Page 130 of 154 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 140 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,900 of 4613

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Trying to fix some blind spots my wife has these last few days...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Btw, did you know there are MANY visual effects in Parasite? Corridor Crew channel talks about it here (time 6:18, didn't expect the link with timestamp to embed):

Anyway, nowadays I'm gravitated towards one of my all time favorites about my beloved topic (e.g. "what the fuck is happening, is this real? how did I get here, how can I go home?"), Vanilla Sky (2001). I even tried the 1997 "original" Abre los ojos and you know what? Vanilla Sky is better in every way, I don't believe people saying otherwise are being honest. Even script is improved and adds/changes many meaningful details. Or maybe I'm too sensitive or something. "My dreams are a cruel joke. They taunt me. Even in my dreams I'm an idiot... who knows he's about to wake up to reality."
    Last edited by Substance242; 06-07-2020 at 05:49 AM.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Laurel Canyon on Epix. Quite good.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    just watched "Scream, Queen!" the documentary about Nightmare On Elm Street 2 (and more specifically about Mark Patton). as a documentary, it wasn't the most impressive one i've ever seen from a filmmaking perspective, but the content was fantastic. highly recommended if you're a fan of that film, or if you're a queer horror fan in general.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    We watched a GREAT movie called Judy and Punch, which I would consider a DARK sort of feminist morality tale. It was really, really good. I guess I should add a warning that it features a LOT of physical abuse.

Secondly, The Vast of Night is played as an episode of an alternative universe Twilight Zone show called Paradox Theater.
    It's set in the fifties, and is about flying saucers, and seems to be influenced by Spielberg and Twin Peaks, and of course, the aforementioned Twilight Zone.
    It's also pretty damn good.

Both are on my plex server.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Both are on my plex server.
    and your mom is on my plex server.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Just finished re-watching "Demolition Man" ... still needs a better script, better editing and better music... and acting. But Bullock did the best she could with the material and Leary was decent too.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    and your mom is on my plex server.
    Maaaaaaaan...
    You awful bastard. I TOLD you to stop calling our house.

Did anyone else see Judy and Punch? It really is, REALLY fucking good.
    Last edited by elevenism; 06-10-2020 at 03:37 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    we finally watched Parasite last night and holy shit. deserving of every accolade it has received. full five stars from me. really glad i went in completely blank, the only thing i knew is that people really liked it.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    we finally watched Parasite last night and holy shit. deserving of every accolade it has received. full five stars from me. really glad i went in completely blank, the only thing i knew is that people really liked it.
    what was you & your woman's reaction when for the first time, things start to pop off at a certain point (I'm being vague for those that still haven't watched 3/4 of a year after release...I'm a saint) & the movie takes that turn?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    what was you & your woman's reaction when for the first time, things start to pop off at a certain point (I'm being vague for those that still haven't watched 3/4 of a year after release...I'm a saint) & the movie takes that turn?
    we both got wide-eyed and looked at each other like "uh oh" haha it was pretty great

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I’ve spent hours in the last week binge-watching this show. I LOVE Alexis.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Just watched this... you know to be distracted...

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Woah that escaped my purview somehow. Def. gonna watch!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    recent watches:

a stripped down, realistic & chilling view of what it would be like to work under Harvey Weinstein. He's not named directly, but it's clearly him. Stars the younger breakout star from Ozark.

This movie was fucked, and I haven't seen anything exactly like it. Going in blind helps, as it takes quite the swerve after the initial setup. It starts off slow & is purposefully very weird. Just stick with it. Probably the best movie I've seen this year so far.

A look at how late stage capitalism and the gig economy is destroying people. In this case, a British family. Movie's a super downer, be warned. But it was another great film from Ken Loach.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Loach

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    got through both seasons of What We Do in the Shadows in about a week. Really enjoyed the story they're telling, though if they could stop doing the Jim that would be great. Don't look at the camera as a reaction.

The S2 finale was great and I can't wait to see what the third season brings.

I didn't even recognize "Jim" and I knew he was going to be on the show. It wasn't until his second appearance that I remembered that he was a guest star this season.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    King of Staten Island was as I expected. It's...fine. Has some really funny moments (the robbery scene), but there are alot of problems too. It's too long (shocker for an Apatow movie right?) at 2 hrs & 11 minutes. Could have easily cut at LEAST 15 minutes. It's another Apatow movie about a guy who refuses to grow up. Davidson is mostly unlikeable. Yeah that's the point, but he didn't turn it around enough. Burr, Tomei and Buscemi are great. Buscemi has a scene stealing monologue in a bat scene that shows how he is head & shoulders above everyone else in this. Seeing all thr stuff they filmed on Staten Island was cool.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    if you want a good laugh, watch Holey Moley. the entire first season is on youtube https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...qMz4idVoxWKKvd

and the second season is on Hulu.

rob riggle is definitely my favorite part of the show, but the whole thing is just so silly and stupid and fun. nice to have something to laugh at right now.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Did anyone watch Evil on CBS last year?

