Page 125 of 154 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,750 of 4618

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    Wife and I started watching it last night not knowing there was only three episodes.

Totally enjoyed the first, and thought the second was good until that ENDING. What??

We’ll finish the third today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think the first is utterly amazing.

The next two are nowhere near as good.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Watched "Once Upon a Time in London"... not too shabby if you're into that sort of thing (London gangsters starting in the late 1930s).

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    we've been watching that Hunters show on Amazon.

I wouldn't say it's good, to be honest. they kind of project and signal every little thing and we're only on the third episode. the choices made for each episode are so bat shit insane that I don't know what fence they're swinging for. is it supposed to be a comedy? OK, then why so serious? is it supposed to be a drama? then wtf is with the comedy? the tone is so inconsistent and everything about the show is all over the place. Pacino as a Jewish grandfather? sure, why not. Pacino as a Godfather-ish Jewish grandfather? every now and then, apparently.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Saw Knives Out finally. Fucking excellent.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    I need to get on this. Been meaning to and have only heard good things.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    That's on the docket for tonight. The wife and I had an unintentional body horror night and ended up watching Rabid (Soska Sisters) and Color Out of Space.

Rabid spoiler:

Spoiler: The doctor's wife being more cancer than person, spread out over a wall, was neato.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    saw Booksmart on a flight and was laughing hysterically throughout. Think: Superbad with two girls instead, and the girls are really smart and it's a tad less raunchy. Impressive directing debut from Olivia Wilde.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    just watched Harriet, and holy shit what a terrible score.... what the FUCK was that?! It sounded like somebody booted up Reason for the first time and loaded the string ensemble and started smashing keys.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 02-27-2020 at 06:59 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    Birds of Prey... I guess this movie was not aimed for men. Written by a woman, directed by a women, starring a woman who can outsmart and outmuschle everyone, with another woman who is the best damn cop there is and who has an ex wife, then there's the extremely talented woman who can sing, fight and have a hidden talent from her mother, then a girl who plays a key role, because she is the best thief in the world, and last but not least the woman, who crossbows bad people (=men) to death. Their opponents are all men. Even when the villain (= a rich man) have hired guns as an army, they are still all men.

Now, I don't mind, because this was never even hidden in the movie, so basically this was a chick flick, but can't say I was the target audience for this. Still, I liked some parts of the movie, but this is a big mess. I don't understand why some people are surprised that it's a big flop. The movie does not know what it wants to be. It feels like it had 5 directors at least. I think this could have been a good movie, if they go full out on the stupid part. The most annoying parts of the movie are when they try to make sense of this all.

Anyway, if you enjoy seeing women beating up men for one and a half hour, then definitely check this movie out. If you want a serious movie with deep story or cool superhero characters, then don't check this movie out.

Edit: Ewan and Margot were great though, Ewan's character was very funny and in a unique way.
    I hated this movie, my fiancee is really into the Harley Quinn character, and I kept my opinion to myself until she suggested we walk out of it and just leave because it sucked so much.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    saw Booksmart on a flight and was laughing hysterically throughout. Think: Superbad with two girls instead, and the girls are really smart and it's a tad less raunchy. Impressive directing debut from Olivia Wilde.
    My wife and I thought this was cute. Watched it after a coworker recommended it to me. Didn’t think it was as laugh out loud funny as Superbad but enjoyed it for what it was.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    I can't remember if I talked about The Breakfast Club here. Anyway, despite it showing its age, I enjoyed it. Maybe a bit too upbeat and... what's the word... when the tone changes so quickly... anyway, so a bit too much of that for my taste, but overall a thumbs up.

We've suffered through Euphoria, and it was such a dumpsterfire, I don't understand how can 20+ year olds like this aside from the cinematography. The parade episode was good, dare I say quite enjoyable, but everything else was tanted by how badly the main character is written. She's pathetic; basically she fucks everyone over for drugs over and over again, and in the next episode we have to feel sorry for her. We've fastforwarded through her scenes, because it was the only way the episodes could have been watched; except for the parade episode. That was the only one (+ the first episode) we could watch without fw. She behaved like a normal human being who was just worried about her sister. Anyway, by the end of the show, other cracks began to show as well. Like, okay, jock guy breaks into someone else's house and beats him up, fine. But by the end of the season he is like a member of Ocean's 11. God... I can't wait for season 2.

