Page 119 of 154 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 129 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,570 of 4613

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Just listening to him sing that song was hilarious.

However, I was the only person laughing at that scene in the theater. My son just looked at me like I had lost my mind.
    My wife and I also laughed at that. And also "I just invited someone I just met back to my apartment, I never do that..."

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    finished up the final season of iZombie today, which ended in a way that was almost wholly pleasing. a lot of shows have a hard time doing that. it started out as a quirky procedural (with a nice zombie twist) and turned into a very different show (that still stayed true to its roots) by the end, without ever losing its charm.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I'm watching "The Family" on Netflix...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I've been going through I Hate Everything's "Search for the Worst". Holy shit...

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    What haven't I watched lately? In the last month or so I have seen quite a few movies and two shows.

Movies-
    Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (didn't like it)
    The Farewell (it was ok)
    Yesterday (it was ok)
    The Reports on Sarah and Saleem (really good)
    Blinded by the Light (hated it)
    The Untitled Amazing Johnathan Documentary (didn't like it)
    Good Boys (it was mildly enjoyable, not great but not a terrible way to kill an afternoon)
    Midsommar (it was great)

As far as TV, I watched the second season of Big Little Lies (it was great) and Euphoria (holy shit, Euphoria is SO GOOD). I tried to watch Sharp Objects and couldn't get into it.
    Last edited by theruiner; 08-18-2019 at 02:13 AM.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    I liked the new Tarantino movie. Oddly satisfying. First 10 minutes is meh, though important.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Finishing up season 5 of The Flash tonight, then hopefully start The Boys tomorrow.

Too many shows to catch up on these days.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Saw Peanut Butter Falcon with Shia Lebouf and the chick from 50 Shades of Grey. It's derivative of lots of others movies & gets kinda ridiculous later on, but I still really enjoyed it. Some great cameos in it too that I don't want to spoil.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Also saw Sword of Trust and highly recommend it. Low-key, understated comedy that is still very funny. with Marc Maron and the chick who ends up being the head drug dealer in 22 Jump Street haha.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Hitler rides T-Rex in... Iron Sky: The Coming Race (FINALLY out... been waiting a long time for it)

...just finished watching; I thought it was worth watching. I do like the first movie a smidgeon more but now I want 1988/89 style G.I. Joe figures/vehicles of the Iron Sky Universe.
    Last edited by MrLobster; 08-30-2019 at 08:04 PM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Also saw Sword of Trust and highly recommend it. Low-key, understated comedy that is still very funny. with Marc Maron and the chick who ends up being the head drug dealer in 22 Jump Street haha.
    I can second Sword of Trust. I REALLY like that style of movie, where the conversation seems SO realistic that i'm not so sure there was an exact script.

I also got a big kick out of Upgrade. I thought it would be horrible, based on the trailer, but i dug it quite a bit. It reminded me of Limitless.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I REALLY like that style of movie, where the conversation seems SO realistic that i'm not so sure there was an exact script.
    Maron's monologue in the truck about his history with his ex was incredible.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Maron's monologue in the truck about his history with his ex was incredible.
    Absolutely, man! In fact, that was the best part, in terms of what we're talking about. That shit was SERIOUSLY powerful. I was thinking that he HAD to be pulling from a real life experience that was, at least, VAGUELY similar. If not, good GOD. Either way, he's a damn fine actor. But yeah, there's just NO fucking way that those were all lines from a script, you know? I think it must have been done sort of like Curb Your Enthusiasm.
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-01-2019 at 08:42 AM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    So, okay: I watched this movie called A Dog's Journey. I almost turned it off, once I realized it was narrated by a dog, but I stuck with it, and, FUCKSAKE- it was INSANELY emotional. I gotta keep it 100 and admit that i got something in my eye a couple times.

I would recommend this to any dog lover, especially if you've lost a cat or dog recently.

This is NoT the sort of thing i'd turn on, usually, and I don't remember WhY in the fuck I turned it on. It's the direct opposite of most of the stuff I watch. In fact, this movie sort of made me wonder if i should take a break, at least occasionally, from the dark, intense stuff I usually watch- horror, true crime docs, etc.

