Page 113 of 154 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,390 of 4613

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    I meant to have a productive day, but then I found Crystal Lake Memories, the 5+ hour documentary on the Friday the 13th franchise on youtube...

Sweet!!! I tried to acquire this online a while back but it never panned out. I am excite.

Not sure it's thread worthy (I think it could be but i think silly shit from time to time) but Overlord was pretty fucking good. The pacing and action scenes felt like I was watching a real life Call of Duty movie in some ways. Such a fun movie.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I was going to get back to the cinema after a month away to see Robin Hood, then i read the reviews...YIKES! I'll go see Pokemon instead!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    A coworker told me this was the craziest and best movie he’s ever seen.

His opinion on films is dead to me. This entire movie so far is JUST hypothetical, imaginary scenarios made up for a class project. Like they’re just in a classroom imagining shit, and they’re very upfront about that being the case from the beginning. This is fucking awful. It’s like someone who got a B in their Intro to Philosophy class was given a budget to make a “deep” movie about philosophy. Maybe it’ll change, but I still have an hour to go and I’d honestly rather go to sleep.

Spoiler: Oh man, the teacher had his imaginary gun stolen from his imaginary satchel and it’s being used against him in this imaginary scenario while they’re all actually just sitting in class and posturing about it. How dramatic and gripping.

OHHHHH, now the teacher, who was cast out of the group in imaginaryland, was actually still alive the whole time in this hypothetical and has...a gun...to stop the main characters from
    ...oh my GOD this is bad. Like this isn’t even fun bad.

1/10. The 1 is for the obnoxiously attractive cast, as poorly directed and awfully written as their characters are.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 12-03-2018 at 12:09 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    True Detective s1 again. I've watched this almost 10 times if not that. It's just so fucking good, all meat no filler.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Dragonball: Evolution.

Edit - Just...no.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 12-03-2018 at 08:37 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    watched Teen Titans Go! To The Movies, Revenge, and Three Identical Strangers on the way to Vegas this weekend. Watched In The Fade on the way home. All are highly recommended.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Watched In Bruges on the flight home yesterday and holy crap that's a good movie. Like, I know the internet has memeified some of the best scenes but that didn't bother me in the slightest while watching it. The only one that is used on the Internet in a way that is different from the movie is the scene in the museum really. SUch a great movie. I gotta go buy myself a copy now.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Just left an advance screening for Escape Room. That shit was a mistake.

Flaccid ending, zero psychological thrills, AND full of weird changes from the trailers to the final version of the movie. Like...the $1,000,000 prize became a $10,000 prize for some reason. THE VILLAIN’S NAME IS EVEN JUST AN ANAGRAM OF “NO WAY OUT.”

I’m glad it was free. Save your money, y’all.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

This is on Hulu. It's very good.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

I had some good laughs while watching this...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Ha! Yeah, that was pretty good.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post

Flaccid ending, zero psychological thrills, AND full of weird changes from the trailers to the final version of the movie. Like...the $1,000,000 prize became a $10,000 prize for some reason. THE VILLAIN’S NAME IS EVEN JUST AN ANAGRAM OF “NO WAY OUT.”

Oh no...... Not what I wanted to hear. I'm a sucker for these types of movies and was really hoping it was going to be a fun watch.

I should have known since it's being released in "Fuck you, It's January"

Last edited by ManBurning; 12-18-2018 at 04:41 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Watched Mortal Engines last night. While it was an entertaining film it felt fairly smashed together. For a movie that emphasizes a big production feel the actual movie itself felt very cramped, imo it could have used some better editing to help establish some of the side characters a bit better. Other than the main characters and even with them to some extent the bit players are just there for show. I don't normally get overly critical of things like character development and the like as I tend to be able to put that sort of thing our of my mind. This however really kind of bugged me last night, i was left shaking my head a few times and some of the cuts and side sequences. Overall not a bad and perhaps a directors cut may help but at the same time it's already not a short movie.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    Watched Mortal Engines last night. While it was an entertaining film it felt fairly smashed together. For a movie that emphasizes a big production feel the actual movie itself felt very cramped, imo it could have used some better editing to help establish some of the side characters a bit better. Other than the main characters and even with them to some extent the bit players are just there for show. I don't normally get overly critical of things like character development and the like as I tend to be able to put that sort of thing our of my mind. This however really kind of bugged me last night, i was left shaking my head a few times and some of the cuts and side sequences. Overall not a bad and perhaps a directors cut may help but at the same time it's already not a short movie.
    was going to see it on sunday with my father-in-law and my wife's brother-in-law (december tradition usually dictates we see the newest star wars film, but as there wasn't one this year...) but started reading reviews and we all agreed that it might not be the best choice. for some reason, the two of them picked At Eternity's Gate, a movie about Van Gogh (Willem Dafoe) & Gaugin (Oscar Isaac), which looked mildly interesting. however, the cinematography was so consistently awful that it actually made me motion sick, and i had to leave the theater about 10 minutes into the movie.

i ended up watching the first 90 minutes of the new spider man (which is fucking AWESOME) but i had to leave before it was over because their movie was out and i had driven us to the theater. hopefully my wife and i can go see spider man so i can actually see how it ends haha

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I am thoroughly enjoying The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. It is not a perfect show by any means but it is so much fun and the characters are so likeable that I can forgive its flaws. I am a little over halfway through season one and burning through it fast.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Watched the first half of Netflix's Safe with Michael C Hall. It's interesting so far. Michael C. Hall's accent is so believable.