The Place (2017) from Paolo Genovese. If you have already seen Perfect Strangers, than you know what you are in for, but if you have not, then I suggest you check that movie out. The last 20 minutes of it is utter garbage imo, but still a very solid movie overall. The Place doesn't spend any time heating up the scene, unlike Perfect Strangers, it starts in the middle of it all. The setting is very simple: there is a mysterious guy sitting at the back side of a café, and people come to him for help. He can offer everything and anything, but he can only give these things in form of a deal. A deal, which requires each individual to do something from their part. Most of these deals require them to do horrible, horrible things. If you are easily triggered by the mere mention of awful things, then you probably want to skip this movie. There is nothing violent shown, the whole movie takes place in The Place, which is the name of the café.
    Just like with Parasite, I can't really tell too much about the movie, because it has to be experienced, but it revolves around how far are we willing to go for our selfish reasons. Though it was more interesting to me what these people actually wanted, because those are the things we can relate to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I hated this movie, my fiancee is really into the Harley Quinn character, and I kept my opinion to myself until she suggested we walk out of it and just leave because it sucked so much.
    Good for you, my gf enjoyed it. And to be fair, I did not suffer either, it was more... embarassing and tone deaf. You got to love the character arc of the police woman. She is introduced as this great sleuth, who should've been promoted to captain, but of course, a damned man took all the credit for a solved case, so he got the promotion. Then she proceeds to be utterly useless and outsmarted by HQ and the rest of the Birds, then at the end she resigns, when the captain steals her thunder again. I don't know what kind of thunder exactly, because she did NOTHING, while everyone else was at least good at one specific thing. She had a "FUNNY T-SHIRT LMAO XDDDDDDDDD" I guess.

I would unironically watch a movie about Huntress + HQ. Well, not after Birds of Prey, because now I know what to expect, but from actual, talented writers. Mary Elizabeth Winstead was sooo wasted.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    watched Midnight Special yesterday and i really enjoyed it, but my wife said it was too slow and not satisfying enough for her (hey-o!) Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    The Breakfast Club
    Angsty white problems - the Movie. Imagine trying to remake this fucking thing now...

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Angsty white problems - the Movie. Imagine trying to remake this fucking thing now...
    Yeah, it completely skips racial problems, and the scene under the desk could not happen, but most other things could be remade, because they still ring true. Drunken, careless parents; parents trying to live thorugh their children; parents who hold you in a tight grip; teenagers who feel misunderstood and out of place.

I read some complaint about the pretty girl getting together with the asshole, or her "abuser"... who haven't seen that either? Especially when we talk about teens.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    it does go full Stockholm syndrome

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I just saw Spaceballs as a proper viewing for the very first time in a quite long while, and it's easily one of my most favorite movies of all time. I'd imagine there's a lot of ETS fans of that film, considering how many Star Wars fans are on ETS. (I might actually make a thread later on, assuming one doesn't beat me to the punch, but just didn't feel like doing it right now.)

It's certainly no wonder why it has such a massive cult following, especially since it's one of those movies that are clearly the visual equivalent of an earworm. So many people have told me that it was one of their most favorite movies off all time over the decades and I'm certainly reminded as to how and why.

(And not that I doubted them either, but it was such a long time since I gave Spaceballs a proper viewing so I had to see it for myself again.)
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 03-08-2020 at 03:07 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Invisible Man is a 2 out of 5. There are some cool parts but there are many problems. It was as if they had some cool ideas and a bunch of plot milestones but then did a poor job trying to shoe in stuff to advance the plot toward them. I was tempted to leave the theater but by that time I had melted into my seats from the gummy I ate.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I imagine this thread will be seeing a large uptick in postings now.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    I imagine this thread will be seeing a large uptick in postings now.
    Every time I see your avatar lately all I can think of is this.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    what is happening.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Gave this a watch last night... interesting story (Apple has it for rent with subtitles).

Sure, they're hustlers, but that doesn't mean they didn't have a point.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    So
    Most of you guys that know me, know that Buffy the Vampire Slayer is my favorite show, ever.

I rewatch it every five years or so, and I'm always afraid I won't like it anymore. I watched it religiously as it originally aired, starting at age 17 or 18.

I'm watching it again, for the first time in about eight years, and GOOD GOD: I find it to be better, and deeper, than ever. I'm convinced that about 90% of the storylines on BtVS are metaphorical, and the older I get, the more I catch.

It's just SO. FUCKING. Emotional, smart, clever, and overalll, brilliant.

I'm 40 now, and, for me, it's absolutely the best show of all time- still, and forever.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Only my favorite film ever:

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Zogg from Betelgeuse - Crash course for Aliens

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...F8B5F41870D160

Watched the whole thing, amazing. :-)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Not alot unfortunately. Every film i was going to see has now been postponed to later in the year, so cinema listings until May are pretty much empty

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    It (2017).

Felt like they tried too hard to make it scary and failed horrendously. It was okay. Entertaining.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Favorite movie of all time:

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    Favorite movie of all time:
    I like to think of this movie as a Black Widow early mission... but that's probably just me.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I’m less than 30 mins into my first viewing of Joker. Holy shit, Joaquin Phoenix is killing it.