Page 83 of 154 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 133 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,490 of 4627

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I just finally got round to watching the last ever episode of Mad Men. The last 30 mins got me in the feels, as some people say nowadays!

Spoiler: Stan and Peggy realizing they love one another and Don breaking down after speaking to Peggy!. I did think maybe some one would die (Betty) but was still a good ending

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    First episode of Mr. Robot has me sold

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    First episode of Mr. Robot has me sold
    Couple episodes behind, but I'm enjoying it alot.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Also...oooooohh, @kleiner352 , mr robot has favorite show of all time potential for me. EVERYONE check it out. It's fight club meets american psycho with a techie twist, lynchian directing and a reznorian soundtrack.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Well I binged all of Mr. Robot from 1 AM to 7 AM. I never do this with shows. Goddamn. I'm in love. The soundtrack is like TSN but doesn't feel like a rip off at all. If Dexter at its best was non-violent, more serious and without a lot of the bullshit, it'd be like this. Compared to almost anything else I've seen this gets tech terms more accurate than just about any other show around. The lead actor is exceptional. The writing keeps getting me drawn in. Very strong Fincher feel, very strong and sparring choices of licensed music, all the acting so far is great. Just everything so far is pulling it off, and hard. Cannot wait for the rest of the season, very happy to see it was already renewed for a second. If they do this right it could be real award-worthy, well regarded material.
    @elevenism trust me I am dying for Fuller to complete his vision for Hannibal. Speaking of, last night's episode was remarkably good.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Well I binged all of Mr. Robot from 1 AM to 7 AM. I never do this with shows. Goddamn. I'm in love.
    we have a Mr Robot thread here and have been wondering out loud why no one else is talking about it.

It IS just utterly fucking incredible, isn't it?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Humans finished here last week. It's pretty damn good, with the concept being a near-future or alt-present world in which synthetics (do they prefer the term 'artificial person'?) are the natural extention of our iPhone culture. It's a thematic melting pot of I Robot, Blade Runner, and Terminator 2/Sarah Connor Chronicles, but feels very fresh - it's well-written and imaginative, finding plenty of new angles. It's compulsive, too - it's paced so that there's both mystery and major exposition in every episode, without feeling forced.

It's been absolutely monstering the ratings over here, the most popular scripted programme outside BBC1. They've already been preparing to make another season before this one's even finished.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    @kleiner352 , there are some things about the ending of the novel Hannibal that i would have liked to see in this version.
    But with the complete absence of the Clarice character, they did what they could and it was fucking great.

I'm just now hitting the Red Dragon arc.

This version of Hannibal (the tv show i mean, as an adaptation of Harris' characters) is DEFINITELY the best one, if a TINY bit queer for my tastes. In fact, it's not even the queerness, it's how heavy handed it was in using sex as a seduction metaphor (like as in "seduction into darkness.) There have been a few times where i was like "okay fuller, we GET it!" Or "why don't they kiss already?!"
    But i still adore it and i think it does the books more justice than any of the movies ever did. The thing that blew my mind about the books was how incredibly LITERARY they were. That's the main thing i remember-the way he deftly used literary devices-the subtexts, the metaphors. Those books were incredibly good compared to most of the stuff i plowed through as a young adult.

Well, we are about to watch the end of True Detective, and then i could use a new show myself.
    We'll probably have watched all the Hannibal there is by the end of the day.
    We are watching Mr Robot, the Whispers, and Zoo.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I would like another show that we could binge on.
    I'm still stuck in bed with my back broken.
    I'd like another one to binge watch.
    Does anyone have any suggestions?

Zoo, BTW, is pretty damn cool. It certainly isn't on the level of a Hannibal or a Mr Robot (which, i agree with you Kleiner, those shows are up there in Sopranos territory.)

But it HAS had some pretty cool scenes and has the potential for more. If you don't know, it's about what appears to be a steadily impending apocalypse scenario in which the animals decide "hey, fuck it! we can take this planet from the humans! let's go for it!"
    There is a great scene where everyone's cats are missing, and they are found at this park in the trees...hundreds of them. And they don't look friendly anymore. It's pretty damn stunning, and i would bet that those types of scenes will only get more intense as the show progresses, with bigger and more dangerous animals.
    Last edited by elevenism; 08-10-2015 at 01:27 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    The Gift was great. And the WIFE WAS THE PROTAGONIST! I love how trailers literally have to lie so more people will be interested or something lmao.

Great lil character study thriller and oddly feminist/ big fuck u to a bunch of shit I hate. well done.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    @elevenism

Do you like Sean Bean? 24? Homeland?

Give the TNT series "Legends" a shot, only one season so far... the 2nd one has been delayed until November or something when it was supposed to air this month.

If i had to think of what it's like... it reminds me of a CBS show called The Pretender from the 90s and the Jason Bourne movies. Lots of crazy identity and conspiracy stuff.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    thanks @thelastdisciple

Legends sounds awesome.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Do you like Sean Bean? 24? Homeland?
    Alec Trevelyan? Boromir? Richard Sharpe? Ned Stark?

God I love that man. I really need to watch Legends.

As for what I've watched: All the President's Men. What a movie it is. They don't make them like this anymore.

The day Robert Redford dies, I'm going to cry my eyes out.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    @eversonpoe i watched that other movie by miranda juky...me you and everyone you know.

it's strange, like strange on the level of upstream color. The Future is a better miranda july film.

