Page 33 of 155 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 133 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

What Are You Watching?

Just saw Drive. Holy shit, so good!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    watched "The Hole" yesterday. i hadn't realized how many of Joe Dante's films i love (explorers, gremlins, small soldiers). this one was pretty good. i actually felt like a lot of the actors were UNDER-acting their reactions to horrifying situations, but maybe i'm just a weenie?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Baywatch so dated! Slim thread of a story weaved around endless shots of half naked beach bodies. Crap we used to watch back then!

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    In my news, re-watching Horrible Bosses. Funny shit.
    It was a pleasant surprise. I had gotten sick of raunchy comedies, but this one actually had some brains. The main characters were likeable enough to care about, more so than the ones in The Hangover. I enjoyed it.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Just got into the show "24". It has pretty much everything you would want in an action/political show.. and it sucked me right in. Definitely liked season 1 better than season 2 so far.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: What Are You Watching?

I never finished season two. I should go back and finish it...someday. first season is awesome minus the wife/daughter parts.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I never finished season two. I should go back and finish it...someday. first season is awesome minus the wife/daughter parts.
    Ha! I agree. The daughter and wife storylines are really annoying and tedious at times. The daughters timeline seems to be the worst as well in the second season; I'm about mid-way right now and it is getting a lot more intense. Jack Bauer is the freakin' man!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    It was a pleasant surprise. I had gotten sick of raunchy comedies, but this one actually had some brains. The main characters were likeable enough to care about, more so than the ones in The Hangover. I enjoyed it.
    The casting was great, especially Colin Farrell as a balding coke-head asshole! And I don't even LIKE Colin Farrell!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    The casting was great, especially Colin Farrell as a balding coke-head asshole! And I don't even LIKE Colin Farrell!
    I really with there was more of him in the movie. "We gotta trim some of the fat around here, we'll start with large marge"..

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

What Are You Watching?

Season seven of Futurama just dropped on Netflix instant watch. Holy crap the nature episode!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Season seven of Futurama just dropped on Netflix instant watch. Holy crap the nature episode!
    So many feels in that season. I love how they've been fucking around in the last episode of each season since the reboot. It's cool to see them explore different stuff.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

*me a fucking wreck at the end*

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    *me a fucking wreck at the end*
    Same here. I had burst in tears halfway through.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    my girlfriend and i were supposed to see 2001: A Space Odyssey in 70mm at the Music Box Theatre in Chicago tonight (opening night of the week-long 70mm festival), but the DTS CDs with all of the audio were fucked up, and they couldn't get them to load, so they had to cancel (after we got into the theater late due to Vertigo [also in 70mm] starting late because the power was out for two hours earlier in the afternoon for an entire four-block section). hopefully they get it fixed soon because they're supposed to show it three or four more times throughout the week.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I would kill to see ANY Kubrick in a theater, but especially 2001.

And... maybe with some herbal remedies on hand IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. Oops, said the loud part quiet and the quiet part loud...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Saw Beasts of the Southern Wild yesterday. Beautiful film. Does a great job of presenting the world through the eyes of a little girl. You can almost feel that magic is always just around the corner, even amidst the ruin and misery. At times it was very moving. And I teared up during those times, I teared up like a little bitch.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

If you want to see the full, uncut Ninjas vs Kung Fu madness, I recommend watching the whole thing. For the weird final showdown, skip to 1:13:50.

It's dubbed, but that just adds more weird...

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Now to see if Seth MacFarlane manages to make an ass of himself hosting the Oscars.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Holy shit Kristen Stewart is a borderline troglodyte. Go back on your DVR...she mumbled first, and then just before Daniel Radcliffe spoke, she let out this massive grunt. I'm not even joking.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Go easy on her, her programming is still trying to parse how these human "emotions" work.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    JOE-BOMB. Love that guy...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Wow, that must have been one of the worst Oscar opening skits I can remember, if not the worst! Seth MacFarlane's jokes (are they actually the host's? I've never cleared that up) were so completely...well...juvenile, in the worst possible sense! Most of his jokes later on were also mostly cringe-inducing. Only during the final third or so did he become tolerable, when he sticked to a few quips here and there.

