Page 54 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 154 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 4626

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Watching The Truman Show. I'd always really hated any film Jim Carrey was in, until this one

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Got four words for you. Eternal sunshine, spotless mind.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Got four words for you. Eternal sunshine, spotless mind.
    I should clarify with 'films he'd been in that I'd actually seen' which were wacky Ace Ventura type things!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Watching Marvel Studios: Assembling a Universe. Pretty interesting so far. I hope there is some new behind the scenes stuff, for the new films I mean.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Silent Witness
    Mr Selfridge

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I just watched Safety Not Guaranteed, holy shit it was so good.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Mini-marathoned through some Wong Kar Wai films. Saw Chungking Express and its sequel Fallen Angels, then In the Mood for Love and its sequel 2046. Finished off with some Days of Being Wild and Happy Together. Love this guy's films. He just really seems to capture the feeling of falling in love with somebody. He's not for everybody, of course, but I'm very much on his wavelength.
    Last edited by Millionaire; 03-24-2014 at 10:33 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Millionaire View Post
    Mini-marathoned through some Wong Kar Wai films. Saw Chungking Express and its sequel Fallen Angels, then In the Mood for Love, then its sequel 2046. Finished off with some Days of Being Wild and Happy Together. Love this guy's films. He just really seems to capture the feeling of falling in love with somebody. He's not for everybody, of course, but I'm very much on his wavelength.
    i've only ever seen 2046 and i loved it.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i've only ever seen 2046 and i loved it.
    I recommend In the Mood for Love. I think its his best film, and it'll put 2046 in a better context. While I say thats his best film, my favorite film of his is Chungking Express, which is stylistically more improvisational than ITMFL/2046 and is more lighthearted in tone.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Millionaire View Post
    Mini-marathoned through some Wong Kar Wai films. Saw Chungking Express and its sequel Fallen Angels, then In the Mood for Love and its sequel 2046. Finished off with some Days of Being Wild and Happy Together. Love this guy's films. He just really seems to capture the feeling of falling in love with somebody. He's not for everybody, of course, but I'm very much on his wavelength.
    I've seen all of his films including 2 of the 3 versions of The Grandmaster in its longest and shortest cut, the latter of which is fucking crap. He's one of my favorite filmmakers right now and I'm anxious for what he will do next. Here's the piece I wrote about him this past January: http://cinemaaxis.com/2014/01/05/the...-wong-kar-wai/

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Se7en tomorrow night and maybe Zodiac thursday night.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I've seen all of his films including 2 of the 3 versions of The Grandmaster in its longest and shortest cut, the latter of which is fucking crap. He's one of my favorite filmmakers right now and I'm anxious for what he will do next. Here's the piece I wrote about him this past January: http://cinemaaxis.com/2014/01/05/the...-wong-kar-wai/
    Article was a good read, thanks for that. Haven't seen the Grandmasters, but I've read good things about the original cut. Its nice to know that he's back on track after My Blueberry Nights. I wouldn't call that a bad film, I thought it was alright, but it had some issues like Nora Jones not really being an actress and the Memphis sequence being a bit cliche. But 'alright' isn't good enough after the great run of films he had from Days of Being Wild to 2046. I think every film he did in that period were ace.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    If you're not watching Bates Motel you need to get your fucking act together because this show is insane, after tonights episode I can't see this season ending in any way other than a blood bath.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    hmmmm i'm gonna have to check out the bates motel.
    right now i'm watching whatever my bitch ass excuse for a girlfriend makes me watch while quietly contemplating throwing her out.
    sigh.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    12 Years a Slave. Booooooriiiiiing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    watching the start of the second season of Da Vinci's Demons. Thought the first season was okay it was entertaining but hopefully the second season continues that but with a better written story.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

That was fucking amazing. If you're going to watch it don't look anything up, everything you need to know is in that poster.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    hey i'm sure someone else has covered this here but fucking True Detective...god DAMN

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Just bought this. From what i've seen in looks stunning in HD. Can't wait to dive into the special features. Hnnng.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Was it as if The Matrix met Donnie Darko?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Was it as if The Matrix met Donnie Darko?
    I'm really curious about that. I mean that's a pretty damn bold statement to make, if this movie can deliver on that then it's gonna be a must-see, but Rotten Tomatoes is making me think otherwise: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1216923-franklyn/

Also, I'm about to watch the new Bates Motel. From the preview I watched earlier it looks like it's going to be the best one yet, will edit this after.

*edit* not the best but DAMN that's some good TV. Side-plots are all twisting together halfway through the season, looks like the next 5 episodes are gonna be insane.

*edit* just watched Tropic Thunder, can't fucking believe it took me 6 years to get to this!
    Last edited by ibanez33; 04-02-2014 at 05:07 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Just saw a fan-made extended cut of Prometheus with 30 minutes of cut scenes and alternative takes from the dvd spliced back in to the film. Got it from my "friend"...who had way too few seeders. It gives the film a good boost- more character development, more stuff about the movie's themes, and more ties to Alien.

I would compare it to the improvement between the theatrical and director's cuts of Kingdom of Heaven- character motivations are a bit more clear, much better pacing, etc. Its a shame they cut this stuff out, especially a speech from a younger Weiland that Guy Pierce knocked out of the park.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Last edited by theburningreptile; 04-08-2014 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Changed opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mr Bean comedy show online at the moment.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Karate Kid (1984)
    with me daughter

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Buffy/Angel rewatch from the beginning. At the end of season 3 of Buffy right now. FEELS EVERYWHERE.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Season 3's some of my favourite TV ever.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I loved Buffy/Angel growing up. Though I preferred Angel later on. Both shows are still some of my favorites ever. Also Dat Spike. <3