Page 85 of 155 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 135 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,550 of 4626

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    yeah, my friends said 5 & 6 aren't very good, but 4 is a lot of fun.

definitely my favorite part of 3 (besides the movie, in general) was "welcome to prime-time, bitch!" which my wife and i keep quoting incessantly haha
    freddy as a giant snake thing swallowing patricia arquette is priceless.

one spoiler of part four: pee-chee folder overload.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Häxan: Witchcraft Through the Ages - this movie is turning me into a raging misandrist.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    We're currently obsessed with History Channel's "The Curse of Oak Island". Anyone else?!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Dune!!!! I heard it's fantastic...... oh, wait. I've seen that film before. I'm re-watching it now. I didn't realize how boring it is. I don't blame David Lynch for not being fond of it. Even as I had seen Jodorowsky's Dune as I felt that movie would've been one of the greatest films..... ever made.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Dune!!!! I heard it's fantastic...... oh, wait. I've seen that film before. I'm re-watching it now. I didn't realize how boring it is. I don't blame David Lynch for not being fond of it. Even as I had seen Jodorowsky's Dune as I felt that movie would've been one of the greatest films..... ever made.
    You really need to watch the extended edition. The special effects aren't finished but once you get over that, it makes for a more cohesive movie.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Watched Unbreakable (2000) and the movie turned out to be my favorite one from Shyamalan.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I still love Signs and The Village, despite all the hate they get.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    This is just beautiful. I never though it would have been possible to capture footage of the sun in such high fidelity.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    edit .....
    Last edited by kel; 08-19-2016 at 11:50 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maul View Post
    Watched Unbreakable (2000) and the movie turned out to be my favorite one from Shyamalan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    I still love Signs and The Village, despite all the hate they get.
    my wife and i watched Devil over the weekend. i know he didn't direct it, but he co-wrote it and it definitely has his fingerprints all over it. honestly, it was pretty entertaining. not GREAT. and the religious overtones were a little heavy-handed. it would have been better if it was just some random demon and no one had any idea, instead of this one super religious guy apparently knowing it's the devil and basing that fact on stories his mom told him as a kid.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i smile back.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maul View Post
    Thank you, you inspired me to watch Unbreakable too, then The Sixth Sense (it is really good second watch when you know more), then A.I., then Pay it Forward over these few days. All very good movies which I saw in cinema and never again, till now.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    went to see Macbeth yesterday in a small theater and was instantly blown away. the scenery, the music, the whole tone and of course the exceptional acting of Fassbender totally captivated me. The movie basically was a clone of Valhalla Rising with a screenplay by Shakespeare but damn it was good! Can't wait to see it again and the first song really stuck in my head all day.

If you have read the play or like Fassbender and movies like Valhalla Rising you should definitely see this one. Outstanding little film with grand pictures.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    is anyone digging Black Sail?
    i'm about to check it out

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Just watched Steve Jobs.

Didn't like it at all, it's Sorkinese at its worst. Every conversation is a singular train of thought, every exchange is fraught with tension and interruption, every character has more or less the same voice (differentiated mainly by relative level of power), every sentence is spoken without the slightest hesitation regardless of its complexity, the lead character has to feel 100% in the right and beyond self-assured with every single word. It's grating and unnatural. There's very little stage direction too - unlike The Social Network, there's no escape from the dialogue here.

It touched on many of Jobs' various aspects, but I didn't feel it made a concerted effort to get under the skin, and didn't like the narrative conceit either - every section of the film takes place during a product presentation. It means that a lot of the key elements of the Apple story go unexplained. The film feels like it ends abruptly too, at a point which repeats earlier story. It could just as neatly have ended halfway through.

Fassbender makes a hell of a Jobs though, and Danny Boyle shoots him brilliantly. I just think they needed a better script to work with - but then again, maybe Boyle and his editing team aren't as good at taming Aaron Sorkin's prose as David Fincher's crew was.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Good GOD this Fargo series is incredible.

We watched all the episodes available in like 48 hours? MAYBE 72

if you liked the movie, you will love the series, because they nailed it in every aspect

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Victor Frankenstein is weird little movie.

