Page 89 of 155 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 139 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,670 of 4626

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    So after watching Anomolisa and rewatching Adaptation for literally like the 10th time, i realized that i REALLY adore screenwriter Charlie Kaufman.
    And so i watched Synedoche NewYork.
    I've been really depressed lately and this fucking movie made me want to kill myself.
    It's like a crazy fever dream about how we are all hurtling towards death at an alarming rate.
    Still, i'd recommend it, but make sure your outlook on life is pretty positive when you watch it. Jesus it was rough.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    last week, my wife and i finished our watch-through of Star Trek TOS.
    on thursday, we watched Wrath Of Khan (decided to skip The Motion Picture since it's a) boring and b) basically a 2-hour version of The Changeling episode)
    tonight, we watched Search For Spock (which i LOVE, as did my wife. do not understand the hate for that one at all)
    hoping we watch Voyage Home tomorrow (which was my favorite as a kid)

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Youth (2015), by Paolo Sorrentino. This movie should have gotten an award for directing, or at least for cinematography. Fucking GORGEOUS, and it's got some clever jabs on Hollywood itself.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Just got Hannibal season 3 through Amazon. I'm so excited to watch it. One of my favorite shows, without a doubt.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    last week, my wife and i finished our watch-through of Star Trek TOS.
    on thursday, we watched Wrath Of Khan (decided to skip The Motion Picture since it's a) boring and b) basically a 2-hour version of The Changeling episode)
    tonight, we watched Search For Spock (which i LOVE, as did my wife. do not understand the hate for that one at all)
    hoping we watch Voyage Home tomorrow (which was my favorite as a kid)
    Wrath and Search are a brilliant 1+2 punch of Trek cinema.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Deutschland 83

The Night Manager

Trapped

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

What Are You Watching?

Enjoying The Night Manager so far.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Finished Broadchurch, season 1. Good stuff. Finale was rough.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    John Travolta's face in The People v OJ Simpson

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Just watched The Room. What a gloriously insane film. After watching, be sure to check out the Wikipedia page for this one.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Colony, with Sawyer and Sara Trancedi. It's essentially Half-Life 2 without a kick-ass scientist wielding a gravity gun.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Making a Murderer. Sickening. I feel so bad for the kid, he got royally fucked by everyone...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cashpiles View Post
    Just watched The Room. What a gloriously insane film. After watching, be sure to check out the Wikipedia page for this one.
    the other day, my mom says "i'm going to rent a movie on amazon, i'll pay you back, ok?" and i ask her what movie. she replies "the room!" and i ask "do you mean just Room? because i don't think you want to watch The Room." she says "no, i'm pretty sure it's The Room." so i ask her what it's about (a woman being kidnapped and then giving birth while in captivity), and assure her that she's talking about "Room", not the room. she still doesn't believe me, so i send her the trailer for The Room and go, "how sure are you now?" hahaha

i also convinced her not to watch Room because it was her birthday and i was like "are you sure you want to spend all night crying?"

anyway, my wife and i just watched Star Trek: Generations (after finishing our run of the original series films). i never noticed before, but for a two-hour movie, it feels really short. like...not that much actually happens, which is weird. they could have done a better job with it, but it's still entertaining. super excited for First Contact, though, as that's always been my favorite.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Catching up on American Crime Story. The only things it has in common with American Horror Story are Sarah Paulson as a main character and Ryan Murphy directing the first two episodes (then staying as exec producer along with Brad Falchuk). But, fuck me, is it one of the most entertaining shows I've seen lately. Great directing, superb performances (everybody practically steals the show from each other), excellent dialogue, and god damn HILARIOUS.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Joy. I get what David O. Russell was trying to do, he wanted to tell an inspiring story about a crafty woman that doesn't stick to the cliches of a biopic, but, seemingly, it had all the cliches and calculated dramatic beats of a biopic. However, it was the first movie where I actually liked Jennifer Lawrence. I mean, I always thought she was a good actress, but I never was a fan of hers until now. Maybe because Joy was the first character she played that I actually could relate to.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    X-Files Season 5.
    Great times <3

