Page 65 of 154 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 115 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,950 of 4618

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    My wife hadn't seen all of Breaking Bad, so we've been going through it at breakneck speed. We have 2 episodes left, and although I've seen the entire series, it's always fun to see peoples' reactions to the last 8 episodes.

Spoiler: When Hank was executed in the desert, my wife's mouth hit the ground in shock. I'm pretty sure she had her mouth open the rest of the episode.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Primer. Great indie sci-fi, and it's on hulu for free if anyone is interested.

Safe link: Hulu: Primer full movie

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aywok View Post
    My wife hadn't seen all of Breaking Bad, so we've been going through it at breakneck speed. We have 2 episodes left, and although I've seen the entire series, it's always fun to see peoples' reactions to the last 8 episodes.

Spoiler: When Hank was executed in the desert, my wife's mouth hit the ground in shock. I'm pretty sure she had her mouth open the rest of the episode.
    Should've watched the Breaking Bad Binge on AMC for the past few weeks. They wrapped the show up last night.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I gotta admit that Winter's Bone (2010) is pretty awesome. Just watched it and it's my favorite Jennifer Lawrence performance so far.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Hopefully season 3 of GOT if the nets provide. (sitting at 93%...)
    Also en que for when i get home, the last two episodes of the Strain and possibly a couple other movies i picked up today.

Also i recently watched Need for Speed the other day. I have to admit i thought it was pretty good. Wasn't really sure how they were gonna plot it out but i thought it was a fun race/action flick.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Anyone see the Boxtrolls? Is it a recommend? I liked Coraline and was so-so on Paranorman.

Edit: Saw the Boxtrolls the other day(as a bonus *ahem* double feature with Gone Girl), and while I slightly liked it overall, it is kind of a disappointment. Laika wants to be the animation company that goes against the grain and tries new things, and they do with the designs and claymation, but not really with the story. It has some interesting ideas, but the plot is fairly A to B, and the characters are just slightly tweaked versions of your garden variety animation types(plucky underdog hero, bumbling henchmen, etc.). I do like their designs(which some find ugly), and I think their claymation is amazing, so that carried the movie for me, but visuals aren't enough. I've always thought this company has a lot of potential. Maybe for the next one they could get an awesome screenwriter who doesn't mind taking risks(in terms of animation stories, anyway).
    Last edited by Millionaire; 10-08-2014 at 07:15 PM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i'm forcing my husband to watch the "grey gardens" remake with me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The wife and I have been catching up on some drama from across the pond today/tonight:

• The Escape Artist
    • Page Eight (wife had not seen this one yet)
    • Turks & Caicos
    • Salting The Battlefield (getting ready to start this one in 10 mins.)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    The Tudors despite the endless number of "oh your MAJESTY!" and "oh oh OH your GRACE!" sex scenes over and over again, the show appears to do a really good job of matching up to written history. Oh and Peter O'Toole!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    With my history being a bit fuzzy, I kept waiting for Cardinal Wolsey to be chased by Velociraptors.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Earth to Echo. I'm really not sure what I think about it. The premise is great, but I think it really would have benefited from better production.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm getting tired of (not really spoiler stuff but still don't want to ruin so...) Spoiler: the Sons of Anarchy being bulletproof on almost every scene. Damn,that stuff always strikes me as lazy or poor writing.

I'm starting Mad Men today. So excited!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Control. God that movie fucked me up more than Dancer in the Dark.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The Ian Curtis one or http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0373981/?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Microwave Jellyfish View Post
    The Ian Curtis one. :/

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Millionaire View Post
    Anyone see the Boxtrolls? Is it a recommend? I liked Coraline and was so-so on Paranorman.

Edit: Saw the Boxtrolls the other day(as a bonus *ahem* double feature with Gone Girl), and while I slightly liked it overall, it is kind of a disappointment. Laika wants to be the animation company that goes against the grain and tries new things, and they do with the designs and claymation, but not really with the story. It has some interesting ideas, but the plot is fairly A to B, and the characters are just slightly tweaked versions of your garden variety animation types(plucky underdog hero, bumbling henchmen, etc.). I do like their designs(which some find ugly), and I think their claymation is amazing, so that carried the movie for me, but visuals aren't enough. I've always thought this company has a lot of potential. Maybe for the next one they could get an awesome screenwriter who doesn't mind taking risks(in terms of animation stories, anyway).
    Not nick-picking at all, but claymation is when they create the illusion of movement by manipulating "soft" clay for each frame (think Wallace and Gromit). What Laika does is stop motion, where they re-position "hard" figures between frames. Although technically claymation is also stop motion.

But I completely agree with what you said. I thought that Coraline was fantastic (big fan of the novel, too) and I wanted to love Paranorman so much but it didn't click. I liked it enough, but didn't have the desire to watch it since it came out, and that's never a good sign. Haven't seen Boxtrolls yet, again, not a great sign that it didn't have enough drawing power to bring ME in the theaters, because I'm a fan of this type of animation, and Nightmare Before Christmas will always be near and dear to my heart.

