Page 43 of 155 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 143 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 4626

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    After much swooning by one of my coworkers, I gave Supernatural a try. Turned out to be a bad idea: I'm starting season 4 as we speak... Kind of unhealthily addictive.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I finally rented and watched Zero Dark Thirty, which is something I've been meaning to do for a while now.

Holy shit, what the fuck?! That movie SUCKED. That was a terrible film! There was practically nothing about it that wasn't terrible. Fuck you Katherine Bigalow, fuck you America, fuck. Just fuck.

What a load of shit. I want my money back.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    ^^^ Thanks for the warning. Taking out of my queue.

Saw Frances Ha the other day. I need to go see more art house movies to appreciate it. I do know this - starting out, trying to live in NYC must suck. That place is ridiculously expensive. No wonder Brooklyn is so popular now*

*I totally get why there is middle income subsidized and rental stabilized housing.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Season 1 episode 1. Wiki said that Dominic West does a great job with an American accent. I disagree. I can hear Yorkshire FFS. There are so many Brits and Aussies on American Television right now, I'm surprised the Conservatives around here aren't trying to round them up and deport them. Oh, they only do that to poor Latinos taking our jobs. But actors covering their accents to sound American, on American TV isn't ? (Now is when y'all should be noting my sarcasm).

Lead character in Longmire, excellent American accent- I had no idea he was from OZ. The black CIA director on Homeland, a Brit - great accent. Naomi Watts as Valerie Plame in Fair Game, descent job with the accent. Heck, Jonathan Rhys-Myers did something I can't remember- good American accent.

Am I being too persnickety? Yeah, I am. :/. Do dozens of Americans put on accents in films? yes they do. What kind of job do they do? I actually would love to know.
    Idris Elba does an amazing job of hiding his accent here. Oh and his acting is right in step.

Back to watching polish short films again.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sentient02970 View Post
    Idris Elba does an amazing job of hiding his accent here. Oh and his acting is right in step.

Back to watching polish short films again.
    Oh, I'm going to be watching that this summer as part of my year-long Blind Spot series along with Stagecoach, Sunset Boulevard, Battle Royale, Ali Fear Eats the Soul, and Battleship Pontemkin.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I started this little project to watch 100 years of cinema history.
    Basically, I'm gonna go back in time 100 years and watch 1 movie per year up to 2013.

My 1913 movie was Fantômas - À l'ombre de la guillotine (french silent movie). It was surprisingly good.
    My 1914 movie will be a Charlie Chaplin short. Haven't decided which one yet.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Went to the theatre to see a movie called "The Kings of summer" last night about a group of teenagers sick of living at home in their parents place, they decide to go build their own house in the middle of the woods and live parental free, on their own rules for the summer.

Spectacular movie! Probably the best movie i've seen all year. It's in limited release, so it may only be showing in 1 theatre in a big city. Smaller city's will have to wait for a DVD release most likley. But if it's playing in your area, go check it out. It's like a modern day version of "stand by me", it's a funny movie as well. There is a serious underlying message about friendship as well, it's a great movie. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT watch a trailer before you go into the movie, I started watching one and turned it off after a minute or so, it was giving away the whole movie, and I knew I wanted to see it based on the buzz it was getting.

I hate movie trailers. I'm gonna try and stop watching them now, they do nothing but ruin all the good parts of the movie now, if not show the whole movie altogether. I've made a deal with myself to never watch a movie trailer for a movie I KNOW i'm going to go see again. If it's something I have never heard of, or a movie I am on the fence for, i'll still watch a trailer. But for those movies you automatically KNOW you want to see just by the title, i'm done with watching trailers for those.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

What Are You Watching?

Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    e la guillotine (french silent movie). It was surprisingly good.
    My 1914 movie will be a Charlie Chaplin short. Haven't decided which one yet.
    Making A Living.

1915 will be tough: The Tramp or The Birth of a Nation

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Two films that I am shocked do not have their own threads, but figured it is kind of pointless to start one for them now;

Before Midnight tore me to shreds emotionally in the best way possible. Best film I have seen in a long time. So moving.