Anyway, seriously, if you love dogs, give this one a shot.
    Also, i found out that this was a sequel to a flick called A Dog's Purpose, which I went ahead and watched, too. And I would say that the first one-despite being Peggy ( who was Norma in Twin Peaks) Lipton's final film, is just nowhere near as good as the second one, nor does it have a WHOLE hell of a lot of bering on it. So, I say just watch A Dog's Journey.

You guys can certainly feel free to break my balls for recommending this movie, but, on the cool: you may well like it if you love animals.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Saw The Farewell today. Amazing film. Great peek into Chinese culture, but still easily relatable for anyone as the family themes are universal. That annoying as fuck Awkwafina plays the lead, but she is actually REALLY tempered down in this & isn't doing her normal schtick at all. She's excellent too. Highly recommended.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Watching Friday the 13th part 4 with pizza and friends to celebrate the day

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    ^^^ that's all i wanted to watch last night, but sadly no one else did. so, we ended up watching The Guest.

my wife and i had watched it once previously, at the recommendation of our friend mac (who was over last night for the first half of the movie), and my best friend who's in town had never seen it. i thoroughly enjoyed it the second time, probably just as much as the first time? dan stevens is such a chameleon. after watching him on legion and then going back and watching him in the guest, he seems like a totally different actor (and even looks a bit like chris evans in the film). and he's so good at american accents. i guess that just means he's a really good actor haha.

there are so many great pieces of music used in the film, too (both in the score by steve moore and the soundtrack which compiles a lot of awesome 80s goth tunes with modern electronic throwback stuff like SURVIVE). sadly some of them are not on the soundtrack, and one of the songs that is on the soundtrack is only on the digital version and not on vinyl for some reason.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Had this for years but never bothered to watch it since them discontinuing blu-ray releases pissed me off (I own season 1 on blu-ray). I seen it on sale on Vudu for HDX digital purchase for $59.99 and knew I'd never buy the DVDs so I said fuck it.

I knew all those years ago I'd love this show.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    ^^How far are you into it?

I am forever trying to get people to watch this show. It is one of my favorite shows of all time and it is absolutely amazing. And it has one of the best series finales I've ever seen. They absolutely nail the ending. A brilliant, moving, powerful, beautiful show.

It's all on Prime if anyone wants to watch it. If it were available on Bluray I would be tempted to buy it but alas. Maybe I'll buy it on digital some day.

Edit: Oh. I'm slow. Ha ha. I'm guessing you're on season 1. Just wait. It is going to get SO good.
    Last edited by theruiner; 09-25-2019 at 05:18 AM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Really enjoyed the Americans. It got a little stale towards the end; the first seasons of any show are usually the best anyway.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The Day #11 Christmas gift trailer for Mr. robot. https://www.usanetwork.com/mrrobot/season-4-countdown/
    That show has such great marketing. Can't wait for the new season on 10/6!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Saw Rambo tonight. It was decent. Would recommended cheap seats or rental. Also started watching Dexter again, fucking Dokes, "Motherfucker."

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    ^^How far are you into it?

I am forever trying to get people to watch this show. It is one of my favorite shows of all time and it is absolutely amazing. And it has one of the best series finales I've ever seen. They absolutely nail the ending. A brilliant, moving, powerful, beautiful show.

It's all on Prime if anyone wants to watch it. If it were available on Bluray I would be tempted to buy it but alas. Maybe I'll buy it on digital some day.

Edit: Oh. I'm slow. Ha ha. I'm guessing you're on season 1. Just wait. It is going to get SO good.
    I'm halfway into season 1 exactly.

Spoiler: Beeman has made Nina spy on the ambassador and Elizabeth killed the contact. Phillip and Elizabeth are going to be abducted and questioned as to being moles this next episode I'm going to watch.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Re-watched all of "My Name Is Earl". Liked S1+4. S2 is ok. S3 is less ok.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InsecureSpike View Post
    "It's not my goddamned planet monkey boy!"

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)