Page 140 of 154 FirstFirst ... 40 90 130 138 139 140 141 142 150 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,200 of 4613

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i watched the first episode of The Nevers the other day and i really like it so far. joss whedon can fuck off into the sun but he has certainly come up with some amazing ideas over the years.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    So, I saw Nobody today and even when I was driving to the theater (over two weeks since my second shot wooo) I honestly thought I might be making a mistake. I told myself that even if I didn't like the movie, hey, I'm still getting out of the house for a couple hours, still get to (safely) eat some popcorn and have some soda, it won't be all bad. For whatever reason I just really was not sure this was going to be my cup of tea.

Boy, was I wrong. I absolutely LOVED this movie. Loved it. It was exactly what I like in a good action movie: It was over the top, silly (but not too silly) and, most importantly, self-aware. Reminded me a lot of Baby Driver (which I also loved). Same sort of vibe. I had an absolute blast with it.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    @theruiner : Saw that one last week after having forgotten about it entirely due to the pandemic. Loved it as well for it's nice combination of John Wick and plenty of humor without being too silly. I thought the last third of the movie was a little bit anti-climatic, but I really enjoyed it! It felt a little bit edgier and grounded than John Wick with enough goofiness to still make it a lighthearted cool little flick. I'd be down for a sequel and it genuinely made me laugh.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    The Mitchells vs. the Machines. Holy shit it's so good. It's from the team that made Spider-Verse. People will probably hate me for this, but I liked it even more than Spider-Verse.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Started ZeroZeroZero on Amazon Prime. So far so good.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Shadow and Bone on Netflix is really good. Finished the whole series already.
    I liked it & finished it too. But man, did that move fast or what? I think the season would have benefitted greatly from a slower pace or a few more episodes. I understand it's YA based & they want to grab & engage a younger audience, but geez. And the YA-ness of it all got laid on really think as the season progressed (except for the finale).

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Holy shit... this documentary on HBO about Q - Into the Storm is just fascinating. There's a ton of mindblowing moments in this. This connects so many dots.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    that Q doc sucked me right in too. It's so clear what was really going on with all that just from the dots he connects in the first episode, nevermind the rest of the miniseries.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    The new Love Death and Robots on Netflix is pretty cool.

The episodes in this season are more consistent but they seem shorter. There are also 8 episodes as opposed to the 18 in season 1.

BUT great nonetheless.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    probably shorter because Volume 3 is coming and they just made two seasons instead of waiting for the slower (probably COVID affected) episodes.

So far I like the Christmas one best. I wish for more of the train episode. The Snow episode is basically someone showing off their tech skills because that one is gorgeous.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    As the Zima Blue episode of season 01 was my favorite, I was really looking froward to the new one by Robert Valley. The whole season is pretty strong and I like it better than the first one, although that one had some real highlights. My top choices for season two have to be Ice, The Drowned Giant and Pop Squad. Automated Customer Service was great aswell, yet Life Hutch was fairly bland and I didn't really care for The Tall Grass apart from the phenomenal art style.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    The idea behind The Tall Grass - as in the world that surrounds that area and the hints that there's a door or something the monsters (or even the train itself?) go through - is more what I'm interested in. I get that it's a short story and those are basically "bam you're in the thick of it and now it's over" but I'm interested in the idea of what created those monsters and if they're really ex-humans.

It just fired my imagination more thinking about what wasn't shown than what was.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I have watched a lot of movies lately. Four in the last five days, to be exact. Catching up on my list.

First I saw The Killing of Two Lovers over the weekend. I was *really* excited for this one. I heard great things and the trailer was fantastic. Unfortunately it was a huge let down. With a better ending it could have been a decent movie but it felt incredibly anticlimactic to me, and after being on the fence up to that point that kind of sealed the deal for me on this one. Such a bummer, too, because the performances were fantastic and I'm a sucker for a really tiny movie (the budget on this was $500,000, which is wild). It did give me an excuse to finally check out the indie theater in my new city, so that was cool.

Sunday I watched Shiva Baby which I found to be pretty enjoyable. It wasn't anything amazing, but it's a fun little movie, worth watching if you're bored and in the mood for an awkward (very, very awkward) little comedy.

Yesterday I finally got around to watching Minari and I absolutely loved it. I get some of the criticisms of it but it absolutely worked for me. Brought me to tears multiple times. Such a simple, sweet little story. I loved spending time with those characters (especially the grandmother, who stole the movie) and I just had a really great time with it.

Finally, today I watched The Father which was, and I am saying this with no hyperbole, one of the most heartbreaking and terrifying films I have ever seen. Anthony Hopkins is amazing in it (which is to be expected but WOW, he really outdoes himself here) and it is just such a truly amazing experience. I was completely emotionally drained by the end of it. Incredibly tough watch but definitely worth checking out.
    Last edited by theruiner; 05-19-2021 at 09:49 PM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    My Plex server was down for like three weeks.