This is the End was a fucking riot. Best comedy I have seen in a long time. I was howling the entire time. Just so ridiculous and awesome.

And since I just posted in the TMNT thread, I got to thinking more about Michael Bay. I know he's a style over substance, a bit out of touch sex and explosion sells kind of guy AND I know he isn't even directing TMNT... but I have to say... I really think it's unfair that he gets such a bad rap.

If you look at his film cannon, I'd break it down like this. I haven't seen Pain and Gain but I've actually heard decent things.

Good
    The Rock
    Armageddon
    Transformers

Average Popcorn Flick
    Pearl Harbour
    Bad Boys
    The Island
    Transformers 3

Absolute Garbage
    Bad Boys II
    Transformers II

There are plenty of filmmakers who have much worse breakdowns then that who get WAY more respect. It seems he only truly sucks when he is trying to make a sequel. I expect to get flamed to oblivion for this post but whatever I don't care.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Best zombie movie ever made.

OOH 'E'S GOT AN ARM OFF!!!
    Last edited by ibanez33; 06-23-2013 at 01:15 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    MOVIES I’VE WATCHED THIS YEAR! (my fav’s in bold)

360, A Bag of Hammers, A Better Life, A Late Quartet, A Life Less Ordinary, A Mighty Wind, A Single Man, Almost Famous, American Psycho, Another Earth, Any Day Now, Any Given Sunday, Art School Confidential, Batman Returns, Before Sunrise, Before Sunset, Bellflower, Big Fan, Blue Like Jazz, Boy, Brick, Bronson, Brooklyn Brothers, Cape Fear, Carlito’s Way, Carnage, Celeste and Jesse Forever, Chaplin, Charlie Wilson’s War, Chinese Zodiac, Cleanskin, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs , Collaborator, Compliance, Cracks, Detachment, Dirty Girl, Django Unchained, Do the Right Thing, Dogtown and Z-Boys, Dogville, Down By Law, Down in the Valley, Drive, Empire Records, Everything Must Go, Fame, Fat Kid Rules the World, Fearless, Flight, Fracture, Funny Games, Gangster Squad, Get the Gringo, Ghost Dog The Way Of The Samurai, Glengarry Glen Ross, Harry Brown, Hawking, He Died With A Felafel In His Hand, Hello I Must Be Going, Hitchc0ck, Hollywood Ending, Holy Smoke, Hounddog, Hyde Park on Hudson, I Am Not A Hipster, In America, In Search of a Midnight Kiss, Inseparable, Into the White, Iris, Jack the Giant Slayer, Jacobs Ladder, Jesus Henry Christ, Junebug, Jurrasic Park 3D, Killer Joe, Killing Them Softly, Last Days, Lawless, Liberal Arts, Life of Pi, Lincoln, Little Birds, London Boulevard, Malcom X, Meek’s Cutoff, Mr Nice, My Awkward Sexual Adventure, My Brother the Devil, Nobody Walks, Not Fade Away, Nothing Personal, On the Road, People Like Us, Perfume - The Story Of A Murderer , Phoebe in Wonderland, Price Check, Promised Land, Return, Requiem For a Dream , Robot and Frank, Rudy, Salmon Fishing in the Yemen, Savages, Save the Date, Secrets and Lies, Serpico, Seven Psychopaths, Shadow Dancer, Side Effects, Silver Linings Playbook, Skyfall, Slacker, Sleepwalk With Me, Smashed, Somebody Up There Likes Me, Something The Lord Made, Stand Up Guys, Started For 10, Stealing Beauty, Super, Sweet and Lowdown, Take Me Home Tonight, Taken 2, Tape, That Evening Sun, The Artist, The Believer, The Big Lebowski , The Brass Teapot, The Company You Keep, The Evil Dead, The Factory, The Giant Mechanical Man, The Girl, The Girl in the Cafe, The Goodnight, The Goonies, The Impossible, The Liability, The Man with the Iron Fists, The Master, The Music Never Stopped, The Oranges, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, The Place Beyond the Pines, The Sessions, The Talented Mr Ripley, The Town, The Unbearable Lightness of Being, The United States of Leland, The Way Back, The We And The I, The Whistleblower, The Wrestler, The Year of Living Dangerously, This Is 40, To Rome With Love, Traffic, Unthinkable, Upside Down, Upstream Colour, Wall Street, Warm Bodies, Wild Bill, Wreck It Ralph, Wristcutters A Love Story, Year Of The Dragon, Zero Dark Thirty

