Page 75 of 154 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 125 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,250 of 4619

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    we just binge watched this dope ass mini-series called The Red Road on netflix...6 episodes straight through.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Amazing!

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

Its a great, hilarious, laught out loud kind of show, but sometimes its missing something and thats hard to put my finger on. Sometimes the humor is really bizarre. Still a great new show.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

Its a great, hilarious, laught out loud kind of show, but sometimes its missing something and thats hard to put my finger on. Sometimes the humor is really bizarre. Still a great new show.
    I watched three episodes of this the other day. Quite like it. Its co-created by Tina Fey, and the 30 Rock feel to the humor is something I've been missing.

Just saw Enemy, the Jake Gyllenhaal starring film. Great stuff. It has some nice David Lynch and Momento influences, and it pulls off being ambiguous without seeming entirely like artsy wankery. Spoiler: The ending fucking freaked me out. Like many folks, I'm a bit of an arachnophobe and had to deal with a facehugger-sized monstrosity in my house the other day. That spider at the end(which represent the guy's fear of female intimacy) was pretty damn realistic CG, and the suddenness of its appearance and its movement really gave me the heebie jeebies. It was pretty awesome, thinking about it now.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Just watched starring Leland Orser (you know him from a lot, but most likely Se7en) and Mary Elizabeth Winstead. It is fucking terrific. Among many other things, it is consistently yet subtly funny, absurd, creepy, claustrophobic, etc. Orser's one of those actors who's good in everything but he finally gets a chance to take center stage with a seriously meaty role and he doesn't waste a single opportunity. I hope he wins real recognition for this performance. Winstead matches Orser easily, and the two of them make a great, bizarre pair.

It's in select theaters, and also on VOD, iTunes, etc. See it, see it, see it, see it, see it

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Holy shit! That looks awesome. I'll leave my thoughts after I see this. Looks like my kind of movie.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Went to see Fifty Shades of Grey last night, wow that was a bad film. It actually seemed better than it was at first, just because I thought they'd have some annoying voice over of Anastasias voice saying 'oh my' or 'holy crap' all the way through, but they didn't and that made her a lot less irritating, but it was still shit

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rewatched The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I liked some elements of it, but as a whole...*sigh*. It just doesn't have the vibe of the book. I'm usually not inclined to remakes or reboots, but this would be welcome, especially as a TV show with a good budget. With the quality of a decent chunk of TV today being pretty high, they could do a nice job with this, and won't have to compress stuff for a movie runtime or leave things out. Pretty please, HBO?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Just saw Prisoners (2013) with Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal, and wow. I couldn't imagine watching it if I had kids. Incredible film, but just so emotionally heavy. I knew nothing about the plot going in and am glad but was just really taken off guard by how difficult of a watch it is emotionally. Dying to see Enemy now.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Umm just finished HBO's The Jinx miniseries and it completely met my high expectations. Watch it as soon as you can. By far the most chilling ending to any documentary I've ever seen.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Fight Club

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Just watched Monsters Dark Continent. What a stupid fucking movie, i am so pissed off! Why on earth do you make a fucking middle east war movie out of a monsters movie sequel? Worst movie in a long time and yesterday i saw Another Earth!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

I'm loving it.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post

I'm loving it.
    I've got that set to record since it's on at the same time as Shield but yeah I'm really looking forward to it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    I've got that set to record since it's on at the same time as Shield but yeah I'm really looking forward to it.
    It rules so far. I think I'm going to reallllllly love this show.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Russell Brand Messiah Complex. I liked it. He sure is better read then most Americans.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I'm now starting Season 3 of Kroll Show after working through the first two in the past couple of weeks. It has to be my favorite comedy show by far. I had no idea Nick Kroll was this talented and was able to pull together an as talented team of people to make this thing.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sentient02970 View Post
    I'm now starting Season 3 of Kroll Show after working through the first two in the past couple of weeks. It has to be my favorite comedy show by far. I had no idea Nick Kroll was this talented and was able to pull together an as talented team of people to make this thing.
    i've only seen a couple sketches but i love the PubLIZity ones.

