Page 121 of 154 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 131 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,630 of 4619

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Villain View Post
    I'll just wait. I'll feel like i intruded to be honest. I'm sure one will pop up this or next month. Cheers!
    what? dude, no! that's not how this place works at all! i'd love to discuss that topic and i think it'd be great if you started the thread!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I'm too .... Nervous, fuck that shit.. you do it and I'll talk about it with you....
    It'll hit or it'll miss. No worries.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I just wanted to get this out of my system, and will probably re-visit it much later. It was just that disturbing, where mere words can't simply describe it. I'm also aware it's a novel, and I might be tempted to read through it because I've always had a morbid sense of curiosity attached to me.

Anyway, that movie is Johnny Got His Gun. Holy shit. Like many here, I can assume you also could've heard of it because of Metallica's One.

It is a true mindfuck and horror film in every sense of those words, aside from being an anti-war film. It was to the point I had to skip around it or even tap out and just do something else, but I know I'm going to have this shit on the back of my mind for life.

It certainly helps me appreciate even the littlest of things, while sometimes even motivating me do my best if and whenever I still can, but my God, talk about being mindfucked for life. I was also aware of such things way before seeing that movie, but such thoughts are usually repressed and dodged, but this movie just brought it on home.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 11-10-2019 at 03:40 PM.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    ^^Yeeeeahhh. No thanks.

I also can't watch The Diving Bell and the Butterfly for the same reason: locked-in syndrome is legit one of my biggest fears in life. There is almost nothing I won't want in terms of its subject matter or how disturbing it is, I have seen some super, super dark and depressing and fucked up movies but that subject? Nooooo thank you. The one thing I will not watch.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    locked-in syndrome is legit one of my biggest fears in life.
    Have you watched "Awakenings"?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Just finished watching "Dolemite Is My Name" and I liked it. Good performances, good story.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    watched High Life (meh) & Sorry To Bother You (yay!) this weekend.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Have you watched "Awakenings"?
    Yes! Saw it when I was a kid. I really enjoyed it but haven't seen it since. That one I could watch. It's specifically locked-in syndrome that terrifies me.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    Yes! Saw it when I was a kid. I really enjoyed it but haven't seen it since. That one I could watch. It's specifically locked-in syndrome that terrifies me.
    Fair enough. I actually have a movement disorder that is caused by lack of dopamine and so to see the liberation of the patients due to L-Dopa, that was very gratifying.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    saw Doctor Sleep last night.
    The movie was steamy!
    I was surprised at how well done it was. Going into the third act I thought that if they can stick the landing that this will go down as a great movie. And they almost do.
    It's a solid flick. The best Shinning sequel that any one could have hoped for.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I finished up both seasons of Cobra Kai over the weekend. Got to be honest, I don't think I watched any of the Karate Kid movies with interest past the age of 10, so it took me a little while to be sold on even watching it, but I was surprisingly hooked within the first couple episodes.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    I finished up both seasons of Cobra Kai over the weekend. Got to be honest, I don't think I watched any of the Karate Kid movies with interest past the age of 10, so it took me a little while to be sold on even watching it, but I was surprisingly hooked within the first couple episodes.
    a nice, nostalgic, light show to watch. i like it as an alternative to the generally more dense stuff I gravitate towards.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    It actually gets pretty heavy towards the end of the 2nd season, but it is certainly that way aesthetically speaking. Very digital California show, everything is lit brightly, even at night.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    It actually gets pretty heavy towards the end of the 2nd season, but it is certainly that way aesthetically speaking. Very digital California show, everything is lit brightly, even at night.
    and EVERYONE is good looking. And everyone's outfits look brand new in every scene, part. the kids.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Its dark and intense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I watch South Park and Rick and Morty

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I re-watched the entire Ring trilogy (Japanese) over Hallowe'en. Didn't find it scary in the slightest. First film is sloooow and the kid somehow manages to be both silent and annoying at the same time. Still good. I like drama and subtlety more than jumpscares, so this worked for me. Second film ends on a huge anticlimax that was never resolved as far as I know. I actually enjoyed Ring 0 the most. It just hung together better as a film, I felt.

