Page 131 of 131 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 129 130 131
Results 3,901 to 3,914 of 3914

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post

jokes aside, i'm really dying for sarah to get back in the mood to watch season 2 (we're only 2 episodes in) so we can get to season 3 before i inevitably have something spoiled for me.
    Assuming yíall meant Westworld. I was highly disappointed in season 3. It seemed to me the hype from the trailers didnít translate in the season.

Most of Westworld reddit didnít care for it either, from what I saw reading thru. Oh well. Still worth it to see it out, but if youíre expecting Season 1 which was a masterpiece, well, dont.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    King of Staten Island was as I expected. It's...fine. Has some really funny moments (the robbery scene), but there are alot of problems too. It's too long (shocker for an Apatow movie right?) at 2 hrs & 11 minutes. Could have easily cut at LEAST 15 minutes. It's another Apatow movie about a guy who refuses to grow up. Davidson is mostly unlikeable. Yeah that's the point, but he didn't turn it around enough. Burr, Tomei and Buscemi are great. Buscemi has a scene stealing monologue in a bat scene that shows how he is head & shoulders above everyone else in this. Seeing all thr stuff they filmed on Staten Island was cool.

Wife and I watched it last night. Thought it was good. I mostly felt bad for Davidsonís character. He was clearly messed up and had lots of issues because of his fathers death, but his family mostly just chalked it up to him being a loser. I didnít feel that was right.

Was also torn about his mom. It was clear she cared about him, and felt that kicking him out needed to happen, but I didnít like the scene where she and her friend start laughing at him when heís proud of doing work at the fire station. The kid clearly was set back due to the trauma of losing his dad and yet none of his family seemed to take the correct steps to help him (did be go to therapy? Iím not sure if that was mentioned).

Either way, I liked it. Wouldnít say it was a laugh out loud movie, but it was enjoyable. Also liked Davidson in Big Time Adolescence, which was basically the same character.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    Assuming y’all meant Westworld. I was highly disappointed in season 3. It seemed to me the hype from the trailers didn’t translate in the season.

Most of Westworld reddit didn’t care for it either, from what I saw reading thru. Oh well. Still worth it to see it out, but if you’re expecting Season 1 which was a masterpiece, well, dont.
    @elevenism definitely meant westworld and i was making a joke at his expense because of his typo (that's Vivienne Westwood, fashion designer)

i meant to specify in my text below that i was talking about Dark (and went back and edited it to make that clear). i watched season 1 of westworld and that's it. i don't really care about going further, really. but Dark? yeah, i wanna keep watching that.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Documentary "Scandalous: The Untold Story of the National Enquirer (2019)", how they on one side are/were capable to solve a crime, or destroy you, or "take care" of you and don't publish bad stuff (Cosby, Schwarzenegger), how Trump was informing them about himself... interesting, maybe a bit scary stuff.

PS: Also, DAЯK 3.

Mentioned
    466 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    Documentary "Scandalous: The Untold Story of the National Enquirer (2019)", how they on one side are/were capable to solve a crime, or destroy you, or "take care" of you and don't publish bad stuff (Cosby, Schwarzenegger), how Trump was informing them about himself... interesting, maybe a bit scary stuff.

PS: Also, DAЯK 3.
    Where can I see this Scandalous?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Well I found it on special service called "ETTV", sorry can't help more. ;^) (thank you British tax payers for BBC)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I watched it via Netflix

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Watched the last two movies by Craig S. Zahler, Brawl in Cell Block 99 and Dragged Across Concrete. He's the guy who did Bone Tomahawk with Kurt Russel. Both movies are -just as Bone Tomahawk- ultra violent with lots of heads being stamped in or shot to pieces. Dragged Across Concrete I liked especially as I was expecting some kind of rightwing-ish bad cop propaganda flick, but at the end it turned out that Spoiler: it wasn't the corrupt cops played by Mel Gibson and Vince Vaughn who were still standing, but the poor black guy who got out of it alive and wealthy. Great movie!

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    I blame certain toxic Dr. Who fans being upset that their alleged favourite actor wasn't the only Sherlock on the air.
    Finally figured this one out. Gotcha.

Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Finally figured this one out. Gotcha.
    please enlighten me because i have yet to do so

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    please enlighten me because i have yet to do so
    Dr. Who -> Steven Moffat / Mark Gattis -> Sherlock.

I was focusing so much on Sherlock & Watson I forgot about those two.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    WWE Monday Night Raw. The perfect thing as the evening meds take effect. Sometimes unconscious is best....

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Watched the first episode of the new Unsolved Mysteries... I liked the tone, it worked. I'll watch the rest.

Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Watched the first episode of the new Unsolved Mysteries... I liked the tone, it worked. I'll watch the rest.