Page 106 of 112 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,180 of 3337

Thread: What Are You Watching?

  1. #3151
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    7,568
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    Look, I don't know about you guys, but I generally go around blaming every single thing in life on "SJWs."

    Road construction making me late for work....fucking SJWs are at it again.
    My phone is fucking up even though I've only had it for a year...probably SJWs are involved somehow.
    Ran out of peanut butter...Goddamn SJWs.

    It's fun! Try it today.
    hahahaha this cracked me up. thank you for that.

    people being held accountable for sexual misconduct... oh, wait...that's a good thing. thanks, SJWs! fighting the good fight even though people think you're (we're) over-sensitive idiots!

    i've never understood people throwing shade at SJWs. like, WARRIOR is in the fucking name. why is it a bad thing to believe in equity/equality and to want that for people? why is it a bad thing to be fighting for that? why do people feel the need to be dicks about it? like, sorry i care about other people being able to function in this world with emotional well-being and you're too busy making memes to give a shit about anyone but yourself?

    /rant

    p.s. i'mma steal all your peanut butter, because it's delicious

    p.p.s. actually on topic for the thread - my wife and i are addicted to food network shows. every time we're at home and have an opportunity to watch something else (we're on season 6 of DS9, season 3 of orphan black, etc.) we somehow just automatically choose guy's grocery games, chopped, or food network star. we have a problem.

  2. #3152
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,054
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Yeah, it's the same with people who criticise "virtue signalling". It's hard to imagine how anyone can be so bothered about people standing for something.

  3. #3153
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    1,777
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)


    I love that movie so much.

  4. #3154
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    7,568
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post


    I love that movie so much.
    all three of them are so fun, and the scores for all three are great as well!

  5. #3155
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,169
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    p.s. i'mma steal all your peanut butter, because it's delicious
    I knew a SJW was responsible.

  6. #3156
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    9,815
    Mentioned
    761 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    hahahaha this cracked me up. thank you for that.

    people being held accountable for sexual misconduct... oh, wait...that's a good thing. thanks, SJWs! fighting the good fight even though people think you're (we're) over-sensitive idiots!

    i've never understood people throwing shade at SJWs. like, WARRIOR is in the fucking name. why is it a bad thing to believe in equity/equality and to want that for people? why is it a bad thing to be fighting for that? why do people feel the need to be dicks about it? like, sorry i care about other people being able to function in this world with emotional well-being and you're too busy making memes to give a shit about anyone but yourself?

    /rant

    p.s. i'mma steal all your peanut butter, because it's delicious

    p.p.s. actually on topic for the thread - my wife and i are addicted to food network shows. every time we're at home and have an opportunity to watch something else (we're on season 6 of DS9, season 3 of orphan black, etc.) we somehow just automatically choose guy's grocery games, chopped, or food network star. we have a problem.
    SJWs hell yeah

    Food Network, omg, my Husband and I *LOVE* “Chopped” and “Iron Chef” and “Beat Bobby Flay” and I’m ADDICTED to the Holiday Baking Championship, and my Husband watches Saturday Morning Food Network with me including Valerie Bertinelli, The Kitchen, Tricia Yearwood, etc., and now that new baking chick in Vermont who’s HILARIOUS.

    When not watching the Food Network, I’m watching something on HGTV ... Flip or Flop, Fixer Upper, Property Brothers, House Hunters, House Hunters International, Love It or List It, etc. etc. I do real estate all day, it’s my job, it’s an addiction or something.

    Okay and full disclosure: I’ve been watching a SHITLOAD of Hallmark Christmas movies. Because they all have happy endings and I need that right now.
    Last edited by allegro; 12-08-2017 at 12:21 AM.

  7. #3157
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    7,568
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    SJWs hell yeah

    Food Network, omg, my Husband and I *LOVE* “Chopped” and “Iron Chef” and “Beat Bobby Flay” and I’m ADDICTED to the Holiday Baking Championship, and my Husband watches Saturday Morning Food Network with me including Valerie Bertinelli, The Kitchen, Tricia Yearwood, etc., and now that new baking chick in Vermont who’s HILARIOUS.

