as if none of them would care if Frank died which didn't sit well with me, nor made much sense. The callback to Patsy's where Frank looking for Fiona, the scene from the pilot, and him calling the nurse Fiona, that was kind of a tear jerker. An incredibly disappointing ending from one of my favorite shows.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Just finished the last season of Shameless, and cannot say I am thrilled. Spoiler: Apparently they were planning on having Fiona in the finale, but covid messed that up and we got this instead. Seems like they didn't know how to end things, with acting as if none of them would care if Frank died which didn't sit well with me, nor made much sense. The callback to Patsy's where Frank looking for Fiona, the scene from the pilot, and him calling the nurse Fiona, that was kind of a tear jerker. An incredibly disappointing ending from one of my favorite shows.
    Damn, that is disappointing. I got off the train a few seasons ago but it was a good show. I hate it when a good show is ruined by behind the scenes stuff like cast members or writers leaving.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Shameless was incredibly entertaining when all of the family was around (Emily Rossum). She should've won more Emmy's (no pun intended).

https://deadline.com/2021/10/shamele...um-1234855751/

They said it was originally due to Covid, but obviously there was some other stuff going on.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Shameless was incredibly entertaining when all of the family was around (Emily Rossum). She should've won more Emmy's (no pun intended).

https://deadline.com/2021/10/shamele...um-1234855751/

They said it was originally due to Covid, but obviously there was some other stuff going on.
    Yeaa, I read a few articles last night and it seems she was turning into greed mode with wanting the same pay as William H. Macy.

There were glimpses of what the show used to be, but the characters turned into nothing but a social commentary machine, and were written into the ground. Ian and Mickey were the only real enjoyable characters (and my favorites) but to see a show I adored turn into what it has, it was pretty sad.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Finally got around to watching The Spine of Night, and ZOMG. This thing wears its influences boldly, proudly and insanely blatantly, on its sleeve.

Those influences are the late seventies/early eighties, adult oriented US animated features like Fire and Ice, Heavy Metal, American Pop, Wizards, Lord of the Rings: i loved watching and rewatching stuff like that when i was twelve or thirteen, smoking dirt weed and sneaking cigarettes.

Not only does The Spine of Night do justice to those old movies, i'd argue that it's kind of BETTER. I know that may sound like heresy, if you're into that old stuff. But remember: i am, too.

Oh. Also, it's NOT a horror movie (unless Heavy Metal is, too).
    It's a "we're uninformed critics and don't know what box to put this in" movie.

It's rotoscoped dark fantasy.

I NEVER smoke weed, but i had to have a couple of tiny, tiny hits for THIS thing. Getcha' pull and give this thing a shot. It's WAY better than i thought it'd be, and i hope to GOD we get more like this.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Finally after 66 years, Ilya Muromets in its complete form. 100,000 extras, dragons, crazy Tugars... when I was younger, this film didn't seem real to me. It feels great to own a non-bootleg version.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Watched "Everything Everywhere All at Once" and it was amazing. If you get a chance to see this in the theater you should definitely take it, you (probably) won't regret it.

It's a film from the same people who brought you "Swiss Army Man" so expect some absurdity. I mean, there's no way you can see this film and not say WTAF at least five times.

Raccacoonie alone is worth the price of admission.
    Last edited by allegate; 05-16-2022 at 01:46 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Watched Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers last night, holy shit what a great movie! Full of nostalgia and super smart, probably the best Disney movie I've seen in a long time.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Watched M Night Shyamalans “Old” and enjoyed it.