FOREIGNish
    13 Assassins , Amour, Auf der anderen Seite [The Edge of Heaven] , Bir zamanlar Anadolu'da [Once Upon a Time in Anatolia], Bom yeoreum gaeul gyeoul geurigo bom [Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... And Spring] , Celda 211 [Cell 211], Circumstance, Copie conforme [Certified Copy], Darbareye Elly, Das weiße Band - Eine deutsche Kindergeschichte [The White Ribbon], De rouille et d'os [Rust And Bone], Den skaldede frisør [Love Is All You Need], Elles, Elsker dig for evigt [Open Hearts], Evangelion 1.11 - You Are (Not) Alone, Få meg på, for faen [Turn Me On Dammit], Good Bye Lenin!, In film nist [This Is Not a Film], Kon-Tiki, Kynodontas [Dogtooth] , La môme [La Vie En Rose], La piel que habito [The Skin I Live In], L'Appartement [The Apartment], Låt den rätte komma in [Let the Right One In] , Le Charme Discret De La Bourgeoisie [The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie], Le gamin au vélo [The Kid With A Bike], L'Enfant [The Child], Letters From Iwo Jima, Lucia y el sexo [Sex and Lucia], Mars et Avril, Milyang [Secret Sunshine], Mimi wo sumaseba [Whisper of the Heart], Monsieur Lazhar, Notre jour viendra [Our Day Will Come], Omohide poro poro [Only Yesterday] , Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki [Wolf Children], Oslo, 31. August, Politist, adjectiv [Police, Adjective], Pusher 2, Rare Exports, Rundskop [Bullhead], Shi [Poetry], The Dreamers , Superman ieotdeon sanai [A Man Who Was Superman] , The Intouchables, Tomboy, Trois couleurs –Bleu/Blanc /Rouge [Three Colours – Blue/White/Red], Umi ga kikoeru [Ocean Waves], Un prophète [A Prohpet], Wandafuru Raifu [After Life], Xingu, Yi Yi - A One and a Two

DOCO
    5 Broken Cameras, Bus 174, Hit So Hard, Lords of Dogtown, Shut Up And Play The Hits, All I Can, Bombay Beach, Bones Brigade - An Autobiography, Bully, Crumb, Dave Chappelles Block Party, Foo Fighters - Back and Forth, I Am Trying to Break Your Heart, Justice - A Cross The Universe, loudQUIETloud - A Film About the Pixies, Murderball, Paradise Lost 1 - The Child Murders At Robin Hood Hills, Paradise Lost 2 – Revelations, Paradise Lost 3 – Purgatory, Rush Beyond The Lighted Stage, Samsara, Searching for Sugar Man, Side by Side, Sound City, Super High Me, The Arrested Development Documentary Project, The Interrupters, The Jeffrey Dahmer Files, The.Corporation, The Pixar Story, Undefeated

258 movies in under 6 months... More films than I watched in 2011 when I was acting TRYING to watch a movie a day.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    sheeeeit that's a lot of movies. I usually go for 2 or 3 a week but even then at least 1 of them is a rewatch of something I already like (usually Pulp Fiction or SotD).

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    sheeeeit that's a lot of movies. I usually go for 2 or 3 a week but even then at least 1 of them is a rewatch of something I already like (usually Pulp Fiction or SotD).
    Duder, given the hundreds of thousands of films in existence, it is perhaps appropriate to actually say the title of what you're thinking of, rather than eliciting guesswork. Start of the Day? Sex on the Dead? Suntan of the Dromedary?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Duder, given the hundreds of thousands of films in existence, it is perhaps appropriate to actually say the title of what you're thinking of, rather than eliciting guesswork. Start of the Day? Sex on the Dead? Suntan of the Dromedary?
    I like to think it's Salty on the Dick.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Shaun of The Dead, sorry. I mentioned it 2 or 3 posts up.

