Page 84 of 154 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 134 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,520 of 4618

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    but after the season finale (which was seriously great) I probably will end up continuing whenever it comes back.
    I was a wee bit disappointed in the final scene. Iceland is beautiful though.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    how i never realized claudia black was in it before, i don't know.
    I must have missed that too, i only know her from Pitch Black, Farscape, Stargate SG-1 and some of the Uncharted games. <3 her though.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    I must have missed that too, i only know her from Pitch Black, Farscape, Stargate SG-1 and some of the Uncharted games. <3 her though.
    she has a relatively small part and not very many lines. she's one of the "good" vampires in league with Maharet & Marius. she looks very indian because of her outfit/makeup which is probably why i never realized it was her.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    BBC Horizon document "Are health tests really a good idea", interesting (shortly: not).
    http://docuwiki.net/index.php?title=...ly_a_Good_Idea

Next I will watch "OCD: A monster in my mind".
    http://docuwiki.net/index.php?title=...ter_in_my_Mind

Big "thank you" to mvgroup for providing me with such otherwise not available documents. :-) Psst.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Just watched 'Turbo Kid' a film best described as a cross between BMX Bandits and Mad Max and has more gore in it than The Evil Dead!

Crazy retro fun, i had a blast watching it!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaps View Post
    Just watched 'Turbo Kid' a film best described as a cross between BMX Bandits and Mad Max and has more gore in it than The Evil Dead!

Crazy retro fun, i had a blast watching it!
    i spotted that when i was browsing through something recently and thought it sounded great. now i know!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Inside No. 9.

WATCH IT RIGHT NOW. I just devoured the first series and I loved it all.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Just finished Narcos. Great show, the wait for season 2 is gonna be rough.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Oh man, I have watched so much stuff lately.

I watched "The Overnight" last night. I had heard so many good things about it but I thought it was pretty meh.

I watched the first season of "Mr. Robot" and really didn't care for it very much. I don't think I'll be watching season 2.

I had also heard great things about "Catastrophe" and I ended up burning through the whole thing in one weekend. It kept my interest the whole way for the most part but I also didn't think it was all that great. It had a lot of promise- the first episode is seriously fantastic and made me laugh out loud at least a half dozen times, and laughing really hard at that. But the rest of the season just didn't hold up to that first episode.

The best thing I've watched in the last month of watching so much stuff was the second season of "Silicon Valley." I would have never guessed when I started watching it that it would end up being one of my favorite shows ever but it absolutely is. Seriously, one of the absolute best shows on TV right now. It didn't surprise me that it was funny (and it is REALLY funny) but what did surprise me was how emotionally invested I am and how seriously great the story ended up being. There were times when I was yelling at my TV and it is very rare that a show does that to me. The last episode of season 2 was way more suspenseful than a show like this has any right to be and I was right there with my heart in my throat the entire second half of it. I still can't believe how good it is but it really is just wonderful. Highly recommended.

I just started "Rick and Morty" and "Enlightened," both of which I had heard good things about (thank you for the recommendation on the former, @Jinsai !)

I'm also about halfway through the first season of "The Americans" and I am really digging it.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Limitless S01E01 Pilot

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4422836/
    http://new.rottentomatoes.com/tv/limitless/

Promising, enjoyed that.

Update: Actually, it was so good that I think it will deserve its own thread here, soon. :-)
    Last edited by Substance242; 09-20-2015 at 12:51 PM. Reason: because I choose to

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    In honor of Bill Murray's 65th b-day:

If you don't think this is one of the best films ever made, then fuck you.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Speaking of "fuck you" I watched Glengarry Glen Ross yesterday. I've seen it several times and it's a favorite of mine, but I noticed something that's now quite obvious that slipped me by all this time.

Spoiler: Specifically a gay/romantic context to Ricky Roma and James Lingk, specifically that Roma is preying on this closeted guy to get a sale out of him

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    my wife and i are 7 episodes into season one of Orphan Black and it's INCREDIBLE.

i don't remember the last time i watched a show that was this intense, this fun, this funny, and this intriguing all at the same time. i can't wait to see what keeps happening.

also, Felix <3

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    my wife and i are 7 episodes into season one of Orphan Black and it's INCREDIBLE.

i don't remember the last time i watched a show that was this intense, this fun, this funny, and this intriguing all at the same time. i can't wait to see what keeps happening.

also, Felix <3
    Welcome to the Clone Club! ^_^

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Welcome to the Clone Club! ^_^
    (minor spoiler below for those who haven't watched any yet)

WE DON'T USE THE C WORD!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    archer

daaaaaanger zoooooooone

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Season 2 premiere of Fargo. Yeah this is going to be an awesome season!

Ok then!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Dark Matter (it's on Netflix)

take Firefly, remove the cowboys from the sci-fi/space aspect, remove joss whedon, and make everyone super hot. it's a ton of fun, and i love all the characters, especially 5 & 6.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    The Abominable Dr. Phibes.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    The Grandmother by David Lynch from my DVD copy of Eraserhead.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Just realized there's a season two of fargo... Had zero idea about it or when it started. Just watched it. And of course, it was great.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Dr. Phibes Rises Again- oh god, so bad. This isn't creepy at all; just pure camp. Also, lol at Terry Thomas playing two different characters in both movies.

edit: the proposed sequels were fucking insane.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Crimson Peak is such a beautiful film.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    watched Waxwork last night with two friends who had never seen it. my wife and i have each seen it three times, now. it's so much fun.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    "I'll Have What Phil's Having" on PBS. We've been recording all episodes, ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL, highly recommended.

So far: Tokyo, Italy, Paris, Hong Kong

TOKYO
    Last edited by allegro; 10-21-2015 at 09:46 PM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    wes craven's new nightmare.

i love the shit on basic cable this time of year. i don't love being wide awake at 7:00 a.m. on my day off, though.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0f3d View Post
    wes craven's new nightmare.

i love the shit on basic cable this time of year. i don't love being wide awake at 7:00 a.m. on my day off, though.
    can't wait to watch that again. my wife and i are making our way through the series since she had never seen any before we met, and i had only seen 1, 3, & new nightmare (all when i was very young so i barely remember(ed) them). we're hopefully watching 4 tonight.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    can't wait to watch that again. my wife and i are making our way through the series since she had never seen any before we met, and i had only seen 1, 3, & new nightmare (all when i was very young so i barely remember(ed) them). we're hopefully watching 4 tonight.
    you've seen the best ones. four holds a special place in my heart, though. two of the greatest, and silliest, death scenes (no spoilers!) ever. enjoy

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0f3d View Post
    you've seen the best ones. four holds a special place in my heart, though. two of the greatest, and silliest, death scenes (no spoilers!) ever. enjoy
    yeah, my friends said 5 & 6 aren't very good, but 4 is a lot of fun.

definitely my favorite part of 3 (besides the movie, in general) was "welcome to prime-time, bitch!" which my wife and i keep quoting incessantly haha

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    edit. double post.
    Last edited by kel; 10-23-2015 at 03:33 PM.