Page 109 of 154 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109 110 111 119 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,270 of 4612

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Howard the Duck was bad but I kinda liked it in a so-bad-it's-good category. I've seen worse films.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    I've been watching a lot of The Wire and Oz recently
    Oh man. Oz is a TRIP, isn't it?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Oh man. Oz is a TRIP, isn't it?
    Yeah it is! I love the way it's filmed/set-up. J.K. Simmons also plays a great asshole.

I also just started watching The Sopranos for the first time.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Finally watched this last night. Teared up by the end. Really a tragic story in the end.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    we've already watched the first two parts of the 2015 BBC version of "And Then There Were None" and are about to watch part three. perfect for a cloudy sunday.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I finally saw Dazed and Confused. The hazing in that movie is really brutal. We never had anything like that at my high school. It think hazing has been banned in all but 6 states. It still happens sometimes, but mostly at college fraternities and sports clubs.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    I finally saw Dazed and Confused. The hazing in that movie is really brutal. We never had anything like that at my high school. It think hazing has been banned in all but 6 states. It still happens sometimes, but mostly at college fraternities and sports clubs.
    my old friend marina was one of the victims of the brutal hazing at glenbrook north in 2003. i think she got an out of court settlement that she used to buy a car, but i also think it fucked her up in a lasting way.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Just finished season 1 of Westworld. I have a tendency to enjoy android/cyborg type movies/shows (I have a Terminator and Battlestar Galactica obsession) but this was a slow burn. Still not sure how I feel about it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Just watched the episode “Three of a Kind” from The X-Files. Gillian Anderson was so hilarious in this episode.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    John is a man of focus . . .

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I’ve been seeing so many ads for Killing Eve that I finally had to check it out. Two episodes in, and I am not disappointed.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    roseanne!

jklol. the dish guide still showed it playing (a recent rerun) at 7:00, was impressed to see it legit gone, instead an episode of the middle. i can take that show or leave it, but y'know what i mean ...

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Initial reaction: Annihilation is probably my favorite sci-fi movie since Interstellar. The 4K Blu-ray release ended up being only mediocre, but I'm happy to own the movie.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    buffy the vampire slayer (the series), starting at the beginning for the 8th or 9th time. i've watched all 7 seasons of this show more than any other show in existence.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I pose to you this question @eversonpoe : Angel, Spike or Riley?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Finally started watching The Sopranos and Westworld for the first time, both are amazing.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I'm watching the Leah Remini series about Scientology. Holy shit, everyone needs to watch this. It's shocking. I thought I knew about these fuckers... this is so much scarier and more out of control than I could have possibly imagined.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    I pose to you this question @eversonpoe : Angel, Spike or Riley?
    angel is an asshole who was forced to repent for his horrific actions by being given a soul.

riley is kind of a douche who thinks he's better than other people and makes tons of bad decisions.

spike did a lot of awful things in his lifetime and then chose to repent by restoring his soul.

100% team spike. (he is also the only one of the three i actually find attractive)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    For years my interpretation was that Spike was tricked into getting a soul, having pursued a more malevolent or generalised "what she deserves", but you're right. According to Joss, the ambiguity was purely a device for the viewer, and it's supposed to be a deliberate effort on Spike's part.

The thing with Angel looks rather worse now than it did when I was Buffy's age. A 200-year-old guy who fell in love with a... 16 year old? 15 when he first saw her? Hmm...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I just recently blazed through the debut season of Killing Eve. I had never heard of Jodie Comer before this. She absolutely steals the show as this unpredictable psychopath. Can’t wait for the second season.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    angel is an asshole who was forced to repent for his horrific actions by being given a soul.

riley is kind of a douche who thinks he's better than other people and makes tons of bad decisions.

spike did a lot of awful things in his lifetime and then chose to repent by restoring his soul.

100% team spike. (he is also the only one of the three i actually find attractive)
    Team Angel for me, BECAUSE of his horrific actions. I love the juxtaposition and the traditional "mina harker in the devil's thrall" aspect.
    Mmm, yeah. I fucking LOVE it in fact.

That being said, the sensible, real life choice is probably riley.

Ok so back on topic: I saw a great Netflix documentary about people who want to leave the Hasidic community and the abuse that goes on within it.

It's called One Of Us. Jesus, they should have made a series out of this as it's a fucking TRIP. The insularity of the community in and of itself is fucking fascinating. There was a series like this about people leaving the Amish community and it's pretty similar.
    Last edited by elevenism; 06-05-2018 at 04:46 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'm watching Hereditary. The Academy need to end their bias against horror movies. Toni Collette should be nominated for an Oscar for her role in that film. It's her Sixth Sense.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    I'm watching Hereditary. The Academy need to end their bias against horror movies. Toni Collette should be nominated for an Oscar for her role in that film. It's her Sixth Sense.
    she was in the sixth sense

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    she was in the sixth sense
    I just realized that when I looked up her bio but it was too late to edit the post. I forgot who played Lynn Sear because it was so long ago.
    What I meant is that it's her turn to win an Academy Award. She was actually nominated for an Oscar for that role in the Sixth Sense.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Amazon Prime Startup. Being a bit ill, I managed to watch the whole season 1 today - think this is my first binge watch, but it's not heavy like Black Mirror or Twin Peaks, so no problem. It's not about a bunch of geeks hunched over computers, more like Halt And Catch Fire with a fair bit of police drama like... Narcos? I'll watch season 2 next (surprise!).

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Stargate because my wife had never seen it! i will always love this movie, despite its ridiculousness.

really wish i had a fifth avenue bar...