9 Post(s)
    Despicable Me.

That was weird.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Horrible Bosses - not as funny as I thought it would be

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Weeds!! Got to season 6 in about two weeks. Not liking the lack of "Weed" in the later seasons.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    From the Sky Down, Davis Guggenheim's docu on how U2 got to Achtung Baby. I should happened across it waiting for another CSI rerun, and ended up watching the whole thing. It was fascinating, and actually quite moving. There's a large portion of them listening to DAT tapes from the Hansa Studio recordings, and at one point you see Bono looking up, almost pointing his ears, straining to listen, and he goes 'Is this the first time we played this?' I usually don't think of him as a musician or someone who creates music, but that image was really moving.
    On the whole, I thought it was very good. Definitely recommend it, even if you don't like U2 very much.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    The Wire = crack

That is all.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The Avengers - the notorious 1998 remake with Uma Thurman and Ralph Finnes. What the fuck went wrong there!! A BOMB in every shape way of form, definition of a big budget failure and how NOT to make a film.
    Its like they shot it, ran out of money or time or something and just pieced it all together in desperation, studio pressure money etc. everything got muddled in the production by the sounds of it. Lack of communication. The film was like a weird montage of things that dont make sense. Uma Thurmans British accent was dreadful. She looks hot though in that black tight suit. mmmm.
    but what a mess. messiest film ever.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Finally watched Planet of the Apes, I must say it was about as good as i had heard it was. I'm actually looking forward to the next one. Also i watched Super 8, though i will say i really liked it and thought it was a well done movie It left me not really wanting to see it again. Today i rented The Hangover 2 cause i need to mindless fluff in my life right now.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Just finished season two of The Wire. Really good, I have to say. The ending was a bit of a letdown, but other than that, it was a good season. I still don't think it lives up to the hype, but it's definitely a good show and I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    season 3 its when it really starts kickin in, atleast it was for me

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    yep, season 3 is where it's at. season 4 is still my favorite though. could have lived without season 5.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    CSI, season 1. Figured I'd give it a try, considering I already saw season 4 in bits and pieces over the past few years

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sallos View Post
    season 3 its when it really starts kickin in, atleast it was for me
    Quote Originally Posted by konstantin View Post
    yep, season 3 is where it's at. season 4 is still my favorite though. could have lived without season 5.
    Part of me wanted to wait on season three, but after hearing all the praise I decided to just start in right away. So...first episode tonight. If this season is like the first two, I'll be done in about a week or less.

Also, the more I watch this show, the more and more I really want to re-watch The Shield. One of these days.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    ARCHER

DANGER zoonnnneeeee....

(ten characters, I guess.)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The Ledge - I think the characters in this existed only for the filmmaker to argue about religion. The cool confident atheist with all the answers against the psychotic overly-religious guy who naturally spews extremist crap. Terrance Howard's sideplot was overdramatic, pointless, and laughably forced into connecting to the "message" by the end. At least you see Liv Tyler's boobs I guess. What a piece of shit movie. Seriously avoid.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Can someone tell me what happens in the end of The Devil Inside? I want to know why Rotten Tomatoes has titled it "The worst ending in recent memory".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    From reading a couple of reviews it appears that the complaint is the movie has no real ending, it just cuts out at a point where the "tape runs out".

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    It really did have a terrible ending. It does just a bit more after it cuts off where the "the tape ran out," and I've gotta say, whoever came up with the idea to do that at the end if a movie clearly had no idea what the hell they were thinking.

I saw it tonight, and let me just say that the audience laughed trough a good chunk of the movie, myself included, and literally eeeveryone in there boo-d the ending in some way. First person I heard said "That's some straight up buuullshit!"

It had a couple of parts that were good, like David's little "episodes," but other than that, I can totally get behind the "contender for worst film of 2012" statement I read somewhere.

Edit: If you want a little more detail on the ending, Shoot me a pm, because I don't want to ruin it for anyone wanting to see it themselves. But I will say right now: I wanted this movie to be good, too, but it really wasn't. Save your time and money!
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 01-07-2012 at 12:33 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    Edit: If you want a little more detail on the ending, Shoot me a pm, because I don't want to ruin it for anyone wanting to see it themselves. But I will say right now: I wanted this movie to be good, too, but it really wasn't. Save your time and money!

Could you just spoiler it to avoid all the PMs? I'm curious but not curious enough to sit through the movie.

Edit: of course googling it does the trick too. It's not really a spoiler unless you're some kind of masochist who wants to sit through the movie for the pleasure of seeing first hand the audacity of the film makers. But I'll spoiler it anyway.
    Spoiler: Apparently after the tape cuts out there is a web site link to therossifiles*com (it appears to be down at the moment) where you can find out more about the case. Yup, pretty lame.
    Last edited by Delusional; 01-07-2012 at 12:17 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusional View Post
    Spoiler: Apparently after the tape cuts out there is a web site link to therossifiles*com (it appears to be down at the moment) where you can find out more about the case. Yup, pretty lame.
    Wow, that's just fucking dumb. I typically don't read spoilers like this, but since I'd probably never get around to watching this movie, I decided to peek. Wow. Spoiler: It's like a 90min ad for a website about a fake story.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Just now, The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp by Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger. It was brilliant. A story about a British soldier's life in the span of 3 wars, 4 decades, and through different women all played by Deborah Kerr. Man, she was hot!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Boy did Apollo 18 indeed, suck.

I recommend Tyrannosaur. Brutal, and uneasy watching, but great.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    We just did a Disneython (my sister and I): The Rescuers (brilliant!), Robin Hood (perfect!) and The Emperor's New Groove (still one of my favourite later Disneys). God, these movies are just so much fun!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    AAAAAAAAAAA!!! Motherfucking Fringe, why you gotta be so awesome?! Just watched the season 3 finale!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Season 3 was fantastic! At first I didn't think I would like it, and I hated the whole Olivia/Belly thing, but the last arc more than made up for it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The Iron Lady - Meryl Streep is as ever magnificent, she can inhabit anyone it seems like, truly one of the best actresses of all time.
    However it was a weird film, very, very strange film. Not what you expect at all. Its a film about dementia, they focused more on Margaret's Thatchers current mental illness than her political career.
    I had heard it was disappointing, but thats*because*I thought it was going to glorify her and water down her negative policies.

Its not about politics its about a mentally ill woman reflecting on having an extraordinary life. And once being a titan.

All the events are through Flashback. Its actually a really sad, dark film about a frail old lady being unable to get over her dead husband.

But the general vibe is that its just and ODD picture. I cant make sense of what the film was trying to do. Was a bit of a mess really. But the only reason i can think of to see it is Meryl Streep.
    Last edited by Highly Psychological; 01-08-2012 at 10:08 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    AAAAAAAAAAA!!! Motherfucking Fringe, why you gotta be so awesome?! Just watched the season 3 finale!
    just finished watching season 2 over again, now onto the craziness that is season 3!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Yesterday, I purchased Lars von Trier's The Kingdom I for my Auteurs piece on the director. I just watched the first episode. Holy fuck!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I saw Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy last night, and I was really excited for it, but was really underwhelmed by it. Nowhere near as good as I hoped it would be.