Page 155 of 155 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 153 154 155
Results 4,621 to 4,626 of 4626

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    We just finished the first season of American Gods and I couldn't help but think WTAF at the score by the middle of the season. It's like Angelo Badalamenti but not. Slow and serene scenes but the score says we're moving at 100.

Also the show ending at 8 episodes and being like not even near the middle of the book had to be frustrating at the time.

Going to start S2 after the Shogun finale. Man that's a good show.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Finished S1 and 2 of American Gods...there's no way this show ends in S3 with a resolution. It's moving so slow and on top of that has slow motion, like to the point where even Zack Snyder is yelling at the screen to speed it up.

I know that Neil has some credits as writer on the show so I guess he's onboard with the changes but I don't know how he sanctions some of the buffoonery of what's on screen. Is it because of GoT that there's so much sex in the show? was it a requirement around that time?

I do enjoy Mad Sweeny's way of saying "dead wife" like it's one word and an actual name. I dunno, it's weird.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Finished S1 and 2 of American Gods...there's no way this show ends in S3 with a resolution. It's moving so slow and on top of that has slow motion, like to the point where even Zack Snyder is yelling at the screen to speed it up.

I know that Neil has some credits as writer on the show so I guess he's onboard with the changes but I don't know how he sanctions some of the buffoonery of what's on screen. Is it because of GoT that there's so much sex in the show? was it a requirement around that time?

I do enjoy Mad Sweeny's way of saying "dead wife" like it's one word and an actual name. I dunno, it's weird.
    Gaiman's tumblr has a lot to say about the series. Generally; he's likes to say things like the show is canon to the show and the book is canon to the books/comics (ditto for Sandman and Good Omens and Dead Boys Detectives and Lucifer). Also, the book has all that sex (source).
    There were issues getting S4 off the ground for a couple of reasons but as I understand it that was going to be the final. The graphic novels based on the series are gorgeous... each seasons gets an edition and we have all three.

I liked calling her "Soup".

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Ah, I haven't read the book in over a decade so that explains that. I read the graphic novels but with those it's even more abstract than the novel because of how short they are. They are beautiful though, that's for sure.

Also seeing the opening to S3 and Marilyn Manson on stage was weird.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Ah, I haven't read the book in over a decade so that explains that. I read the graphic novels but with those it's even more abstract than the novel because of how short they are. They are beautiful though, that's for sure.

Also seeing the opening to S3 and Marilyn Manson on stage was weird.
    I had conflicting feelings about him as well but given how his character [redacted REDACTED redacted], I felt okay at the end.

Didn't really find the graphic novels that short... 200+ pages each (I'm talking about the hard cover ones)...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I read them on the Kindle app so I have no idea how big they were. Goodreads says 712 pages so that tracks what you said.