Page 131 of 154 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 129 130 131 132 133 141 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,930 of 4618

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Documentary "Scandalous: The Untold Story of the National Enquirer (2019)", how they on one side are/were capable to solve a crime, or destroy you, or "take care" of you and don't publish bad stuff (Cosby, Schwarzenegger), how Trump was informing them about himself... interesting, maybe a bit scary stuff.

PS: Also, DAЯK 3.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    Documentary "Scandalous: The Untold Story of the National Enquirer (2019)", how they on one side are/were capable to solve a crime, or destroy you, or "take care" of you and don't publish bad stuff (Cosby, Schwarzenegger), how Trump was informing them about himself... interesting, maybe a bit scary stuff.

PS: Also, DAЯK 3.
    Where can I see this Scandalous?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Well I found it on special service called "ETTV", sorry can't help more. ;^) (thank you British tax payers for BBC)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I watched it via Netflix

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Watched the last two movies by Craig S. Zahler, Brawl in Cell Block 99 and Dragged Across Concrete. He's the guy who did Bone Tomahawk with Kurt Russel. Both movies are -just as Bone Tomahawk- ultra violent with lots of heads being stamped in or shot to pieces. Dragged Across Concrete I liked especially as I was expecting some kind of rightwing-ish bad cop propaganda flick, but at the end it turned out that Spoiler: it wasn't the corrupt cops played by Mel Gibson and Vince Vaughn who were still standing, but the poor black guy who got out of it alive and wealthy. Great movie!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    I blame certain toxic Dr. Who fans being upset that their alleged favourite actor wasn't the only Sherlock on the air.
    Finally figured this one out. Gotcha.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Finally figured this one out. Gotcha.
    please enlighten me because i have yet to do so

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    please enlighten me because i have yet to do so
    Dr. Who -> Steven Moffat / Mark Gattis -> Sherlock.

I was focusing so much on Sherlock & Watson I forgot about those two.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    WWE Monday Night Raw. The perfect thing as the evening meds take effect. Sometimes unconscious is best....

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Watched the first episode of the new Unsolved Mysteries... I liked the tone, it worked. I'll watch the rest.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Watched the first episode of the new Unsolved Mysteries... I liked the tone, it worked. I'll watch the rest.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Watched Dave on Hulu, loved it.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    David Bowie: The Last 5 Years

I had never seen this. Much to my surprise & delight there is footage of Bowie & band on the Reality tour at a truck stop in Shelby, Montana near the Canadian border. In the clip Bowie is going through my rack of music for sale in the store. He approved! I had seen a longer version on his website years ago but I don't think it's there anymore. Shocked to see it on BBC/HBO documentary. Totally validates my 25+ years in the music business!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    Watched the last two movies by Craig S. Zahler, Brawl in Cell Block 99 and Dragged Across Concrete. He's the guy who did Bone Tomahawk with Kurt Russel. Both movies are -just as Bone Tomahawk- ultra violent with lots of heads being stamped in or shot to pieces. Dragged Across Concrete I liked especially as I was expecting some kind of rightwing-ish bad cop propaganda flick, but at the end it turned out that Spoiler: it wasn't the corrupt cops played by Mel Gibson and Vince Vaughn who were still standing, but the poor black guy who got out of it alive and wealthy. Great movie!
    Jesus god, I'm watching Cell Block 99 right now, and FUCK. It's BLEAK. I'm digging it tho.

I got a bad copy of Dragged Across Concrete: it's only 38 minutes long. I aim to remedy that as soon as 99 is over.

Thanks for the tip. I get a kick out of the director's indie style.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    I'd suggest you avoid those 38 minute copy as the movie is almost three hours long in its original form...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    started re-watching Miracle Workers because my wife was interested in season 2 and I have no idea how the show didn't get cancelled. It's the kind of fun and smart humor that the majority of people don't like. It reminds me of Better Off Ted in the way it handles itself so seriously but also like it doesn't have a care in the world.

There are jokes that are in the show for seconds that have zero reason to be there but are also fully supported by the premise. In one of the episodes we watched last night the main characters push past two people carrying giant snowflakes, each with a unique serial number on the front. One of the snowflakes is dropped and the person says, you know what just make that one twice, no one will notice.

There are only seven episodes of the first season and that's less than one extended edition of a LOTR movie. Easy enough.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Dear Zachery.