Also watched the new A24 film Men by Alex Garland (Annihilation, Ex Machina) and enjoyed it….kinda. There were a lot of closeups Of vaginal births over and over and over…which, while a part of nature, I was not expecting to see in the film.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    I just saw Fallen Angels. It's really good. Wtf, why has nobody told me about this film before now. What am I doing with my life.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

I am halfway through this and really digging it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    New series of The Kids in the Hall was everything I wanted it to be.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Saw Top Gun and absolutely loved it.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    The Old Man is hella good. Jeff Bridges shines here and brings the grit.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I am watching the series Farscape again now that i have it all on blu-ray, just another arn to go before i finish season 1. This show is frelling fahrbot but so frelling drad!
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 06-19-2022 at 11:17 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Saw Top Gun and absolutely loved it.
    This. Its a fantastic movie and movie theater experience. Can't wait to get it in UHD and watch it again at home.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    re-watched "Four Rooms" again...... makes me laugh every damned time. Spoiler: The 4th segment is my least favourite. (yeah I know it's from 1995 but a lot of people haven't watched it)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    "Pistol" on Hulu.

I'm really loving this. IMMENSELY. I was a HUGE Sex Pistols fan when they released their album (I was in high school, walked around with a safety pin in my ear, LOL); one of my best girlfriends was totally in that scene back in the day, knew every punk icon, etc.

My friend was good friends with Julie Thunders (Johnny's ex); Julie was good friends with Chrissie; so my friend would sometimes see Chrissie. So I'm emailing my friend during this series, "OH MY GOD, CHRISSIE HYNDE FUCKED PRETTY MUCH ALL OF THE SEX PISTOLS!!!!" lol lol lol

There are some minor details that I think they got wrong that don't really matter unless you're nitpicking, but otherwise this is totally fucking awesome.

Last edited by allegro; 06-24-2022 at 12:56 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    "Pistol" on Hulu.

I'm really loving this. IMMENSELY. I was a HUGE Sex Pistols fan when they released their album (I was in high school, walked around with a safety pin in my ear, LOL); one of my best girlfriends was totally in that scene back in the day, knew every punk icon, etc.

My friend was good friends with Julie Thunders (Johnny's ex); Julie was good friends with Chrissie; so my friend would sometimes see Chrissie. So I'm emailing my friend during this series, "OH MY GOD, CHRISSIE HYNDE FUCKED PRETTY MUCH ALL OF THE SEX PISTOLS!!!!" lol lol lol

There are some minor details that I think they got wrong that don't really matter unless you're nitpicking, but otherwise this is totally fucking awesome.

I thought it was really good too!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    “The Bear” on Hulu. Because, Chicago stuff. And it’s just awesome.

Last edited by allegro; 07-06-2022 at 12:25 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    The Old Man is hella good. Jeff Bridges shines here and brings the grit.
    I was kind of afraid to watch this since I love Jeff Bridges (who doesn't) but wasn't sure if he still had it. I was wrong, the Dude still abides. And John Lithgow never disappoints.

This plus The Bear and Under the Banner of Heaven, Hulu is seriously giving HBO a run for its money in terms of quality shows.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Just finished watching “Buffaloed” … well that was alight. Some great performances in it.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    If anyone here likes stop motion animation, you have to see Mad God. One of the most interesting films I've seen in years.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Westworld - last half of season 3, and season 4’s premiere. Still not entirely sure why this show was more than the one season. It’s okay for things to have endings.

Barry, on the other hand, is an absolute banger of a show two episodes in. Hoping it holds up, I hear good things.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    Barry, on the other hand, is an absolute banger of a show two episodes in. Hoping it holds up, I hear good things.
    It absolutely holds up. I just started the show a couple weeks ago and have completely caught up and I think the latest season is the best of the three so far. Fantastic show, can't wait for season 4.

Speaking of HBO, I just started watching Irma Vep. It took until about midway through episode 2 for it to click but I am definitely enjoying it now. It's not amazing or anything but it's a solid show.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    The Bear, got me. Because of course. Moon Knight was decent.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post

I am halfway through this and really digging it.
    This was shot and based in my hometown, Monterrey. I've hiked all the mountains you see in the film. It was a well done movie.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Watched Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers last night, holy shit what a great movie! Full of nostalgia and super smart, probably the best Disney movie I've seen in a long time.
    finally got a chance to watch this. It really is good in a way I didn't expect. Like, how did Disney manage all of the cameos? like the scene where all of the Seth Rogen-voiced characters were on screen at one time?

my only note is that Lonely Island should have been the end credits instead of Post Malone.