Also, does anyone else think that as years go by, Oscar acceptance speeches become less and less interesting? I mean, I'm pretty sure winners used to have a couple more things to say than and endless array of people they want to thank, and their families, always their families! Of course I don't mean everyone needs to have an extensively rehearsed, witty speech, but it seems they've hit the other extreme now.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Kristen Stewart (with bad foot) still was not as bad as Renee Zellweger, what was her and her face on!!! She was gone man!
    Last edited by miss k bee; 02-26-2013 at 06:11 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
    Wow, that must have been one of the worst Oscar opening skits I can remember, if not the worst! Seth MacFarlane's jokes (are they actually the host's? I've never cleared that up) were so completely...well...juvenile, in the worst possible sense! Most of his jokes later on were also mostly cringe-inducing. Only during the final third or so did he become tolerable, when he sticked to a few quips here and there.
    Well, no duh. Have you never seen any of his shows? I find it hilarious that people are acting so surprised and offended by his hosting.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    Well, no duh. Have you never seen any of his shows? I find it hilarious that people are acting so surprised and offended by his hosting.
    Well, I know of him, but I wouldn't say I know him enough to expect whether his jokes would be successful or not. I have never watched Family Guy and I did see Ted. I am not familiar with anything else he's done. Nevertheless, whatever his intrinsic humour, I would expect a slight adaptation to the crowd that was watching him.

Also, it's not about the offensiveness of the jokes. I am definitely not a fan of political correctness and there is a conceivable margin (albeit a very, very thin one) where racist and sexist jokes can get honest laughs even from the "targeted" parties. It's just that they were mostly bad jokes. Completely unimaginative and out-of-place.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Seth MacFarlane was one of the bitchiest hosts ever. I happen to like a bitchy host. My favorite of his jokes:

“Argo tells the previously classified story about an American hostage rescue in post-revolutionary Iran. The story was so top secret that the film’s director is unknown to the Academy.”

“Daniel Day-Lewis, your process fascinates me. You were totally 100% in character as Lincoln during the making of the movie… So when you saw a cell phone, would you have to go,’Oh my God, what’s that?!’ If you bumped into Don Cheadle on the studio lot, did you try to free him? How deep did your method go?

“(...) I would argue, though, the actor who really got inside Lincoln’s head was John Wilkes Booth.” [the audience groans] “Really, 150 years and it’s still too soon? I’ve got some Napoleon jokes coming up–you guys are going to be so mad.”

“Up next: Rex Reed will give us his review of Adele's performance.” (to get this one, you had to have prior knowledge of the whole Rex Reed review controversy)

[introducing Meryl Streep] “Our next presenter needs no introduction.” [walks off the stage] (now that was something else)

And I liked the We Saw Your Boobs song. I hope that next year, they'll do a We Saw Your Dick one.

My heart skipped a beat though when Jennifer Lawrence fell but she handled that like a true pro. And as far as I saw, there were only two real gentlemen in that place: Jean Dujardin and Hugh Jackman.

What this show needed, however, was a true crazy moment à la Cuba Gooding Jr or à la Roberto Benigni.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Seth MacFarlane was one of the bitchiest hosts ever. I happen to like a bitchy host. My favorite of his jokes:

“Argo tells the previously classified story about an American hostage rescue in post-revolutionary Iran. The story was so top secret that the film’s director is unknown to the Academy.”

“Daniel Day-Lewis, your process fascinates me. You were totally 100% in character as Lincoln during the making of the movie… So when you saw a cell phone, would you have to go,’Oh my God, what’s that?!’ If you bumped into Don Cheadle on the studio lot, did you try to free him? How deep did your method go?

“(...) I would argue, though, the actor who really got inside Lincoln’s head was John Wilkes Booth.” [the audience groans] “Really, 150 years and it’s still too soon? I’ve got some Napoleon jokes coming up–you guys are going to be so mad.”

“Up next: Rex Reed will give us his review of Adele's performance.” (to get this one, you had to have prior knowledge of the whole Rex Reed review controversy)

[introducing Meryl Streep] “Our next presenter needs no introduction.” [walks off the stage] (now that was something else)

And I liked the We Saw Your Boobs song. I hope that next year, they'll do a We Saw Your Dick one.

My heart skipped a beat though when Jennifer Lawrence fell but she handled that like a true pro. And as far as I saw, there were only two real gentlemen in that place: Jean Dujardin and Hugh Jackman.

What this show needed, however, was a true crazy moment à la Cuba Gooding Jr or à la Roberto Benigni.
    My favorite was: