Page 126 of 154 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 128 136 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,780 of 4618

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

https://www.rifftrax.com/robo-vampire

this was one of the most ridiculous movies i've ever seen. it contains all of the following:
    the least comprehensible plot i've ever experienced
    literally the worst dubbing i've ever heard
    boobs
    vampires(?)
    a blatant robocop ripoff
    a gorilla mask
    so many mustaches
    so much denim

highly recommended

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    If you have a 4K setup and don't buy 1917, you're missing out big time.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Netflix - The Platform (Spain, 2019). A bit... uncomfortable.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Sure, the memes are everywhere—but I haven't been able to get Tiger King out of my head.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Season 3 finale of The Sinner. Another fantastic season.

Bill Pullman was extraordinary, as always. He is such an underrated actor. And Matt Bomer was at the very top of his game.

I really hope there'll be another season.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Just watched this...

Not bad, a touch on the slow side... but interesting characters. Definitely Canadian though... Timbits and all. In some ways I don't think it was quite polished/tight enough to be a movie-movie... but maybe like a Netflix release. Maybe a stage play...
    Last edited by MrLobster; 03-28-2020 at 09:54 PM.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    Netflix - The Platform (Spain, 2019). A bit... uncomfortable.

Looks decent. Did you watch it and if you did, did you like it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    Looks decent. Did you watch it and if you did, did you like it?
    Yes of course and I did, I wouldn't post this otherwise. Sometimes I had to look away for a second though...

Anyway, another intersting one - The Hunt. Last time I internally laughed with guilty feeling "I'm not sure if this over the top on purpose or is something wrong with me" was with "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood". Also, POTUS supposedly tweeted about this one and maybe it's not "politically correct", but at least over here we don't care that much... ;-)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Watched this a few times already...

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

as a psycho college bball fan who had his favorite time of year stolen from him, I have to get my fix somewhere (even though this is about HS ball). Yes it's a bit of a formulaic bball movie, but it does throw some swerves at you later on. And Affleck is just flat out excellent in this. Obviously lots of parallels between his character and real life Ben. He really carries the movie & deserves your attention. Some good bits of comic relief along the way too.
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 03-31-2020 at 04:19 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    It was decent. Reminiscent of that Cube movie.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    It was decent. Reminiscent of that Cube movie.
    Is this in reference to Platform? Yes, reminded me of Cube. I thought it was decent as well.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

This was great. Details the real life kidnapping of oil tycoon J. Paul Getty's grandson in 1973 Italy. Drags a bit maybe 3/4 of the way through & gets a little repetitive, but that's really my only complaint. Everyone is solid in this, even Wahlberg! He tones his standard schtick down almost completely here, only hinting towards it once in a speech to Christopher Plummer. Plummer is fantastic (shocker) as miserable, penny pinching oil tycoon J. Paul Getty. You REALLY hate him by the end of this. He drives alot of the action here, as the plot centers around the ransom being demanded for his grandson.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

great movie in the Erin Brockovich mold. Follows the infamous Dupont/Teflon scandal that is still a major problem to this day, and has extended out to similar chemicals being made all over the world by other chemical companies too. Ruffalo is great here, as is Bill Camp. Scary stuff.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    No Devs thread?! I'm 4 episodes in, and I absolutely love it.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    DEVS deserves wayyyy more attention! It's lived up to my high expectations so far. <3

Any self-respecting fans of Alex Garland (Ex Machina, Annihilation, so much more) owe it to themselves to seek it out.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Been watching EVERY Arnold Schwarzenegger movie he stars in even going back to The Villain. But dam, I don't see anyone ever topping this man as the top action hero.

"You should not drink and bake."

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    No Devs thread?! I'm 4 episodes in, and I absolutely love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    DEVS deserves wayyyy more attention! It's lived up to my high expectations so far. <3

Any self-respecting fans of Alex Garland (Ex Machina, Annihilation, so much more) owe it to themselves to seek it out.
    finally started it a few days ago at @otnavuskire 's suggestion. i was tense IMMEDIATELY (as i am with all alex garland's stuff) and the first episode was so emotionally exhausting that i'm just finally watching episode 2 now.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    We started Community since it's on Netflix now. I think my son likes it, because I got a text from my wife yesterday saying "he wants to know if you have to be here for us to keep watching community".

we watched episodes 5-8 last night. there are so many jokes that it's hard to keep track sometimes. off the cuff comments like telling Jeff to go watch something on the E! network that don't seem funny but are because maybe you know that at the time he hosted a show on E! otherwise you wouldn't laugh. I used that as an example because I laughed and my wife and son both looked at me and asked why that was funny. Heck, there are even jokes in the subtitles because sometimes something you barely hear is subtitled so you see a throwaway joke instead of hearing it.

It's also fun seeing people in the show that later became bigger stars.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I signed up for the one month trial of Showtime, so I'm watching the last season of Homeland. Pretty good so far.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    I signed up for the one month trial of Showtime, so I'm watching the last season of Homeland. Pretty good so far.
    What's the on-demand boxing situation? The website search is pretty bunk and throws in a bunch of documentaries and other sports.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    We started Community since it's on Netflix now. I think my son likes it, because I got a text from my wife yesterday saying "he wants to know if you have to be here for us to keep watching community".

we watched episodes 5-8 last night. there are so many jokes that it's hard to keep track sometimes. off the cuff comments like telling Jeff to go watch something on the E! network that don't seem funny but are because maybe you know that at the time he hosted a show on E! otherwise you wouldn't laugh. I used that as an example because I laughed and my wife and son both looked at me and asked why that was funny. Heck, there are even jokes in the subtitles because sometimes something you barely hear is subtitled so you see a throwaway joke instead of hearing it.

It's also fun seeing people in the show that later became bigger stars.
    i love the whole run of the show, even the so-called "gas-leak" season. yeah, it's not as good as some of the other seasons, but it's not bad by any means. people act like the show "died" without dan harmon, but i think it did fine. besides, he needed some time to sort out his shit.

anyway, looking forward to you continuing!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    What's the on-demand boxing situation? The website search is pretty bunk and throws in a bunch of documentaries and other sports.
    I have no idea. I can poke around there later tonight and see.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    Homeland seasons 1-3 are incredible. Anything after that is good/ not great. This final season has proved to be very good so far tho, and understandably so. Hoping it ends in a great way.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I liked 1, 2, and 4 so far. 3, 5, 6 just blew in my opinion.
    I'm crossing my fingers the final end isn't horrible.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i love the whole run of the show, even the so-called "gas-leak" season. yeah, it's not as good as some of the other seasons, but it's not bad by any means. people act like the show "died" without dan harmon, but i think it did fine.
    It's not unsolvable.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    The Two Popes.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I really enjoyed that.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Kong: Skull Island.

It's about how Captain Marvel, Loki and Dey from the Nova Corps come together to stop Nick Fury when he finds himself in an argument with a giant ape.

It's quite good!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Kong Skull Island is brainless done right. it's a fine line.