Page 35 of 155 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 135 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 4626

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Sound City.

This shit's awesome. All there is to really say. I love seeing all of this stuff, seeing how things like this unfold and how they influence the music I listen to and draw inspiration from. If you love music, watch it.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Jesus Christ!! What did I just watch?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sentient02970 View Post
    Jesus Christ!! What did I just watch?
    That was totally fucked up. I knew Almodovar could go dark but fuck.... he went all out with this one and knocked it out of the park. That's why he's one of the masters of cinema right now.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I thought the photography and direction was amazing but boy that story was unexpected. Bam!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Just saw Spring Breakers and I loooooved it. If you're already a Harmony Korine fan, this thing will blow your mind. It also features the greatest homage to Britney Spears that there could ever be.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Finished season 3 last night. More and more intense. Think I'll skip today and savor the last four seasons more sparingly. Damn I loved (and still) love this show.
    Finished season 5 tonight. Might actually give it a rest for a bit and try to savor the last two seasons. I know how it all ended but my memory of the show is largely blank for some reason. I see stuff and it suddenly comes back to me.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Scott Walker: 30th Century Man

Quite interesting, but I can't help thinking that Walker might have become a little crazy during the recording process of The Drift, which maybe fills too much time in this documentary. Or let's say, the documentary contains a tiny bit too much advertising and praise. I thought there was too little of his BBC show and his supposedly forgettable cover albums of the 70s (which I haven't heard at all) and nothing about 'Til the Band Comes In'.
    Last edited by ambergris; 03-15-2013 at 03:53 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Silent Hill Revelations.

What the fuck did I just watch? Did I get sucked into some sort of shitty time warp of all things stupid?

I'll say that the nod to Downpour at the very end was kinda clever, I didn't see that coming. But everything else, literally EVERYTHING else, was trash. I can safely say I liked the first one more. Not by much, but still.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    hahaha Skin I Live In was nuts! such a good crazy film!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Rambo (4) was on last night. There's something satisfying about watching Stallone turn guys into spaghetti sauce with a .50 cal. It's funny how that series went from a body count of one in First Blood to "all of Burma" in Rambo.

Anyway, I just started watching the remake of Red Dawn. Should at least be entertaining.

UPDATE: It wasn't.

FURTHER UPDATE: Who would have thought an episode of "How it's Made" about sparkplugs could be sexy? "They slide in easy, because of the lubricant". AAAAAAAAW yeah.
    Last edited by Fixer808; 03-17-2013 at 10:28 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Devil. You know, the evil elevator movie. And this just happened. It's worth a watch, trust me.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Just finished From Beyond.
    Really liked it.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    Devil. You know, the evil elevator movie. And this just happened. It's worth a watch, trust me.
    Oh wow. Now I know I need to see this movie with friends and lots of alcohol around.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    God I love Fawlty Towers...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    More gratitutious nakedness in Spartacus War of the Dammed!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miss k bee View Post
    More gratitutious nakedness in Spartacus War of the Dammed!
    That is a fucking good show. The last episode was awesome. I just love the back-and-forth of who can outwit who between Spartacus and Crassus.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I've been watching Strike Back, currently on season 2.. with 4 eps to go.

It's a shame Richard Armitage couldn't stick around i liked his character.

Damn Hobbit filming....

Also completely crazy seeing Andrew Lincoln in season 1... all cleaned up and not a zombie in sight.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Yes Crassus is badass!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    So I finally bought a blu ray player and upgraded my surround system yesterday. My first blu ray disc bought today, watching tonight:

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Right, time to finally watch The Hobbit!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Fuck, that was an intense episode of Spartacus: War of the Damned. Right now, I really hate that little shit Tiberius. He's not a man. He's a smug, arrogant, dishonorable little shit who has men helping him do his dirty work and they take the fall for him while taking the joy out of killing with honor.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Just got out of a screening of Spring Breakers awhile ago, it's easily one of the best films I've seen at the theater in quite sometime and easily one of the best (if not THE BEST) piece of film by Harmony Korine...which is tough because I loved Gummo and Trash Humpers.

Spring Breakers is dark, funny, incredibly shot and super smart with it's pacing and writing.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

What Are You Watching?

Quote Originally Posted by sentient02970 View Post
    So I finally bought a blu ray player and upgraded my surround system yesterday. My first blu ray disc bought today, watching tonight:

Of course that is THE movie to play first. Well done.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    halfway through the remake of Wicker Man (the version with Nicholas Cage which was apparently written & directed by Neil Labute), but with Rifftrax. the movie is abominable, especially in comparison to the odd but charming and actually suspenseful original, but the riffing is incredible, and they even made a joke about Trent.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Village Of The Dammed. The Christopher Reeve version. Beautiful Devil Children. Its really funny. Love the scene where the woman puts her arm in boiling water. And when the beautiful devil children kill the old drunk guy.

True Romance - Bizarre but simple story at the same time. What a cast. Gary Oldman and Brad Pitt have brilliant cameos. RIP Tony Scott.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I just watched Rock of Ages on HBO... holy shit that was bad. Only Paul Giamatti, Tom Cruise, and Tom Cruise's monkey were the only things in that film that kept it from being a total disaster. Everyone else though was just awful. Alec Baldwin and Russell Brand singing "Can't Fight This Feeling Anymore" was just cringe-worthy to the point that it got too gay. Julianne Hough is a fine-ass chick but she could neither sing nor act to save her life. The guy who played her boyfriend just fucking sucks. It's now in my on-going list of Worst Films Ever.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Watched the pilot episode of Bates Motel earlier, pretty good! If the rest of the show keeps up it'll be one of my favorites, as long as they don't try to drag it out too long.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Saw 2 films today, How to Survive a Plague (which was great) and Stoker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quantum Leap
    I was afraid it would not age well. It is pretty corny and ridiculous some times but it was the early nineties. Its still a good show. It pisses me off that netflix does not have all the episodes streaming. The first three episodes are missing.
    Last edited by Bluegirl; 03-24-2013 at 10:07 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Re: What Are You Watching?

I know. Hulu has em all.

Love quantum leap. Too bad the Lee Harvey Oswald eps aren't there either