Salty on the Dick is next weekend.

edit Just started watching Archer, which is now something I wish I'd done 4 years ago.
    Last edited by ibanez33; 06-23-2013 at 04:55 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Moving along...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Went to see Star Trek: Into Darkness again today, second time, and OH MY GOD. Every bit as good as I remember. Even more brilliant on retrospect, really.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Making A Living.

1915 will be tough: The Tramp or The Birth of a Nation
    Thanks for the suggestions. I appreciate it. Will look into them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    I was never a huge fan of re-watching films a bunch. Of the 258 I've watched this year I've seen 12 (13 if you include Jurrasic Park 3D) of them before and the only reason I watched them was because I bought them on blu ray. I still have another 120 films downloaded and another 250 movies bookmarked.

But yeah, I fucked up my back last September and have been unable to work of follow my other passions like drumming, photography or film MAKING ever since... thus the influx of films. Surgery in two days though

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sa_nick View Post
    I was never a huge fan of re-watching films a bunch. Of the 258 I've watched this year I've seen 12 (13 if you include Jurrasic Park 3D) of them before and the only reason I watched them was because I bought them on blu ray. I still have another 120 films downloaded and another 250 movies bookmarked.

But yeah, I fucked up my back last September and have been unable to work of follow my other passions like drumming, photography or film MAKING ever since... thus the influx of films. Surgery in two days though
    a) that's impressive

b) sorry to hear. good luck in surgery!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Picked up Jack Reacher(?) and the newest GI JOE. The redbox had not a lot to choose from and i've pretty well picked over the library at this point. Recently watched Detachment which if bleak was pretty good. I also tried to watch Burning Man in the same night but it proved to much solitary introspection so finished it up the next day. Still on the fence about going to see The Man of Steel, just not sure if i wan't to spend the moneys.

As for rewatching movies i have a handful that i turn to fairly often, office space, clerks 2, waiting, and some others as well. Though i generally choose comedies as they tend to be mainly for background and brooding over Apocalypse Now while trying to get my knit on doesn't really do it for me.
    Last edited by Pillfred; 06-25-2013 at 05:45 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    the last 2 eps of hannibal

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I'm only through 3 seasons of Archer but oh my god, I LOVE IT! It's like the animated, drunken love-child of James Bond and Seinfeld.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I just rewatched Zeitgeist. Very interesting/sickening film.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Finally got around to the third season of Bob's Burgers and man I love this show. I was really bummed when I heard it may be cancelled, but people started to wake up . Plus, the second season only had 9 episodes which sucked. Tina is just hilarious.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Saw After Earth yesterday, a new sci-fi drama from M. Night Shyamalan with Will & Jaden Smith. All good reasons not to go, except there was no English version of despicable me and all the other movies were crap or Star Trek: Into Darkness.
    So... not as bad as I'd expected, actually. Just a pretty fun movie, gorgeously shot, with some solid ideas and a lame but engaging story. Jaden Smith's starting to learn how to act, and Will Smith is actually impressive. M. Night only took the tricks from his playbook that actually work in this movie, and he is a very competent director, so...
    Not bad.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    About to watch The Departed, heard a ton of great things about it but never actually checked it out.

Holy fucking shit that was awesome
    Last edited by ibanez33; 06-30-2013 at 05:19 AM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sa_nick View Post
    MOVIES I’VE WATCHED THIS YEAR! (my fav’s in bold)

wall of movies

258 movies in under 6 months... More films than I watched in 2011 when I was acting TRYING to watch a movie a day.
    are you on flickchart by chance?

if not you should check it out, rob sheridan's even got an account on there. it's a pretty cool site for film buffs.

Oh and i just watched Hope Springs with my folks, haha it was kinda awkward cause they're sort of exactly like the couple having troubles in that movie.. well not exactly but close.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 06-30-2013 at 04:45 AM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Watched this over the weekend. Great idea for a movie that fails because of poor execution. Cage is pretty great in it especially towards the end. I liked how this movie was less about vampires than it was about mental illness. Next time I saw a street person muttering nonsense out loud, it made me think twice.