We just binge watched it, and it is a fucking TRIP, that gets better and better, more and more frightening, and just STRANGER as it goes on.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Did anyone watch Evil on CBS last year?

We just binge watched it, and it is a fucking TRIP, that gets better and better, more and more frightening, and just STRANGER as it goes on.
    I did and i loved it. I cant wait fot season 2!
    Last edited by marodi; 06-26-2020 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Never try writing in English on a keyboard set to French

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Finished my re-watching of Elementary.

I have no idea what people mean by the show having an agenda. Is it Joan wearing pants?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Finished my re-watching of Elementary.

I have no idea what people mean by the show having an agenda. Is it Joan wearing pants?
    people think that because sherlock and joan speak out against injustices (racism, misogyny, xenophobia, etc.) that the show has a "left-wing agenda." people always think speaking against these thing is an agenda instead of realizing they're just, you know, people NOT being assholes.

the imdb reviews for that show are atrocious.

for the record, i love the show. my favorite of the more recent adaptations of sherlock holmes.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    the imdb reviews for that show are atrocious.
    I blame certain toxic Dr. Who fans being upset that their alleged favourite actor wasn't the only Sherlock on the air.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    ^^
    So am I. Anyway, Elementary was all sorts of awesome. I loved that show.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    So season 3 of Dark, good GOD. That's just what this show needed, was to get way more complicated and harder to follow.

These showrunners aren't fucking around, and they REALLY don't seem to care if you catch everything or not. I suppose it's actually sort of admirable.

But jesus, yeah. I tried watching the first episode today.

And to think, I thought Westwood was complicated

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    ...I thought Westwood was complicated

jokes aside, i'm really dying for sarah to get back in the mood to watch season 2 of Dark (we're only 2 episodes in) so we can get to season 3 before i inevitably have something spoiled for me.
    Last edited by eversonpoe; 06-28-2020 at 11:11 PM.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

jokes aside, i'm really dying for sarah to get back in the mood to watch season 2 (we're only 2 episodes in) so we can get to season 3 before i inevitably have something spoiled for me.
    Assuming y’all meant Westworld. I was highly disappointed in season 3. It seemed to me the hype from the trailers didn’t translate in the season.

Most of Westworld reddit didn’t care for it either, from what I saw reading thru. Oh well. Still worth it to see it out, but if you’re expecting Season 1 which was a masterpiece, well, dont.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    King of Staten Island was as I expected. It's...fine. Has some really funny moments (the robbery scene), but there are alot of problems too. It's too long (shocker for an Apatow movie right?) at 2 hrs & 11 minutes. Could have easily cut at LEAST 15 minutes. It's another Apatow movie about a guy who refuses to grow up. Davidson is mostly unlikeable. Yeah that's the point, but he didn't turn it around enough. Burr, Tomei and Buscemi are great. Buscemi has a scene stealing monologue in a bat scene that shows how he is head & shoulders above everyone else in this. Seeing all thr stuff they filmed on Staten Island was cool.

Wife and I watched it last night. Thought it was good. I mostly felt bad for Davidson’s character. He was clearly messed up and had lots of issues because of his fathers death, but his family mostly just chalked it up to him being a loser. I didn’t feel that was right.

Was also torn about his mom. It was clear she cared about him, and felt that kicking him out needed to happen, but I didn’t like the scene where she and her friend start laughing at him when he’s proud of doing work at the fire station. The kid clearly was set back due to the trauma of losing his dad and yet none of his family seemed to take the correct steps to help him (did be go to therapy? I’m not sure if that was mentioned).

Either way, I liked it. Wouldn’t say it was a laugh out loud movie, but it was enjoyable. Also liked Davidson in Big Time Adolescence, which was basically the same character.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    Assuming y’all meant Westworld. I was highly disappointed in season 3. It seemed to me the hype from the trailers didn’t translate in the season.

Most of Westworld reddit didn’t care for it either, from what I saw reading thru. Oh well. Still worth it to see it out, but if you’re expecting Season 1 which was a masterpiece, well, dont.
    @elevenism definitely meant westworld and i was making a joke at his expense because of his typo (that's Vivienne Westwood, fashion designer)

i meant to specify in my text below that i was talking about Dark (and went back and edited it to make that clear). i watched season 1 of westworld and that's it. i don't really care about going further, really. but Dark? yeah, i wanna keep watching that.