Also watched The Belko Experiment the other night. Could have been better with better actors and execution, but it was still entertaining. 7.5/10

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    About to do a double feature of "Tank Girl" and "Johnny Mnemonic".

cuz... reasons.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    @eversonpoe , I read a review that said something similar about the Van Gogh film; that it could have been good, but the cinematography and editing and such just ruined it.

As for me, I caught the new Michael Moore doc, Fahrenheit 11/9. He crafts quite a terrifying argument about trump and the future.

I know not everyone likes Moore, but if you DO, you'll love this one. And even if you don't like his style, if don't appreciate The Orange Menace, you'll still likely find some joy, and horror, in this one.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    About to do a double feature of "Tank Girl" and "Johnny Mnemonic".

cuz... reasons.
    does one reason have the initials LP?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    does one reason have the initials LP?
    Nope.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    So I just gave a chance to The Man in the High Castle. Nazis are visually very cool, and I'm a sucker for any alternate history stuff. Well, turns out it's so bad that I had to stop after 19 minutes.

The CGI is absolutely disgusting, I see better animation in video games, and it really took me out. But I was willing to look past it for a few episodes at least. Then the sister of our main actress is shot dead... TO NO FUCKING REACTION. Excuse me??????????????????? They even had to make a cut to make her eyes teary, because she's so bad she can't even fake a cry, but my god, I wish I was as calm and collected as she was 5 minutes into seeing her sister murdered. I am not sure how you find actors like her. Abyssmal.

On a different note, during these 19 minutes we were also presented with two suspension of disbeliefs, namely during the two shootout scenes. At one moment there are trucks and dozens of militia behind the car our protagonist was to get away with, in the next no one is following him. ???????????????????????????????????? Then right before her sister was shot, she gave her a tape, which - I guess - was the reason they were after her in the first place. How do you not see it? How can you not even search for it? I am all for making stupid scenes which are great emotionally, but doesn't really make sense when you think about them, but these were none of that.

The one positive thing was how liberal they were with killings. I was really afraid that they would portray the Nazis and Japanese in a better light than what they were, but no. Cold blooded murderers and executions in the first 20 minutes. Maybe I should search for a version which omits all the "acting" and just shows the fight scenes.
    Last edited by Volband; 12-30-2018 at 12:01 PM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Bandersnatch was pretty wild

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Just finished watching this. Really liked it. Time to buy some music...

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Lately, I've seen

Searching- it was decent. But I'm quite frustrated that people are calling it "groundbreaking," because, the thing that makes it special is shamelessly ripped off of Unfriended. I feel like critics rarely give horror movies a fair shake, but Searching is a "thriller," so it's allowed to get good reviews. Unfriended 2, in particular, is definitely better than Searching. But Searching IS entertaining.

Mid90s- This one owes a LOT to Kids, imho, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. This one is required viewing for anyone of a certain age, that age being forty-ish, who grew up in or around skater culture. I'm not sure how it would work WITHOUT those prerequisites, but for me, it brought back a LOT of memories, which made it really special.

Leave No Trace- we loved this one. The acting and chemistry between the two main characters is just amazing.

First Man- This is where Ryan Geasefling plays Neil Armstrong. I didn't really get into the dramatic parts, but that could have been just me, as I had a fever bouncing between 102 and 103. But the space scenes were amazing. They seemed to be influenced by 2001.

Eighth Grade- we LOVED this one. I know things are different for kids these days because of the internet, but it would seem that the awkwardness of trying to be "cool," the idea that your parents just couldn't possibly have any idea what you're going through, the first pangs of pubescent sexual attraction: these things are timeless.
    My wife and I related SO much to the girl in the story, and I think most ANYONE would. Middle school is a rough time, and this film captures it brilliantly. At times, it's PAINFULLY awkward to watch. The young actress playing the lead role is brave and VERY talented.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Started watching Letterkenny last night. So many one liners.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post

Well, I just got back from seeing this lol...

I didn't hate this movie as much as I thought. I just hated the ending. The ending was really dumb. A better ending could have saved this movie.
    But all in all, it was a fun watch.
    We had free tickets though, so didn't pay anything for it. Even if I did pay, I wouldn't have felt entirely ripped off.

Even though the movie is basically like a Cube ripoff, I had fun.
    It's basically "Saw lite meets Cube"

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Watched History Channel's Project Blue Book, which started this week. It was quite good. Aiden Gillen (Littlefinger on Game of Thrones) stars in it.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinspots View Post
    Watched History Channel's Project Blue Book, which started this week. It was quite good. Aiden Gillen (Littlefinger on Game of Thrones) stars in it.
    I watched it too and I can tell I'm really going to enjoy it. Gillen is excellent at playing Dr Allen Hynek, the real life astronomer and eccentric nerdy nerd the Air Force hired to be part of the titled Project Blue Book, as the reasonable scientist who would offer perfectly rational explanations to UFO sightings. It did not turn up too good for the Air Force because Hynek was a scientist with ethics who wanted to find real answers to the events he was called in to investigate. He's the one who came up with the "Close Encounter" scale, by the way.
    @elevenism you should really check it out; it's right down your alley.
    Last edited by marodi; 01-10-2019 at 01:21 PM.