"it's based off our names!"

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    Umm just finished HBO's The Jinx miniseries and it completely met my high expectations. Watch it as soon as you can. By far the most chilling ending to any documentary I've ever seen.
    isn't that guy being indicted?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    The Jinx. It was ok. Interesting that this dude thought out loud. I'll remind myself to not do that, ever.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Citizen Four. It was being a fly on the wall. I read a magazine article that was very similar in timeline, but having Ed Snowden actually talk was amazing. He didn't want it to be about him, but that is part of the story. Privacy is liberty.

And I didn't know Ed was a NIN fan. I need to get out more.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Why the fuck did I wait so long to start watching True Detective? I'm on episode 4 tonight and loving it.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Yeah Citizenfour is amazing. You're watching history as it happens.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Denis Villeneuve's Enemy starring Jake Gyllenhaal is now an instant favorite of mine. I know it's one I'm going to see many more times and be thinking about for the rest of the day.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Finished HANNIBAL season 2 a few weeks ago on Amazon Prime and can't stop thinking about it. I've been re-watching the series with my brother (it's now his new favorite show) and I just bought the Blu-rays to the first 2 seasons. Tonight, we indulged in the audio commentaries & bonus features (including an amazing gag reel). I am SO psyched for season 3. We're finally getting Dolarhyde!!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Denis Villeneuve's Enemy starring Jake Gyllenhaal is now an instant favorite of mine. I know it's one I'm going to see many more times and be thinking about for the rest of the day.
    Gyllenhaal has kind of stealthily built up an impressive filmography. I just saw the Zodiac Director's Cut the other day and thought: Donnie Darko, Jarhead, End of Watch, Brokeback Mountain, Prisoners, Enemy, Nightcrawler, Sourcecode, Zodiac, The Good Girl, Lovely and Amazing, Prince of Persia(joke)... his batting average is pretty damn good. And he keeps improving as an actor, even though he was solid to start with: fuck the Academy, Nightcrawler was the best acting of the last year. They should cast this guy for more films and less of the Sam Worthingtons/Jai Courtneys of the world.
    Last edited by Millionaire; 03-26-2015 at 10:58 PM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    ^^ watched Enemy the other night, holy shit. Loved it.

Trailer Park Boys season 9 was just added to Netflix so I'm all about that today. Fucking hilarious so far.

*edit* I fucking LOVE that we're getting more of J-Roc this season
    Last edited by ibanez33; 03-28-2015 at 04:05 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    "How the Universe Works" (Discovery/Science): I love watching TV about space since childhood, still fascinates me to the point of going mad. :-) The best so far for me were the BBC ones with Brian Cox (Wonders of Universe, Wonders of Solar System), but this one is also amazing, I learned ton of new things, e.g. Jupiter was once travelling towards the Sun, but together with Saturn they pulled themselves back out to current orbit... Or it takes millions (?) of years for photon to finally emerge from Sun, they don't want to let it go easily. :-) Or first atom appeared only thousand of years since Big Bang... Is there a life in Europa moon? Later when Sun will eat Earth, it will probably be water planet, and "they" don't really need Sun for heat... man, how is this all possible, aaargh... (going mad)

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Just fired up Going Clear. I remember when there were tv commercials for Hubbard's book when I was a wee child. I knew back then that something was not right.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Just fired up Going Clear. I remember when there were tv commercials for Hubbard's book when I was a wee child. I knew back then that something was not right.
    I really liked the doc, and the book is probably worth picking up, too.

I love conspiracy theories, from Area 51 to the freemasons, and Scientology is the one batshit crazy conspiracy that is probably true! From vire tapping to modern day slavery and brainwashing, from blackmailed celebrities to lunatic sci-fi, it has everything a good story needs