Other things I've watched recently:

Nightcrawler
    Ex Machina
    Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle (not the greatest thing ever, but better than it had any right to be)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    I re-watched the entire Ring trilogy (Japanese) over Hallowe'en. Didn't find it scary in the slightest. First film is sloooow and the kid somehow manages to be both silent and annoying at the same time. Still good. I like drama and subtlety more than jumpscares, so this worked for me. Second film ends on a huge anticlimax that was never resolved as far as I know. I actually enjoyed Ring 0 the most. It just hung together better as a film, I felt.

Other things I've watched recently:

Nightcrawler
    Ex Machina
    Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle (not the greatest thing ever, but better than it had any right to be)
    What did you think of nightcrawler and ex machina?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    What did you think of nightcrawler and ex machina?
    I enjoyed them both. Nightcrawler a tad more. Jake Gyllenhaal was especially chilling in a kind-of subdued American Psycho-like performance.
    Ex Machina felt like an extended episode of Black Mirror, in a good way.

Without spoiling too much, I found it interesting that both films had something in common: men being disgusting towards women. I'm sure it's nothing but a weird coincidence, it's just funny that I watched them practically back-to-back.
    Despite this, both films were still very well done.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Started watching the latest season of "The Toys That Made Us".

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'll tell you what I'm not watching....watchmen. my crave app will not load episode 5. Its on my phone but not my Xbox (shows I like I like watching through the big t.v. and speakers)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    I enjoyed them both. Nightcrawler a tad more. Jake Gyllenhaal was especially chilling in a kind-of subdued American Psycho-like performance.
    Ex Machina felt like an extended episode of Black Mirror, in a good way.

Without spoiling too much, I found it interesting that both films had something in common: men being disgusting towards women. I'm sure it's nothing but a weird coincidence, it's just funny that I watched them practically back-to-back.
    Despite this, both films were still very well done.
    haven't seen nightcrawler but i like your interpretation of ex machina. the metaphor is relatively heavy-handed (the men are "real" people and the women are "fake" people) but it doesn't seem to be understood by a lot of people who see it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

also, don't know if you know, but the story was based on shakespeare's The Tempest

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    haven't seen nightcrawler but i like your interpretation of ex machina. the metaphor is relatively heavy-handed (the men are "real" people and the women are "fake" people) but it doesn't seem to be understood by a lot of people who see it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

also, don't know if you know, but the story was based on shakespeare's The Tempest
    Definitely got a Frankenstein vibe from Ex Machina, but that parallel to The Tempest completely passed me by! Makes the film even more interesting. Knowing that, I'd like to rewatch it at some point, perhaps along with Forbidden Planet. Monsters from the Id, and all that.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Ford v Ferrari (IMAX 2D): for me very very good, though Rush was even better.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

This was pretty good. Def. did enough to hook me in that I had to know what happened to the daughter. The explanation gets a little too wonky for me, but this movie is still solid and had me deep within its grips for about 2/3's of the time. John Cho is really good in the lead role, part. bc its so hard to emote at times bc of the computer screen gimmick of the film. Great showing for the first time writer/directors too.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    This was pretty good. Def. did enough to hook me in that I had to know what happened to the daughter. The explanation gets a little too wonky for me, but this movie is still solid and had me deep within its grips for about 2/3's of the time. John Cho is really good in the lead role, part. bc its so hard to emote at times bc of the computer screen gimmick of the film. Great showing for the first time writer/directors too.
    The YouTube channel / podcast I'm part of of interviewed the writers & director if you're interested.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    The YouTube channel / podcast I'm part of of interviewed the writers & director if you're interested.
    that's not Underneath It All...

(for real, though... i miss our podcast )

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    My wife and I are on a Law and Order SVU kick. I used to have the biggest crush on Casey Novak when I was younger. Now as an adult, I can confirm that there are better ADAs on the show.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I saw PROMARE last night...i'll do my mini review at lunch but i will say it's a feast for the eyes, freaking ADORE the animation style!