What'd i miss?

I'm hearing rave reviews for The Mare of East Town, or something like that, and Star Wars: The Bad Batch.

WHat is badass that ISN'T on netflix or hulu?

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    My partner and I binge watched Vincenzo on Netflix (Korean with English subtitles).

Anyone else watch this show? It’s brilliant with an amazing soundtrack. Just a shame they aren’t going to do a season 2.

Crime with lots of black humour throughout. Vincenzo Cassano is basically an Italian consigliere who is fluent in both Italian and Korean. Fucks up a mobster in Italy in the first episode then flees to Korea to get gold hidden under a plaza. Very funny and heartwarming scenes throughout while maintaining a John Wick style throughout.

@ickyvicky @elevenism @allegate @allegro

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Thanks, I’ll check it out.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I'm with allegro ; I'm gonna try it. Thanx for thinking of me, @Erneuert . Also, perhaps i'll pick up/remember a few words, as my brother's wife and partner of like, Holy fuck, 20ish years, is korean.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Mare of East Town is pretty good. Just finished Boardwalk Empire last night such a good show.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Army of the Dead. I was kinda bored.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

The Empty Man is a pretty cool movie. It is a horror, and the plot isn't profound but the movie is really well done. First time director who cut his teeth on working with David Fincher on DVD extras. It's a good looking movie, you can tell that the studio put money into it. Sadly, 20th Century Fox got bought by Diznee which resulted in this movie having nearly zero marketing.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    co-sign Mare of Easttown big time, as well as Castlevania.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I took a look at the new Rugrats, it's CG and weird, Grandpa Pickles is not a stereotypical sounding old man and I'm not sure how i feel about it.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Just recently scored a pristine copy of the Alien Anthology digibook that's out of print now that Scott decided to add the prequels to the series' canon. I like to pretend those never happened, so I'm glad to at least have a nice little set of the first four movies on Blu-Ray.

Sooo I'm watching the four-part documentary about the makings of those movies which is collected on the two bonus discs here. Great stuff.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Colin Firth and Rachel Weisz are amazing, as usual. It's a true story so feel free to Google it if you want or just search for Donald Crowhurst on Wikipedia. I watched it last Sunday and it stayed with me all week. Made me question a lot of things. I don't want to say too much in case you want to see it completely unspoiled.

An excellent but very haunting movie.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    re-watching all of Arrested Development, and I'm at the end of season 1 / episode 6, and if this continues to be as incredible as I remember it being, I'm about to "blow a funny fuse." This is the funniest thing that has ever been funny.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Decided to re-watch this this morning...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    re-watching all of Arrested Development, and I'm at the end of season 1 / episode 6, and if this continues to be as incredible as I remember it being, I'm about to "blow a funny fuse." This is the funniest thing that has ever been funny.
    i also pretend that anything past the end of season 3 doesn't exist because wow those netflix seasons are awful

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i also pretend that anything past the end of season 3 doesn't exist because wow those netflix seasons are awful
    That's the part I haven't seen yet... I'm still not sure if I should actually consider it "canon" when I get to it, just based on what everyone has said.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    So much this.

I thought season 4 was ok, but that's being REALLY generous, if I'm being honest. And it doesn't even hold a candle to the first three seasons. And honestly, the most heartbreaking thing to me is how different it was. It might as well have been a completely different show (like, no exaggeration).

I gave up two episodes into season 5. I just could not force myself through it.

The first three seasons, though? One of the best comedies ever made. It's the closest I've ever seen a show come to matching The Simpsons in their prime.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    So, I saw A Quiet Place 2 over the weekend and enjoyed it quite a bit. I don't think it was as good as the first one (and I wasn't really expecting it to be) but it was still a really solid, fun movie. Also, it was so great to be in a theater watching a movie like this again. There were a few times when the audience gasped or jumped and it was so much fun to be back in that environment again. I really missed watching big movies with a crowd like that.

I also finally got around to watching The Vanishing (the original Dutch film, not the remake) and holy CRAP, was that a good movie. I had heard so much about it over the years and it was always on my list but I finally sat down and watched it and I really enjoyed it. It also stuck with me, I've been thinking about it ever since. Super disturbing, really unique. If you haven't had the chance to see it I would definitely recommend checking it out but go in knowing as little as possible. Seriously. The less you know the better.

Finally, I checked out The Mosquito Coast yesterday and I am really digging it so far. I'm two episodes in and there are only seven, so I am trying not to burn through it too quickly but it's really hard. It's not anything amazing but it is just a really solid, fun show.