Hopefully it will be successful enough for them to keep afloat and keep making more movies, I do LOVE having a stop motion studio around, they just need to tighten up on their screenwriting.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Also, I just got caught up on 'Gotham'. The first episode tried to bring in a little too much, it felt a bit rushed, but the two episodes that came since were really good!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    A lost sexy beautiful visual masterpiece called Unfaithful from 2002. By the guy who directed Jacobs Ladder and Fatal Attraction called Adrian Lynne..One of the most underrated directors ever. some of his shots are as stunning as Kubricks material ...the lighting is what he will be remembered for, that heavy atmosphere and real dark tone. all very sexy...been observing his stuff recently, unfaithful i like the most, dianne lane is so sexy. he also did , 9 and a half Weeks, and Lolita (which look good as usual but im not sure about)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exocet View Post
    A lost sexy beautiful visual masterpiece called Unfaithful from 2002. By the guy who directed Jacobs Ladder and Fatal Attraction called Adrian Lynne..One of the most underrated directors ever. some of his shots are as stunning as Kubricks material ...the lighting is what he will be remembered for, that heavy atmosphere and real dark tone. all very sexy...been observing his stuff recently, unfaithful i like the most, dianne lane is so sexy. he also did , 9 and a half Weeks, and Lolita (which look good as usual but im not sure about)
    Holy shit, I thought I was the only person who likes that movie. I think I've seen it at least 10 times. I mostly like it to watch Diane Lane have hot sex with Olivier Martinez. It's a great movie until Olivier gets beaned by the snow globe. We had a big heated discussion on ETS long ago about if it was "wrong" for Diane Lane to be fucking around on Richard Gere, and the opinions were very divided. Most women were influenced by whether they thought Richard Gere was hotter than Olivier Martinez.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Getting ready to watch Turtle Power: The Definitive History Of The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

I like documentaries of all kinds, and I'm not picky, so I'll give this a shot. It's a new documentary released this year by Paramount, so it does have that going for it already.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Twin Peaks. I'm gonna finish it this time.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sentient02970 View Post
    The Tudors despite the endless number of "oh your MAJESTY!" and "oh oh OH your GRACE!" sex scenes over and over again, the show appears to do a really good job of matching up to written history. Oh and Peter O'Toole!
    I binged watched that awhile back myself. I too enjoyed it. It's a shame Jonathan Rhys Meyers can't get out of his own way and shred scenery in some other show, film whatever.

Wasted 15 minutes if my life watching NCIS New Orleans. Oh the bad accents..

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    finally giving The Blacklist a shot... this show SUCKS. It's a lame mash up of hackneyed dramatic clichés mixed with blatant lifts from Silence of the Lambs. I hate this "oh, we're being clever, so clever, you'll never see what shocking stuff is coming next" bullshit, especially when meanwhile they cut away from the "clever" bullshit to be cute and pretentious as hell.

I hate this fucking show.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Millionaire View Post

Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    Not nick-picking at all, but claymation is when they create the illusion of movement by manipulating "soft" clay for each frame (think Wallace and Gromit). What Laika does is stop motion, where they re-position "hard" figures between frames. Although technically claymation is also stop motion.

But I completely agree with what you said. I thought that Coraline was fantastic (big fan of the novel, too) and I wanted to love Paranorman so much but it didn't click. I liked it enough, but didn't have the desire to watch it since it came out, and that's never a good sign. Haven't seen Boxtrolls yet, again, not a great sign that it didn't have enough drawing power to bring ME in the theaters, because I'm a fan of this type of animation, and Nightmare Before Christmas will always be near and dear to my heart.

Hopefully it will be successful enough for them to keep afloat and keep making more movies, I do LOVE having a stop motion studio around, they just need to tighten up on their screenwriting.
    LOVE stop-motion/claymation, you know i probably give the medium an easy time because i just love the visual styles so much so it's probably true that some of these films could be tighter on the writing side of things but ah they're just so much fun.

One of my favorites of all time has to be Chicken Run, Aardman really needs to make a comeback... their last feature film Pirates! Band of Misfits or whatever it was called was certainly lacking and i hate that they started adapting their style into CGI, i know stop-motion is probably expensive and very time consuming, tedious work I am sure but ahhh come on... Flushed Away, Arthur Christmas? so disappointing.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Masters of Sex - Mrs Masters finally gets her freak on

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miss k bee View Post
    Masters of Sex - Mrs Masters finally gets her freak on
    She's got a nice body and has no problem getting freaky. Dr. Masters really needs to sort out his issues and what he did to Libby, not cool.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Ooh I have not watched the season finale yet.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    The last two episodes of Sailor Moon-the original, not Crystal Moon-on Hulu and I'm full on ugly crying.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exocet View Post
    A lost sexy beautiful visual masterpiece called Unfaithful from 2002. By the guy who directed Jacobs Ladder and Fatal Attraction called Adrian Lynne..One of the most underrated directors ever.
    Adrian Lynne needs to direct more movies. I can't believe he hasn't done anything since Unfaithful. His specialty is the erotic thriller, but I'd like to see him tackle different things. I think Jacob's Ladder is amazing, and shows that he is capable of doing other things like horror, scifi, or surrealistic/arthouse stuff. Maybe Hollywood has him pegged as the 'erotic thriller' guy, so he doesn't get offered other types of films, but I could see him doing anything from a costume drama to a James Bond film.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Caught up on Gotham episodes 3 and 4. I think the show is okay but definitely those episodes seem to be pushing it in a good direction so it'll be worth watching.

Watched the two episodes of the Flash and am really liking the show. Sure it has the CW cheesiness ingrained into it but it's not that bad. I need to watch Arrow heard good stuff about it so I'll have to Netflix it sometime soon.