    When not watching the Food Network, I’m watching something on HGTV ... Flip or Flop, Fixer Upper, Property Brothers, House Hunters, House Hunters International, Love It or List It, etc. etc. I do real estate all day, it’s my job, it’s an addiction or something.

    Okay and full disclosure: I’ve been watching a SHITLOAD of Hallmark Christmas movies. Because they all have happy endings and I need that right now.
    i feel like the four of us need to hang out, because we would just sit around and pet animals and watch all of the same ridiculous television programming.

  8. #3158
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    7,568
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    sorry for the double post

    got together with a few casual friends (i had never hung out with before) last night to watch Speed in our pajamas (one of the members of the group had never seen it). i wore out my vhs copy of it as a kid because i would watch it every time i stayed home sick for about...7 years? i still have the entire movie memorized, and it still holds up pretty well. we had a ton of fun.

  9. #3159
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    709
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    BBC Blue Planet 2.
    http://www.bbcearth.com/blueplanet2/
    Beautiful, sometimes disgusting (I know, part of nature), often worrying (climate). Amazing cinematography, like Planet Earth 2 before.

  10. #3160
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,370
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I swear, Dirk Gently is the best show on television right now, or it’s all that matters to me.


  11. #3161
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Hell's Bells
    Posts
    423
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I watched Ocean's 11 and this part really got to me.
    Does he make you laugh?
    He doesn't make me cry.


  12. #3162
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    810
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Soderbergh rules.

  13. #3163
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    709
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Jean Claude van Damme, one of my generation heroes, when precious few were happy enough to have a VHS player and supply of crappy tapes with terrible amateur dubbing. Last week Amazon Prime released "Jean Claude van Johnson", small 6-episodes series, and I quite enjoyed that, nicely done and the script, even in 80's style silly, had some original and funny ideas (Filip, Timecop), and Jean Claude acting is not bad at all. It's strange how uneven van Damme's movies are, from legendary to terrible.

  14. #3164
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belarus
    Posts
    2,668
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    few were happy enough to have a VHS player and supply of crappy tapes with terrible amateur dubbing
    Ah yes, those were the times. Nice to see other countries are nostalgic about that. (You are, aren't you?)
    A few best-known dubbers from Russian/post-Soviet VHS market are still pretty well-known in Russian-speaking communities and still provide their own translations and dubs even for the new movies.

  15. #3165
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Smyrna, GA
    Posts
    6,575
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    It's good to see Jean-Claude Van Damme doing something different and having fun with it. I guess those years of being in bad straight-to-video films and JCVD has humbled him and gave him the chance to do other things and not take himself seriously anymore. At least he's going to be fine unlike that fat bitch Steven Seagal.

  16. #3166
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    195
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've been watching a heap of Adult Swim shows online lately, stuff like Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Brak Show, Xavier: Renegade Angel and the Eric Andre Show. It's a shame Adult Swim doesn't air in Australia anymore, I can remember stumbling upon it years ago and watching Sealab 2021.

  17. #3167
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    709
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    YouTube Oats Studios channel, all of it. Remember District 9 or Elysium? Liked that? Good, now go watch this channel! :-)
    https://www.youtube.com/user/OatsStudios/videos

  18. #3168
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Hell's Bells
    Posts
    423
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    In the past 2 days I've watched You Only Live Twice and Diamonds are Forever. I like old Bond films even though they're sexist as hell. They remind me of a simpler time. What the world was like before 9/11. They're my comfort films.

  19. #3169
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas Panhandle
    Posts
    5,688
    Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    I, Tonya deserves a best picture nomination.

  20. #3170
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    1,777
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Two days ago I watched Pacific Rim, Godzilla (2014) and Kong Skull Island.

    Because that's how I roll.

  21. #3171
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,106
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    That Tonya Harding movie was ok. Too frantic, too many 4th wall breaks. The tone is all over the place. The lady who plays her mom does a great job.

  22. #3172
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,106
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    remember when Christian Bale did all the press for American Psycho with an American accent?


