Results 4,021 to 4,050 of 4612

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

highly recommended.
    along with Raised by wolves and The Boys the best stuff at this time

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

so i technically saw this at the music box in 2018 (almost exactly two years ago), but i was in a bad place. before it started, i had three drinks in about 30 minutes at the bar, so i spent the whole movie drunk and/or asleep. FINALLY (re)watched it tonight and HOLY SHIT i'm so mad it took me this long because i LOVED IT.

it's not often that a story can employ the "boy loses girl; boy is fueled by revenge" trope and have it actually work, but it really does here. and that score. oh my god.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    @Space Suicide i saw that movie in the theater in 2008 (i was 21 at the time) and proceeded to sleep with the lights on for an entire week because i was so terrified.
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I got the sequel lined up for this weekend!

Might actually like this one more. It's WAY more like a slasher film and has more visceral action and gore.

Thumbs up

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Utopia seems pretty good so far. (2 episodes in).

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Watched this... Netflix Canada has it. Decent, but it does the follow the usual feel-good story routine (including the sad part).

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I was able to get a free 3 month trial to Apple TV+ . I was intrigued by it, so I said why not. the fact that it doesn't have a ton of content is actually what appeals to me, I don't feel overwhelmed and there's still a ton of stuff I want to watch at the same time. I watched a couple episodes of Amazing Stories (pretty enjoyable, loved the original series as a kid) , watched the first episode of Tiny World (fun nature series on tiny animals and insects. great cinematography) , and the first episode of The Morning show (EXCELLENT) . looking forward to delving deeper in more shows and the movies.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Started to watch this when it was airing and never finished it. Watched Season 1 all the way up to Season 4/Episode 3 and how this show didn't get more attention is baffling. The direction, the writing, performances, camera work, contrast in shots... Everything is so well thought out and serves a purpose.

Breaking Bad the best show ever? Pshh... Hold Mr. Robot's keyboard.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

So..... I just finished watching this. Well done. Emotional.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Watched "Ready or Not" last night. It was pretty good except for the weird info dumps. They both said too much and too little so that you were left with a sense of "well they seem to know a lot about the curse but also strangely nothing at all". they should have said less and shown more so you make your own inferences, not try to (poorly) spell it out.

In a movie of body horror there were two that were hard to watch. One I didn't watch because I saw it coming and said no thank you. The screams were enough. *shudder*

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Watched "Ready or Not" last night. It was pretty good except for the weird info dumps. They both said too much and too little so that you were left with a sense of "well they seem to know a lot about the curse but also strangely nothing at all". they should have said less and shown more so you make your own inferences, not try to (poorly) spell it out.

In a movie of body horror there were two that were hard to watch. One I didn't watch because I saw it coming and said no thank you. The screams were enough. *shudder*
    Those same 2 directors are attached to Scream 5.

I'm currently making my way through the Highlander TV series. It's one of those West Coast USA is obviously Vancouver shows.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Are they? That's interesting. I could see it working, the two films (at least the first Scream) have some things very similar. For example, one of the deaths by door made me think of Scream very directly.

Also I found it hilarious that they had to teach Samara Weaving how to drive just for that film. Like, it's a special kind of privileged to make it to 28 and not be able to drive?
    Last edited by allegate; 10-19-2020 at 12:15 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

i loved ready or not. here's my review from when i watched it:

I know this is satire, and there are plenty of extremely fun/funny moments, but holy shit was it upsetting & terrifying. Like I don't remember the last time I watched a movie and had such drastically different reactions to parts of it.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    100%. To go from laughing to laughing uncomfortably to squirming was wild.

I saw a review that compared it to "The Hunt" in that they are both about rich people hunting the poors and I can see it. It's just that one hid it better from Trump so he didn't tweet about it.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I'm currently making my way through the Highlander TV series. It's one of those West Coast USA is obviously Vancouver shows.
    There's a fair bit to like about the show... you just have, you know, deal the varying levels of production quality to get there... and it's so Vancouver (and other familiar lower mainland filming locations).

Which season are you in?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    There's a fair bit to like about the show... you just have, you know, deal the varying levels of production quality to get there... and it's so Vancouver (and other familiar lower mainland filming locations).

Which season are you in?
    Just finished Season 1. I watched the show growing up, but it was mostly Seasons 4-6 (and Endgame). The amount of musician guest stars in Season 1 is rather impressive. Also, apparently the fictional city in the show is named Seacouver.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Watched ParaNorman again last night and I was reminded of just how good that flick is. There are so many little things that it does right, it's amazing. And the social commentary by way of monster flick? who hasn't done that, right? But it's scary how it was 'fun' at the time and today, in 2020...whew.

For example:
    Sheriff Hooper: What do you think you're doing firing at civilians? That is for the police to do!

But it's still fun! The end with the older brother?

so great.

one of my favorite quotes though:

Neil: Don't make me throw this hummus: It's spicy!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    @allegate ParaNorman is one of my favorite animated movies of all time (probably tied with Ratatouille)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    It is their best movie by a mile. And Brave beat it for the Oscar? I mean...I hope it was at least close with the votes.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    It is their best movie by a mile. And Brave beat it for the Oscar? I mean...I hope it was at least close with the votes.
    to be fair, brave is a fantastic movie, and also makes me cry a lot.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Unhinged aka the Russell Crowe Road Rage movie.

Damn that was a frustrating watch but Crowe played a pretty convincing psycho douchebag in a truck.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Today I watched:

Spontaneous - enjoyed it. Drags a bit in the last third. Still worth watching.

The Wolf of Snow Hollow - wasn't for me. Couldn't really get into it.

Love and Monsters - loved it. Highly recommend it. Will likely watch again at some point.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    currently watching the new Billy Murray film "On The Rocks" , directed by Sofia Coppola.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Watching 13 movies in 20 minutes? Sure thing, here you go! (this is soo funny to me, how could I have not known before, hahaha)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Struggling my way through season 1 of Truthseekers the new Nick Frost, Simon Pegg series. This is largely a Nick Frost vehicle, with a few brief appearances of Pegg to help sell the series. So yeah, barely any humour, unlikable characters..thin plots, zero budget. Shame really. It might change in the last three episodes but i'm not expecting much.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Just started my second runthrough of The Leftovers. One of my absolute favorite shows of all time and I am super excited to watch it again.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Finished watching "Peppermint", I liked it and would watch a sequel. Is it a story we don't already know, no... no, there have been plenty of movies with the same sort of story although it was nice not to have an over-the-top villain that distracted from the story. I tend to enjoy the Garner roles where she's action-y anyways...