Page 38 of 139 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 88 138 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 4141

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Has anyone watched the pilot episode to Zombieland: the TV Show on Amazon?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: What Are You Watching?

Saw Oblivion earlier. It was pretty good.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Watched Into The Wild, and Seven Psychopaths the other night. I thought both were really good. Seven Psychopaths may be one ill have to buy here soon I think.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Spiderman 2. Just picked up season one of Alcatraz. Might watch that after.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Promise you won't laugh? My new guilty pleasure is My Little Pony. THERE, I SAID IT!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Spiderman 2. Just picked up season one of Alcatraz. Might watch that after.
    you know Alcatraz was cancelled, right?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    you know Alcatraz was cancelled, right?
    Yeah... And i'm STILL pissed about it. I managed the pick up the boxset for 15 bucks off amazon. My procrastination has finally paid off. That show, along with Awake, really didn't get a fair chance imo. I thought they were excellent. Makes me wonder if Lost hadn't started years ago, and started now, would it survive? I don't think so. Doesn't seem like people are into the shows that require brains anymore. I doubt Lost would've lasted a single season if it were to have started in the last couple years.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    The Cabin In The Woods. I lingered through the end credits, obviously.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    just starting through Torchwood for the second time (it's my girlfriend's first time through doctor who & torchwood) and i'm enjoying it a lot more this time than i did the first time.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

What Are You Watching?

Saw Oblivion the other day. I like post apocalyptic stories, but I really don't care for Tom Cruise.

Visuals and music I give an A. Story, a B. Tom, a C.

Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    I just started Lost and i think i'm already in love.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    MTV's Daria looks so dated now!

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miss k bee View Post
    MTV's Daria looks so dated now!
    but it's still SO GOOD.

Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I just started Lost and i think i'm already in love.
    Yeah... well... the first three seasons are some of the best tv ever...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Lost was very good. I finished the entire series last month in about 3 weeks.

Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    I'm watching U-Turn, just because I know that I remember I saw this movie when I was 17 in the theaters.
    It's extremely disturbing that I remember NOTHING from this film. I was hoping that watching it again would jolt my memory as to what the hell happened in this movie. And I'd like to believe that it's just because the movie is so unremarkable that it wasn't worth remembering, but that doesn't seem likely.

I just can't believe that I wasted two hours of my life sitting in a theater watching this frustrating noir bastardization and I didn't even remember what I disliked about it.

Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Lost was very good. I finished the entire series last month in about 3 weeks.
    That's what my mom just did, and she's thinking of watching it again. She has good taste, so i'm checking it out.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I'm watching U-Turn, just because I know that I remember I saw this movie when I was 17 in the theaters.
    It's extremely disturbing that I remember NOTHING from this film. I was hoping that watching it again would jolt my memory as to what the hell happened in this movie. And I'd like to believe that it's just because the movie is so unremarkable that it wasn't worth remembering, but that doesn't seem likely.

I just can't believe that I wasted two hours of my life sitting in a theater watching this frustrating noir bastardization and I didn't even remember what I disliked about it.
    Mid-90's had many forgettable films. Remember "Kalifornia"? Me neither.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I unfortunately remember U-Turn vividly. One of the worst movies with one of the best casts ever assembled (hell, even Ennio Morricone himself did the music). I like Oliver's stuff usually but a few films (this and NBK. I know, sue me) don't hold up for me at all.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    (this and NBK. I know, sue me)
    consider yourself served.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Right now, I'm watching Sitcom by Francois Ozon. Man, it's fucked up. I haven't seen some of his films in some years as I'm currently revisiting his work as well as watch the films of his that I missed out on including Angel, Ricky, Le Refuge, Potiche, and his most recent one.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Broken City. Fucking HATED it. The screenplay was full of plot holes and inconsistencies, the characters were poorly developed and the overall story was mostly uninteresting. I liked Wahlberg's performance, though, he's growing on me as an actor (he has definitely improved over the last four years). Atticus and Co.'s score was pretty good, there were moments where their musical genius was felt throughout, but the awful and rambling dialogue ruined it all for me.

I'm gonna watch Sound City to get my mind off Broken City.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    Mid-90's had many forgettable films. Remember "Kalifornia"? Me neither.
    Kalifornia was good from what I remember. Pitt, Duchovny, Lewis and Forbes all deliver and it's mean, shitty and gritty, a la 90's.
    I should watch it again.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Election was on last night. Probably still the truest portrayal of high school I've seen.

Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    I know a lot of you have already seen this, but i watched the first two seasons of 24 in about 2 weeks. It was fucking RIVETING. But by the time it came round to season three, we had to take a break.
    I love to catch an occasional old twilight zone.
    I just saw a REALLY cool doc called Kumare about a student who posed as a guru, made up nonsense meditations and yoga poses, and developed a group of fucking DISCIPLES. Now that in was pretty thought provoking.
    Oh, and Flight. Good lord, that was just flat out one of the very best movies i've ever seen.
    I've got to mention Bully and then i'll shut up...Bully by the director of Kids, not the doc about bullying people. If you loved kids, you will love this one, IMHO

I spend entirely too much time watching netflix and rambling about utter nonsense on the interwebz.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I am missing Spartacus!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I know a lot of you have already seen this, but i watched the first two seasons of 24 in about 2 weeks. It was fucking RIVETING. But by the time it came round to season three, we had to take a break.
    I love to catch an occasional old twilight zone.
    I just saw a REALLY cool doc called Kumare about a student who posed as a guru, made up nonsense meditations and yoga poses, and developed a group of fucking DISCIPLES. Now that in was pretty thought provoking.
    Oh, and Flight. Good lord, that was just flat out one of the very best movies i've ever seen.
    I've got to mention Bully and then i'll shut up...Bully by the director of Kids, not the doc about bullying people. If you loved kids, you will love this one, IMHO

I spend entirely too much time watching netflix and rambling about utter nonsense on the interwebz.
    I had finished season one (which was great). Only got about three or four episodes in season two. I really rushed through the first one though.

Went through the Spider-Man movies recently. And picked up American psycho and Falling down on blu ray. So aside from catching up on dvr and stanley cup, it'll probably be those.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Watched the Man Who Fell To Earth the other morning while on a head full of acid. The ending was rather intense as was most of the film. I assume that would be the case even straight. Was a interesting movie that im going to have to watch again at some point i think.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Utopia. Such a badass show. Wonderful directing, great acting, amazing writing, hypnotic soundtrack. Can't wait for season two.