Page 136 of 154 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136 137 138 146 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,080 of 4613

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    No Safe Spaces (2019).

“If you want to have everybody agreeing with you, join a club or program or church that agrees with you.”

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    We watched "The Dead Don't Die" last night. I'm still not sure what to think of the film. There's one point near the end where I just thought "oh, sure, why not that as well" and it didn't even phase me really. The first time we all looked at each other and tried to figure out what was going on was for "Oh it's our theme song" because what?

Also how did Sturgill Simpson get billing in the opening credits for three seconds? I'm sure there were others but his was the only name I recognized that had a very short cameo.

And Selena Gomez was not good. Probably the only part of the film I could point to and say it was bad in comparison to the rest.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    No Safe Spaces (2019).

“If you want to have everybody agreeing with you, join a club or program or church that agrees with you.”
    Yikes. You're prolly a blast at parties.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I do not often seek out videos with magic or illusion acts, but I was bumbling around YouTube today and came across this which I think is most amazing! It's from a few years ago so perhaps everyone has seen it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    Utopia seems pretty good so far. (2 episodes in).
    Probably weird for this to be my very first post on EtS, but hell, I couldn't resist when I saw you mentioning Utopia. Did you watch more episodes? What do you think of it so far?
    I know I'm going into full rambling, but man, it's my all time favourite. I've been trying to make people around me watch it, but nobody went farther than the pilot. I've never seen something alike out there, be that aesthetically or scenaristically (can't say this one out loud) speaking. Before watching it, I felt so bad asking myself the very same question they are asking. Now I know I'm not the only one, and that feels good. Such a shame it has been cancelled.

EDIT: Wait, are you talking about the Channel 4, or the Netflix series?
    Last edited by holehead; 11-13-2020 at 10:12 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I've seen the Channel 4 version and have a lot of reservations about the new one.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by holehead View Post
    Probably weird for this to be my very first post on EtS, but hell, I couldn't resist when I saw you mentioning Utopia. Did you watch more episodes? What do you think of it so far?
    I know I'm going into full rambling, but man, it's my all time favourite. I've been trying to make people around me watch it, but nobody went farther than the pilot. I've never seen something alike out there, be that aesthetically or scenaristically (can't say this one out loud) speaking. Before watching it, I felt so bad asking myself the very same question they are asking. Now I know I'm not the only one, and that feels good. Such a shame it has been cancelled.

EDIT: Wait, are you talking about the Channel 4, or the Netflix series?
    it's on amazon prime in the US, and i believe that's the version @Pillfred was talking about

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I've seen the Channel 4 version and have a lot of reservations about the new one.
    Why?

I'm not sure I'll have a go at it. I know I won't be objective and be over-critical about it. Just like with the Millenium movies. Actually, right now, I can't think of any reboot I've appreciated (except The Lord of the Rings).

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    it's on amazon prime in the US, and i believe that's the version @Pillfred was talking about
    Ah. Again, I don't think I'll watch it, but I'd still be curious of what people think of it.
    Last edited by holehead; 11-13-2020 at 11:41 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Mostly because the trailer looks like they saw a good idea and said "but what if we didn't do any of that". Also exactly the "I know I won't be objective and be over-critical about it."

That OG first season is brilliant. All killer and no filler from the direction to the acting to everything and that's going to be hard to top.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That OG first season is brilliant. All killer and no filler from the direction to the acting to everything and that's going to be hard to top.
    I remember saying that when I first saw Oz, then Breaking Bad, then Sherlock, then Broadchurch, then Black Mirror, then True Detective, then Utopia.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    lol, I mean more for the remake than for another show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh, sorry. What's OG? Google wasn't very helpful, except if it's The Last O.G. you are talking about? (never heard of it though)
    Last edited by holehead; 11-13-2020 at 06:19 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Just watched first episode of Utopia on Amazon Prime last night, and we thought it was great! We were never aware of any previous versions (what is channel 4?) so we were able to appreciate the show for what it is, without the burden of comparison.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by holehead View Post
    Oh, sorry. What's OG? Google wasn't very helpful, except if it's The Last O.G. you are talking about? (never heard of it though)
    Half right. slang for original gangster, or IOW the original version.
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    Just watched first episode of Utopia on Amazon Prime last night, and we thought it was great! We were never aware of any previous versions (what is channel 4?) so we were able to appreciate the show for what it is, without the burden of comparison.
    Previous Version

Channel 4

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Watched the first "Fallen" movie last night. A lot to go through, but man the body count here was tremendous. Quite a few places where they had no idea what they (the people running that gorgeous CG saw mill) were doing. a C130 shooting at civilians? impressive. putting normal bullet-sized holes in the civilians? not as much. And I realise that there's a rating at issue as well but come on.