Yeah... this wins. This is the most depressing thing ever. JEEEEEEEEEEZUS.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Finally got to watch the last episode of McMillion$ and thus got to finish the last two episodes of the podcast.

Kind of a let down, though I knew that the informant was Spoiler: someone in the Family because dude said "I'll have to ask if it's OK.

The podcast is something else. For example I found out that Mark Devereaux counts among his close personal friends one Lindsey Graham. It shouldn't but it had me not liking him as much. Amazing how that works.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    I have yet to see The Incident/Asylum Blackout. All 3 of the movies you mentioned + Puppet Master: The Littlest Reich are available on DVD at Wal-Mart for $3.98 (in the little bins; Puppet Master might be $5).

Spoiler: Dragged Across Concrete is a great tribute to The Good, The Bad And The Ugly.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The Mountain, a 1950s period piece starring Jeff Goldblum and Tye Sheridan. It's on Hulu.
    Before I found out it was directed by Rick Alverson, I thought it was directed by either Jonathan Glazer (Under the Skin), or Yorgos Lanthimos (The Killing of a Sacred Deer, The Lobster).
    Here's a great article/interview with Rick Alverson, which includes some mild spoilers of The Mountain, which you might want to read after watching, if you're so inclined.
    https://www.theringer.com/movies/201...-jeff-goldblum

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Mucho, Mucho Amor: The Legend of Walter Mercado, on Netflix, is a must see.

It honestly had me in tears. The dude was so loving, and gave so much. He also broke gender norms in a time which, to do so, would put a stain on your career, but was still unconditionally admired by a HUGE number of people.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    David Bowie: The Last 5 Years

I had never seen this. Much to my surprise & delight there is footage of Bowie & band on the Reality tour at a truck stop in Shelby, Montana near the Canadian border. In the clip Bowie is going through my rack of music for sale in the store. He approved! I had seen a longer version on his website years ago but I don't think it's there anymore. Shocked to see it on BBC/HBO documentary. Totally validates my 25+ years in the music business!
    That’s incredible!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Mucho, Mucho Amor: The Legend of Walter Mercado, on Netflix, is a must see.

It honestly had me in tears. The dude was so loving, and gave so much. He also broke gender norms in a time which, to do so, would put a stain on your career, but was still unconditionally admired by a HUGE number of people.

alexis mateo did george mercado for this year's snatch game of love and it was incredible. can't wait to watch the documentary.

also, shea coulee doing flava flav is going to crack you up.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    In attempt to get myself out of all things Trump and Covid, I have been enveloping myself in all six seasons of Downton Abbey, then I watched the movie.

It was awesome.

Now I'm watching Hallmark Christmas movies; although, compared to DA, this is boring me. I think I'm going to go douse myself in "Victoria."

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Watching Indiana Jones & the Temple of Doom which I went to see 6 times at the cinema at the time! It’s fun reevaluating films through a current lens, Willie Scott is incredibly annoying, the only female representatives are her and Indian natives waiting for white saviour Indiana Jones to rescue their kids. Why is he going around with a child sidekick? So many questions. It’s also incredibly dark, at some point will delve into the bonus material and documentaries

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Wife and I have been making our way through Community. We’re on the last season and it just doesn’t hold my interest anymore. It started so good! By the time Pierce and Troy left, it was still okay, now Shirley is gone, and it’s just not super entertaining any longer. I’ll obviously finish it but it’s very hard for me to care what is happening during a 20 min episode during this final season. How many times do they have to “ save Greendale” ? Sheesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I've been diligently watching I, Claudius. even though I have it on demand, I watch it once a week just like old times. and when i finish, I'll wait a couple years to watch again. i get very nostalgic watching this show.
    Last edited by ldopa; 07-14-2020 at 06:07 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Watched Lawrence of Arabia this weekend (took two days, broke on intermission) and last night was Shawshank Redemption. Both of these movies are amazing and so well done. LoA is just endless iconic shots and acting that elevates the whole thing to another level. SR is truly transcendent in the way it handles the characters and the tone. Amazing films.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Watched Lawrence of Arabia this weekend (took two days, broke on intermission) and last night was Shawshank Redemption. Both of these movies are amazing and so well done. LoA is just endless iconic shots and acting that elevates the whole thing to another level. SR is truly transcendent in the way it handles the characters and the tone. Amazing films.
    Lawrence of Arabia is my favorite movie of all time. My biggest dream is to once be able to see it in a movie theater. Or IMAX. Can you imagine how it would look in IMAX?

Such a masterpiece.