  23. #3173
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,874
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Brawl In Cell Block 99 turned out to be pretty underwhelming. Between how badly lit some of it is, not getting more out of Don Johnson as a sadistic warden, and having to be reminded by other characters in almost every other scene how bad ass Vince Vaughn's character is, I'd almost say it's terrible but it had it's moments. I gave Vaughn a bit of the benefit of the doubt since surprisingly his character turned out to be the one I identified with more on the 2nd season of True Detective ​but this just didn't do it for me at all.

  24. #3174
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    810
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

    Wonderful movie by the late Sidney Lumet. Very dark, but powerful. And what a cast: Ethan Hawke, P. S. Hoffman, Marisa Tomei, Albert Finney, Michael Shannon...

  25. #3175
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    1,777
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Malcolm in the Middle.

    I have to catch reruns on some kids network because only the first season was released on DVD in the US and Canada (apparently, it's due to some music copyright issues). It's a great shame because with The X-Files and The Simpsons, it's one of the greatest series ever to run on Fox.

    The cast is amazing, kids and adults alike. And besides the absurdity of it, there is great character development and you can recognize yourself in them.

    In the last episode of the series, Lois finds out that she is pregnant with her sixth kid which gives no choice to Hal to become a meth kingpin. Outstanding.

  26. #3176
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    235
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Blade Runner 2049 (feel like I need to watch it again)
    The Mummy (Tom Cruise) it was eh
    Heat (Mann, Pacino, De Niro) I've seen it a million times, the fucking movie is awesome

    up next
    Happy Death Day

  27. #3177
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    235
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Just to follow up, I watched Happy Death Day since the basic plot was described to me, I thought it was interesting basically its the Spoiler: Groundhog Day of horror movies. As intriguing as I found that to be the movie sort of fell into an aiming for a teen audience and the music in it was terrible. I thought the movie was mediocre and didn't deserve the praise that some have given it.

  28. #3178
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    7,568
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Midnight View Post
    Just to follow up, I watched Happy Death Day since the basic plot was described to me, I thought it was interesting basically its the Spoiler: Groundhog Day of horror movies. As intriguing as I found that to be the movie sort of fell into an aiming for a teen audience and the music in it was terrible. I thought the movie was mediocre and didn't deserve the praise that some have given it.
    i don't think that needed a spoiler tag, every trailer i saw for it made that pretty clear haha.

    i personally think it looks really dumb, but my wife was intrigued, which is the opposite of what usually happens (i tend to be more open and forgiving in general to movies). good to know it's not really worth our time.

  29. #3179
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    235
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i don't think that needed a spoiler tag, every trailer i saw for it made that pretty clear haha.

    i personally think it looks really dumb, but my wife was intrigued, which is the opposite of what usually happens (i tend to be more open and forgiving in general to movies). good to know it's not really worth our time.
    I try to watch all horror movies anyway, because I'm a horror movie fanatic. Unfortunately if you are willing to watch any horror movie you end up having to watch a lot of crap. I'll give them that it was an interesting idea but they executed very poorly. The music in it was just cheap cheesy teen pop stuff trying to be rock music like early 2000's and the vibe of the movie was like watching American Pie.

  30. #3180
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    7,568
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    we watched Simply Irresistible on sunday night and it was...well, it was BAD. very bad. not even "so bad it's good" bad, it was just bad.

    i saw it in the theater when it came out but apparently i blocked out all memory of the film, and now i know why.

    it's always weird to see someone you like as an actor (sarah michelle gellar) be truly awful in something.

    is the crab actually magical? who the fuck was the guy who sold her the crab? when did she figure out she was a witch? why did they not make it clear that she was cooking her emotions into the food until 10 minutes before the end of the film (i'm all for figuring things out myself and not having an extreme amount of exposition but this had basically none)? where did she get the necklace and hair thing before the final scene? did she steal them from the department store? why do people find sean patrick flannery attractive? i have a lot of questions about it.

    but yeah, nothing in that movie was good, except for patricia clarkson.

Posting Permissions