Anyway i wanted to let you know that according to the movie, ))<>((

is how you type "poop back and forth forever."

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    So, I finished Sense8 finally. It was a struggle to get through but I'm glad I watched it. Ultimately I thought it was good but not great, and I had a lot of issues with it. Even now I've been kind of waffling back and forth on how much I liked it. I think the hype killed a lot of my enjoyment (it is WAY overhyped).

That all being said, it was uneven but the moments that were good were really good. I wasn't sure I would be watching season 2 but after the season finale (which was seriously great) I probably will end up continuing whenever it comes back.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    but after the season finale (which was seriously great) I probably will end up continuing whenever it comes back.
    I was a wee bit disappointed in the final scene. Iceland is beautiful though.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The trailers for it were kind of deceiving. Had some great moments sprinkled in there. It was incredibly slow, and kinda cheesy at times. But, I have hope that the second season will learn from the first's problems.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Didn't make it to straight outta Compton on time so we caught san andreas at the dollar movie. It was GREAT for what it was, a big expensive disaster flick in 3d. Also the plot and acting were better than I thought they would be. Ifit also had goofy action hero cliches that were fun to me and my wife. If you like the disaster flick, I say catch it at the dollar movie. They don't work as well on tv. But i also recommend making sure it's in 3d. That was part of the charm.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    watched "queen of the damned" last night for the first time in years (though i've seen it upwards of 20 times), and my wife had never seen it. so much fun with a few drinks. how i never realized claudia black was in it before, i don't know, but now that i'm a big whovian it was awesome to see paul mcgann.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    watched "queen of the damned" last night for the first time in years (though i've seen it upwards of 20 times), and my wife had never seen it. so much fun with a few drinks. how i never realized claudia black was in it before, i don't know, but now that i'm a big whovian it was awesome to see paul mcgann.
    Paul McGann makes everything better. He'll always be my favorite Doctor.

I'm watching Sinister before going to see the sequel which, according to almost everyone, is awful.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Paul McGann makes everything better. He'll always be my favorite Doctor.

I'm watching Sinister before going to see the sequel which, according to almost everyone, is awful.
    my friend was essentially responsible for all the sets on Sinister II and she said that, while she had fun working on it, it's probably not a great movie haha

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    how i never realized claudia black was in it before, i don't know.
    I must have missed that too, i only know her from Pitch Black, Farscape, Stargate SG-1 and some of the Uncharted games. <3 her though.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    I must have missed that too, i only know her from Pitch Black, Farscape, Stargate SG-1 and some of the Uncharted games. <3 her though.
    she has a relatively small part and not very many lines. she's one of the "good" vampires in league with Maharet & Marius. she looks very indian because of her outfit/makeup which is probably why i never realized it was her.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    last night we watched Christine, which neither of us had ever seen. we're both big john carpenter fans, and thought it was quite good. the score was, of course, excellent. does anyone know if stephen king likes this adaptation? i know he's not always a fan of the movies made out of his books.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Finally watched the final ever Glee episode. Fairly decent last episode but it had gone down hill for a long time.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    BBC Horizon document "Are health tests really a good idea", interesting (shortly: not).
    http://docuwiki.net/index.php?title=...ly_a_Good_Idea

Next I will watch "OCD: A monster in my mind".
    http://docuwiki.net/index.php?title=...ter_in_my_Mind

Big "thank you" to mvgroup for providing me with such otherwise not available documents. :-) Psst.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Just watched 'Turbo Kid' a film best described as a cross between BMX Bandits and Mad Max and has more gore in it than The Evil Dead!

Crazy retro fun, i had a blast watching it!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaps View Post
    Just watched 'Turbo Kid' a film best described as a cross between BMX Bandits and Mad Max and has more gore in it than The Evil Dead!

Crazy retro fun, i had a blast watching it!
    i spotted that when i was browsing through something recently and thought it sounded great. now i know!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Inside No. 9.

WATCH IT RIGHT NOW. I just devoured the first series and I loved it all.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Just finished Narcos. Great show, the wait for season 2 is gonna be rough.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Oh man, I have watched so much stuff lately.

I watched "The Overnight" last night. I had heard so many good things about it but I thought it was pretty meh.

I watched the first season of "Mr. Robot" and really didn't care for it very much. I don't think I'll be watching season 2.

I had also heard great things about "Catastrophe" and I ended up burning through the whole thing in one weekend. It kept my interest the whole way for the most part but I also didn't think it was all that great. It had a lot of promise- the first episode is seriously fantastic and made me laugh out loud at least a half dozen times, and laughing really hard at that. But the rest of the season just didn't hold up to that first episode.

The best thing I've watched in the last month of watching so much stuff was the second season of "Silicon Valley." I would have never guessed when I started watching it that it would end up being one of my favorite shows ever but it absolutely is. Seriously, one of the absolute best shows on TV right now. It didn't surprise me that it was funny (and it is REALLY funny) but what did surprise me was how emotionally invested I am and how seriously great the story ended up being. There were times when I was yelling at my TV and it is very rare that a show does that to me. The last episode of season 2 was way more suspenseful than a show like this has any right to be and I was right there with my heart in my throat the entire second half of it. I still can't believe how good it is but it really is just wonderful. Highly recommended.

I just started "Rick and Morty" and "Enlightened," both of which I had heard good things about (thank you for the recommendation on the former, @Jinsai !)

I'm also about halfway through the first season of "The Americans" and I am really digging it.