Page 126 of 129 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 128 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,780 of 3870

Thread: What Are You Watching?

  1. #3751
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    511
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Favorite movie of all time:




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #3752
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,579
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    Favorite movie of all time:
    I like to think of this movie as a Black Widow early mission... but that's probably just me.

  3. #3753
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,497
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I’m less than 30 mins into my first viewing of Joker. Holy shit, Joaquin Phoenix is killing it.

  4. #3754
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    9,205
    Mentioned
    411 Post(s)


    https://www.rifftrax.com/robo-vampire

    this was one of the most ridiculous movies i've ever seen. it contains all of the following:
    the least comprehensible plot i've ever experienced
    literally the worst dubbing i've ever heard
    boobs
    vampires(?)
    a blatant robocop ripoff
    a gorilla mask
    so many mustaches
    so much denim

    highly recommended

  5. #3755
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Peoria, Illinois
    Posts
    1,994
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    If you have a 4K setup and don't buy 1917, you're missing out big time.

  6. #3756
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    873
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Netflix - The Platform (Spain, 2019). A bit... uncomfortable.


  7. #3757
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,957
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Sure, the memes are everywhere—but I haven't been able to get Tiger King out of my head.

  8. #3758
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    2,022
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Season 3 finale of The Sinner. Another fantastic season.

    Bill Pullman was extraordinary, as always. He is such an underrated actor. And Matt Bomer was at the very top of his game.

    I really hope there'll be another season.

  9. #3759
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,579
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)


    Just watched this...

    Not bad, a touch on the slow side... but interesting characters. Definitely Canadian though... Timbits and all. In some ways I don't think it was quite polished/tight enough to be a movie-movie... but maybe like a Netflix release. Maybe a stage play...
    Last edited by MrLobster; 03-28-2020 at 09:54 PM.

  10. #3760
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    511
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    Netflix - The Platform (Spain, 2019). A bit... uncomfortable.

    Looks decent. Did you watch it and if you did, did you like it?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #3761
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    873
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    Looks decent. Did you watch it and if you did, did you like it?
    Yes of course and I did, I wouldn't post this otherwise. Sometimes I had to look away for a second though...

    Anyway, another intersting one - The Hunt. Last time I internally laughed with guilty feeling "I'm not sure if this over the top on purpose or is something wrong with me" was with "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood". Also, POTUS supposedly tweeted about this one and maybe it's not "politically correct", but at least over here we don't care that much... ;-)


  12. #3762
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,579
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)


    Watched this a few times already...

  13. #3763
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    4,093
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)


    as a psycho college bball fan who had his favorite time of year stolen from him, I have to get my fix somewhere (even though this is about HS ball). Yes it's a bit of a formulaic bball movie, but it does throw some swerves at you later on. And Affleck is just flat out excellent in this. Obviously lots of parallels between his character and real life Ben. He really carries the movie & deserves your attention. Some good bits of comic relief along the way too.
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 03-31-2020 at 04:19 PM.

  14. #3764
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,274
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    It was decent. Reminiscent of that Cube movie.

  15. #3765
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    511
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    It was decent. Reminiscent of that Cube movie.
    Is this in reference to Platform? Yes, reminded me of Cube. I thought it was decent as well.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #3766
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    4,093
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)



    This was great. Details the real life kidnapping of oil tycoon J. Paul Getty's grandson in 1973 Italy. Drags a bit maybe 3/4 of the way through & gets a little repetitive, but that's really my only complaint. Everyone is solid in this, even Wahlberg! He tones his standard schtick down almost completely here, only hinting towards it once in a speech to Christopher Plummer. Plummer is fantastic (shocker) as miserable, penny pinching oil tycoon J. Paul Getty. You REALLY hate him by the end of this. He drives alot of the action here, as the plot centers around the ransom being demanded for his grandson.

  17. #3767
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    4,093
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)


    great movie in the Erin Brockovich mold. Follows the infamous Dupont/Teflon scandal that is still a major problem to this day, and has extended out to similar chemicals being made all over the world by other chemical companies too. Ruffalo is great here, as is Bill Camp. Scary stuff.

  18. #3768
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,116
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    No Devs thread?! I'm 4 episodes in, and I absolutely love it.