That aside, it was alright. not great, not good, but alright. some weird choices on questions they'd answer and others they'd just leave on the ground. like, "how did the bad guys know about Cerberus if it's so top secret?" and "how did they get this Gatling-gun defensive battery from us?" and "How did they hijack a C130 in the first place?" But then I figure that's too many questions for a film that is basically base emotions set loose.

Also it's really weird thinking that this was made during a time when we ostensibly 'liked' the president.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Watched Love Actually this weekend as well. I think I fell somewhere in the middle of it all for heart? It was alright. My son was straight up lost watching it and was confusing people for other people left and right. I assume that's because he wasn't actually paying attention more than anything else, but it did make me want to watch Pulp Fiction with him just to see what happens.

I was annoyed by the horny dude who went to the US because a) he was annoying and b) I recognized him but couldn't figure out why. Turns out he was in a show called Citizen Kahn (which, until just now, I thought only had one season; damn British shows) as the manager of a mosque. also when he met those girls it was very awkward, and then I saw the credits and January Jones was credited. Ah yes.

Also I guess it's nice to finally see the inspiration for the SNL Hillary Clinton skit.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Really enjoying The Undoing, GF and I are into it. Super entertaining, great acting, keeps you on your toes.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    @bobbie solo mank is out already? or did you get access to a screener?

also, how was sound of metal?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    @bobbie solo mank is out already? or did you get access to a screener?

also, how was sound of metal?
    Both were great! I saw Mank in a theater.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Peak lockdown behaviour.i got back into Big Brother. rewatched best seasons, lot of episodes, not watched it since about 2007, i got immersed in it mostly UK version with some of the US recent ones.
    a website exists that had every episode from every series of every English speaking country.

its not hard to see how this show became a phenomenon
    The UK version was massive Series 7 from 2006 is amazing to rewatch, has an international cult following too, riveting reality TV, Nikki Grahame was hilarious. brilliant cast. so much going on if it ever went on Netflix it would be massive. only rewatched some of the series made between 2004-2010, guilty pleasure but at its best it could be fascinating.

its still big in the US which is interesting, dont know if it evolved, proves format still works, i don't think that version reached the rollercoaster highs of the one in UK which got 10 million viewers a night at its peak, interesting to see if it makes a comeback,

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Watched the first "Fallen" movie last night. A lot to go through, but man the body count here was tremendous. Quite a few places where they had no idea what they (the people running that gorgeous CG saw mill) were doing. a C130 shooting at civilians? impressive. putting normal bullet-sized holes in the civilians? not as much. And I realise that there's a rating at issue as well but come on.

That aside, it was alright. not great, not good, but alright. some weird choices on questions they'd answer and others they'd just leave on the ground. like, "how did the bad guys know about Cerberus if it's so top secret?" and "how did they get this Gatling-gun defensive battery from us?" and "How did they hijack a C130 in the first place?" But then I figure that's too many questions for a film that is basically base emotions set loose.

Also it's really weird thinking that this was made during a time when we ostensibly 'liked' the president.
    I will watch Gerard Butler try to take back a Burger King if that's what it comes to.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    that's the kind of cheeseburger I'm here for.
    Last edited by allegate; 12-04-2020 at 12:48 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    that's the kind of cheeseburger I'm here for.
    Bulter manic voice; "Oh you wanted fries with that?! HA HA HA HA HA" *throws cheeseburger and fries*

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Watched Mank.

Enjoyed Mank.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Watched "Extra Ordinary" last night. That was brilliant. From the opening flowers in the bin joke to the ending 'no!' joke to the probably most well-deserved spoiler I think I've seen in a film, the whole thing was just extraordinary. lol, did you see what I did there.

there were two tiny things with the film I had, and it was just the predictability of two jokes and one plot point. not that it was a bad thing for any of these, it didn't diminish enjoyment, but it was a little bit of Monty Python/"get on with it!" there.
    Last edited by allegate; 12-08-2020 at 11:33 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    The Morning Show (Apple), enjoying it very much, I liked Newsroom but this is even better. I am trying hard NOT to watch the last episode tonight, then wait one year for season 2... 8+/10

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Soul is amazing. WW84 is not.