Not a good movie (too many flaws for it), not absolute trash either (no movies starring James McAvoy, Daniel Radcliffe, Andrew Scott and Charles Dance in full Tywin Lannister mode can be trash) but a very weird thing.

It's meant to be a character study of the titular character but fails short. It's not meant to be a comedy but it's funny (sometimes unintentionally). It's not a horror movie and you'll have to wait a long time before seeing the monster. And it's definitely not meant to be about a gay couple... or is it?

Strong points: the acting. McAvoy is like the Energizer Bunny. He's so full of energy that you'll think he's going to animate the monster himself. His Victor is a batshit insane sociopath but with just enough humanity left in him so that we're able to care about him. Or maybe it's the baby face or the amazing blue eyes. Radcliffe is Igor, a former hunchback circus performer (he's "fixed" by Victor is a most creative way that had me smile from ear to ear) slash self-taught medical genius who becomes Victor's assistant slash best friend slash co-conspirator (not voluntary). He's brilliant but naive. He's got morals enough for him and Victor (who's lacking some). Andrew Scott is a police inspector with a deeply religious fiber who's convinced Frankenstein is the Antichrist. But of course, he's as obsessed as Victor and his religious fanaticism drives him to madness too. And as I said, Charles Dance is Tywin Lannister.

There's also a melange of gorgeous cinematography and of some "wtf were they trying to achieve here?" effects. Likewise, the dialogues are sometimes awful but they are delivered with such gusto by McAvoy (he gets the worst ones) that they are almost not awful. Almost.

In short: it's weird, it's a curiosity but it's quite forgettable. Except for Tywin Lannister, of course.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

Watched this for the first time ever. It fucked me up. Incredible.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    adam ruins everything and billy on the street are my two new favorite shows. adam is so cute and billy is so like my best friend.

/comedic comfort

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I had this sitting on my harddrive for years but only got around to watching it over the weekend. Whaaaaat a trip!

Anyone see his latest one? Love.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Empire

I dunno - stunt casting is pretty good though Alicia Keys is NOT an actor. Ne-Yo knew what he was doing and Lee Daniels was funny.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    I had this sitting on my harddrive for years but only got around to watching it over the weekend. Whaaaaat a trip!

Anyone see his latest one? Love.

I want to see this in the theaters and see if the 3D is fucking worth it. I love Gaspar Noe.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    is anyone digging Black Sail?
    i'm about to check it out
    A little late, but I would recommend it. It's sort of reminiscent of an older type of pirate adventure (meaning sort of swashbucklerish and light-hearted to cheesy), peppered with grittiness here and there. Great production value, the sets and scenery are alive and colourful, and some of the action/battle scenes are amazing, some of the best I've seen in tv or cinema. Depending on how you approach this, you may find some of the characters one-dimensional and jarring, and the dialogue clumsy, but personally I had no issues with anything. Maybe I was in the right mood when I was watching, but it felt like I was delving into a nice and cozy book of pirate tales (again, with a bit of modern grittiness on occasion).

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Empire

I dunno - stunt casting is pretty good though Alicia Keys is NOT an actor. Ne-Yo knew what he was doing and Lee Daniels was funny.
    ooooohhh is it good?
    i've been thinking of checking it out for a WHILE.
    @Alexandros , maybe i will give black sail another shot. what you described is what i was hoping for, but i didn't really get into the first episode.
    I was in a bad mood that night. i'll try it again and thanx for the tip.

Meanwhile, i'm LOVING American Horror Story this season

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    ooooohhh is it good?
    i've been thinking of checking it out for a WHILE.
    Go watch a few episodes of season 1, then you decide if it's worth continuing...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Fargo season 2 episode 8

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miss k bee View Post
    Fargo season 2 episode 8
    isn't it fucking GREAT?! That show immediately made it into my top 10 shows of all time.
    @Dra508 , Terrance Howard is one of my favorite actors. He is so versatile (Crash, Hustle and Flow, Wayward Pines.) It's a shame that he hasn't won an oscar. And as for the music, i don't think i've heard a Timbaland produced track that i didn't like. He and Trent are the two greatest beat makers i've ever heard. So as long as the story is decent, i bet i will love it.