  19. #3769
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Kinnelon, NJ
    Posts
    861
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    DEVS deserves wayyyy more attention! It's lived up to my high expectations so far. <3

    Any self-respecting fans of Alex Garland (Ex Machina, Annihilation, so much more) owe it to themselves to seek it out.

  20. #3770
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,838
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Been watching EVERY Arnold Schwarzenegger movie he stars in even going back to The Villain. But dam, I don't see anyone ever topping this man as the top action hero.

    "You should not drink and bake."

  21. #3771
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    9,205
    Mentioned
    411 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    No Devs thread?! I'm 4 episodes in, and I absolutely love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    DEVS deserves wayyyy more attention! It's lived up to my high expectations so far. <3

    Any self-respecting fans of Alex Garland (Ex Machina, Annihilation, so much more) owe it to themselves to seek it out.
    finally started it a few days ago at @otnavuskire 's suggestion. i was tense IMMEDIATELY (as i am with all alex garland's stuff) and the first episode was so emotionally exhausting that i'm just finally watching episode 2 now.

  22. #3772
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    2,315
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    We started Community since it's on Netflix now. I think my son likes it, because I got a text from my wife yesterday saying "he wants to know if you have to be here for us to keep watching community".

    we watched episodes 5-8 last night. there are so many jokes that it's hard to keep track sometimes. off the cuff comments like telling Jeff to go watch something on the E! network that don't seem funny but are because maybe you know that at the time he hosted a show on E! otherwise you wouldn't laugh. I used that as an example because I laughed and my wife and son both looked at me and asked why that was funny. Heck, there are even jokes in the subtitles because sometimes something you barely hear is subtitled so you see a throwaway joke instead of hearing it.

    It's also fun seeing people in the show that later became bigger stars.

  23. #3773
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    413
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I signed up for the one month trial of Showtime, so I'm watching the last season of Homeland. Pretty good so far.

  24. #3774
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Peoria, Illinois
    Posts
    1,994
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    I signed up for the one month trial of Showtime, so I'm watching the last season of Homeland. Pretty good so far.
    What's the on-demand boxing situation? The website search is pretty bunk and throws in a bunch of documentaries and other sports.

  25. #3775
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    9,205
    Mentioned
    411 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    We started Community since it's on Netflix now. I think my son likes it, because I got a text from my wife yesterday saying "he wants to know if you have to be here for us to keep watching community".

    we watched episodes 5-8 last night. there are so many jokes that it's hard to keep track sometimes. off the cuff comments like telling Jeff to go watch something on the E! network that don't seem funny but are because maybe you know that at the time he hosted a show on E! otherwise you wouldn't laugh. I used that as an example because I laughed and my wife and son both looked at me and asked why that was funny. Heck, there are even jokes in the subtitles because sometimes something you barely hear is subtitled so you see a throwaway joke instead of hearing it.

    It's also fun seeing people in the show that later became bigger stars.
    i love the whole run of the show, even the so-called "gas-leak" season. yeah, it's not as good as some of the other seasons, but it's not bad by any means. people act like the show "died" without dan harmon, but i think it did fine. besides, he needed some time to sort out his shit.

    anyway, looking forward to you continuing!

  26. #3776
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    413
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    What's the on-demand boxing situation? The website search is pretty bunk and throws in a bunch of documentaries and other sports.
    I have no idea. I can poke around there later tonight and see.

  27. #3777
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    511
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    I signed up for the one month trial of Showtime, so I'm watching the last season of Homeland. Pretty good so far.
    Homeland seasons 1-3 are incredible. Anything after that is good/ not great. This final season has proved to be very good so far tho, and understandably so. Hoping it ends in a great way.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  28. #3778
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    413
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I liked 1, 2, and 4 so far. 3, 5, 6 just blew in my opinion.
    I'm crossing my fingers the final end isn't horrible.

  29. #3779
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,579
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i love the whole run of the show, even the so-called "gas-leak" season. yeah, it's not as good as some of the other seasons, but it's not bad by any means. people act like the show "died" without dan harmon, but i think it did fine.
    It's not unsolvable.

  30. #3780
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    873
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    The Two Popes.


Posting Permissions