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    My Beautiful Broken Brain is a documentary on Netflix about a stroke victim who wound up with altered sensory perception that "made her feel like she was in a David Lynch movie."
    She reached out to David Lynch, and he produced it.
    My wife is also a huge David Lynch fan, and she sure got a big kick out of it and related to it quite a bit, given the bit of brain damage she has suffered. While Sheap's problems aren't nearly as bad as the girl in the documentary, Sheap connected with this one on a level that brought tears to both of our eyes.
    I would say it's a must see for any Lynch fan and anyone who has suffered any kind of brain injury or has a good friend or family member who has.
    It is new on netflix.

(T)error is on the PBS app (under POV i think,) and it's a 60 something ex Black Panther turned fbi asset who investigates possible domestic terrorists. I seriously don't know how he got away with making this movie. I guess he just decided "fuck it," because he let the filmmakers capture all kinds of things that i would assume to be classified, and he also puts his face and name on camera, which very well may prove to be highly detrimental to his health. Check it out soon, because if today isn't the last day its airing, then the last day is pretty soon.

edit: I really liked the french drama "the returned" after all. Thanks for the tip @theruiner .
    And the mrs has been watching Californication. I get some laughs when i catch a few episodes with her.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    The Butcher's Wife

good old 90s feel good romantic comedy. exactly what we needed as my wife is home sick today with a 101° temperature and i'm not feeling to hot myself.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Great Expectations(1998): I rewatched this movie several times over the years, on TV or when a friend is playing it. I really like it for some reason. I think its because the cinematography is absolutely gorgeous, and I tend to be a sucker for good cinematography. Its done by Alfonso Cuaron, who did Gravity and Children of Men, and he elevated this movie beyond its fairly basic script. It also has some nice performances: Ethan Hawke is an actor I've always liked(and seems oddly underrated, even though he's been around forever), Gwyneth Paltrow was never more attractive to me than in she is in here, and Ann Bancroft and De Niro kill it in small roles.

Its a movie that I actually wish was longer, and I usually don't usually think that. It could've benefitted from a few more character scenes and a little more patience in the editing pace. The script seems a bit barebones, but the talent involved get a lot out of it.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    vice has been putting out some amazing stuff lately. i love gaycation. my mom turned me onto it. and last night's balls deep in provincetown for bear week was ... interesting. it kind of marginalized my subculture as sex-obsessed. i've been to bear week and there's so much more than assless chaps and public sex.

anyway, still worth watching (but i hope to god my mom didn't watch it).

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    billy on the street!

also impractical jokers and that ridic carbonaro effect.

reruns.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Two musical badasses just chilling and talking:

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    That's one of my favorite shorts from that film and the short won a short film Palme d'Or at the 1993 Cannes Film Festival.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    That was such a cool movie. Not every pairing landed, but the ones that worked really fuckin' worked. Iggy and Waits was perfect, and the Bill Murray one was great as well. Really relaxing little indie that's just a great sort of time-killing mood piece. It's one of those things where if I see it's on, it immediately goes on in the background regardless of what I'm up to.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Has anyone been watching The Path on HULU?!

This show is blowing my mind. It's so fucking creepy and unsettling. I love how they name drop all these terms the cult has but then never actually explains them. Its such a fucking mystery.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    I loved this short film as a kid. It's even better than I remembered.

The "special thanks" at the end list Gareth Edwards of Star Wars: Rogue One fame.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Wasted my eyes watching the film Knock Knock, if I went to the cinema I would want a refund on my ticket, my god what happened to Keanu Reeves?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    My girl is rewatching HBO's Six Feet Under on HBO Go... we're on the second season at the moment.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    New season of Sailor Moon Crystal: the animation has vastly improved and Usagi is closer in character to the original show/manga.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Those females are strong
    as
    hell