Page 48 of 155 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 148 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 4627

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Walking Dead
    Started off kind of meh for me but now I'm in the second season and I think I'm fairly well hooked in. I guess it just took me a bit to give a shit about the characters.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

What Are You Watching?

About to watch the first episode of House of Cards...

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Im watching The Wire. Faced with numerous comparisons to breaking bad and its immense critical acclaim i really had no choice.

STill its no where near living up tobits hype, almost done with season 1. I enjoy it but is there somewhere where it really takes off or is this basically it?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Re: What Are You Watching?

Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Im watching The Wire. Faced with numerous comparisons to breaking bad and its immense critical acclaim i really had no choice.

STill its no where near living up tobits hype, almost done with season 1. I enjoy it but is there somewhere where it really takes off or is this basically it?
    I would say so, takes a bit to get rolling but once it takes off its a really solid show. Though your mileage may vary. I'd say give season 2 a go if you're not into it by then it may not be for you.

*Walking Dead pretty much has me at this point.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post

It took until near the end of the first season for me to really get into it. Does help if you have subtitles on, what with the thick accents, fast and clipped delivery, occasionally dodgy recording/mixing, dense jargon and constant stream of names that haven't been properly connected to faces. But once you do get into it... long-term evolving storyline, developed characters you grow to care about, poignant and thought-provoking writing.

Unfortunately it tries very hard to shake off the viewer at season 2, with a new set of characters that it'll take you a long time to give the slightest bit of a shit about, but it does get back on form later. Seasons 3 and 4 are 100% awesome, and some of the very best TV I've ever seen.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Was watching the D-Day scene from Saving Private Ryan, and was reminded of when it came out. Saw it in theater, and the next day my dad mentioned to my grandpa that the Normandy landing scene was incredible and that he should go see the movie. To which my grandpa replied "I've seen it already, thanks [subtext, "when I landed on Juno Beach that same day"]."

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

What Are You Watching?

Unbreakable (first time watching)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

What Are You Watching?

Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Yeeesssh, I liked that film a lot and analyzed it in film class, but yeeeeshhh.

The Goldbergs. Meh.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Wanted.

Last night was Escape from New York.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Got the first three discs of Band of Brothers. I've seen bits of it but never the whole series. Should be perfect for this cold rainy night.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    my fiancee and i started Sleepy Hollow (the tv series) last night.

1. ichabod is HOT. my fiancee NEVER thinks anyone (except crispin glover & chris corner) is hot, and we were both oogling him. it was great.
    2. i really had no idea what the premise of the show was, and i'm kinda glad, because it really surprised me, and it's really good.
    3. it actually scared me intensely at several points, and not just cheap scares...really made me feel afraid.
    4. orlando jones looks so much like jeff goldblum that i keep expecting him to start goldbluming.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Just got through watching Pacific Rim for the first time, it was everything I thought it would be and more. Brought out my inner 8 year old as well. Growing up with Transformers and the old Godzilla films. Pretty damn awesome. Highly recommend it if you like Mechs, Monster movies, or both.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    Got the first three discs of Band of Brothers. I've seen bits of it but never the whole series. Should be perfect for this cold rainy night.
    Love it, but wasn't as enamored with The Pacific.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Me, You and Everyone We Know
    (best sub plot ever)
    ))<>((

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Walking Dead S3 - tensing up nicely
    True Blood S6 - starting to lose interest
    Glee S5 - I have a love/hate thing with Glee, very touching Finn episode, but glad it is finishing next season.

Alex Cross - meh, how many clichés can you put in an action film?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

What Are You Watching?

Bill Maher.

Holy crap, Chris Matthews is a much better panelist than host on MSNBC. I do like when a liberal has good things to say about politicians working together at one time (Reagan and Tip O'Neill) unlike the dingle berries in Washington these days.

Oliver Stone, well he's an interesting dude to say the least.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Season 8 of "It's Always Sunny...". LET'S DO THIS THING.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    Just got through watching Pacific Rim for the first time, it was everything I thought it would be and more. Brought out my inner 8 year old as well. Growing up with Transformers and the old Godzilla films. Pretty damn awesome. Highly recommend it if you like Mechs, Monster movies, or both.
    Yeah just saw the movie tonight. It was fun! It reminded me of a cross between Mech and Godzilla. Def better then I thought it would be def a fun movie that is for sure! Good cast too!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Man.. just watched "Europa Report". Pretty dam good sci-fi film right here!! Great cast, very creepy feels so real at times.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Dark Shadows Tim Burton.... I'm liking it so far which is surprising as I'm not usually a fan of Burton. Also I watched the newest Star Trek last night, that was pretty good as well.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

What Are You Watching?

I'm watching, mr brooks

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    BlackFish is on CNN now.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Fright Night 2 a new one? It's just a rehash of the first movie so far its not terrible.

This Is The End, is fucking hilarious on the other hand.
    Last edited by Pillfred; 10-30-2013 at 02:46 PM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I've been watching Parks & Rec uncontrollably for the last week or 2. I'm about halfway through season 5 already.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tums206_BFY View Post
    Just caught up on the series Suits after a friend recommended it to me. All 22 Episodes were up On Demand (Comcast) and the last 6 episodes of the 2nd season kicks off tonight. It has been a decent show have definitely liked the overall cohesiveness of the second season a lot better than the first season and it has some very good characters, even though I don't really like the main character too much I think his mentor makes/star of the show to be honest. Anyways it'll be interesting to see where they continue this second season during the final 6 episodes of it.

I just started watching this show and it's surprisingly good. I agree that the main character isn't that likable but it works somehow. I'm still in the first few episodes of the first season and expect to marathon watch season 1 & 2 by the end of this weekend.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Watching Houseguest starring Sinbad and Phil Hartman on HBO GO. The nostalgia is strong with this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just saw 12 years a slave. I think this is one of those movies that will stay seared in my brain forever.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluegirl View Post
    I just saw 12 years a slave. I think this is one of those movies that will stay seared in my brain forever.
    Right now, that's in top of my list of the best films of 2013 so far...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

What Are You Watching?

Manufacturing Consent: Naom Chomsky and the media