Page 106 of 154 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 116 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,180 of 4632

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Blade Runner 2049 (feel like I need to watch it again)
    The Mummy (Tom Cruise) it was eh
    Heat (Mann, Pacino, De Niro) I've seen it a million times, the fucking movie is awesome

up next
    Happy Death Day

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Just to follow up, I watched Happy Death Day since the basic plot was described to me, I thought it was interesting basically its the Spoiler: Groundhog Day of horror movies. As intriguing as I found that to be the movie sort of fell into an aiming for a teen audience and the music in it was terrible. I thought the movie was mediocre and didn't deserve the praise that some have given it.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Midnight View Post
    Just to follow up, I watched Happy Death Day since the basic plot was described to me, I thought it was interesting basically its the Spoiler: Groundhog Day of horror movies. As intriguing as I found that to be the movie sort of fell into an aiming for a teen audience and the music in it was terrible. I thought the movie was mediocre and didn't deserve the praise that some have given it.
    i don't think that needed a spoiler tag, every trailer i saw for it made that pretty clear haha.

i personally think it looks really dumb, but my wife was intrigued, which is the opposite of what usually happens (i tend to be more open and forgiving in general to movies). good to know it's not really worth our time.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i don't think that needed a spoiler tag, every trailer i saw for it made that pretty clear haha.

i personally think it looks really dumb, but my wife was intrigued, which is the opposite of what usually happens (i tend to be more open and forgiving in general to movies). good to know it's not really worth our time.
    I try to watch all horror movies anyway, because I'm a horror movie fanatic. Unfortunately if you are willing to watch any horror movie you end up having to watch a lot of crap. I'll give them that it was an interesting idea but they executed very poorly. The music in it was just cheap cheesy teen pop stuff trying to be rock music like early 2000's and the vibe of the movie was like watching American Pie.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    we watched Simply Irresistible on sunday night and it was...well, it was BAD. very bad. not even "so bad it's good" bad, it was just bad.

i saw it in the theater when it came out but apparently i blocked out all memory of the film, and now i know why.

it's always weird to see someone you like as an actor (sarah michelle gellar) be truly awful in something.

is the crab actually magical? who the fuck was the guy who sold her the crab? when did she figure out she was a witch? why did they not make it clear that she was cooking her emotions into the food until 10 minutes before the end of the film (i'm all for figuring things out myself and not having an extreme amount of exposition but this had basically none)? where did she get the necklace and hair thing before the final scene? did she steal them from the department store? why do people find sean patrick flannery attractive? i have a lot of questions about it.

but yeah, nothing in that movie was good, except for patricia clarkson.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I have never seen the first Blade Runner, minus a few scenes here and there. I heard how kvlt it was and I did like the few scenes I had seen.

I bought Blade Runner and 2049 over this weekend so my wife and I could dive into that universe. I didnt like the first one. I almost feel bad for not liking it, but I thought it was just, what the fuck. It was the final cut, was I supposed to watch the original theatrical version?

I hope 2049 is not like this.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I have never seen the first Blade Runner, minus a few scenes here and there. I heard how kvlt it was and I did like the few scenes I had seen.

I bought Blade Runner and 2049 over this weekend so my wife and I could dive into that universe. I didnt like the first one. I almost feel bad for not liking it, but I thought it was just, what the fuck. It was the final cut, was I supposed to watch the original theatrical version?

I hope 2049 is not like this.
    no, the final cut is generally agreed upon as the definitive version of the film.

what didn't you like about it?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    no, the final cut is generally agreed upon as the definitive version of the film.

what didn't you like about it?
    I felt like things rushed a bit fast. Things happen right after another and I felt like The movie didnt give me an option to give a crap about anyone.

The movie is beautiful for its time and I liked the score. But over all, I didnt enjoy it.

Maybe after 2049 I will give it another go.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Sorry for the “double post”. My wife and I finally got to watch Blade Runner 2049, and its by far superior to the first one. Great movie.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Watched 47 Meters Down last night, it was meh

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Cast A Deadly Spell
    it's 1948 and fred ward plays hard-boiled P.I. phil lovecraft, who's hired by david warner to retrieve the necronomicon. also featuring julianne moore and clancy brown. a wonderful blend of horror, comedy, and noir. on amazon prime & hbogo

also started watching The Magicians, which i like despite most of the characters being extremely unlikable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Finally getting around to watching The Leftovers. It took about 4 episodes in for me to get around to what they are really trying to accomplish with this. I like it. "Guest" is my favorite episode thus far.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    on friday night, my wife and i watched "ghost watch" on shudder. it's a BBC thing from 1992 that people basically thought was real when it aired. it obviously pre-dates paranormal activity and other such things, and if you didn't know it was a fictional thing (and believed in ghosts/hauntings) you would think it was a live BBC special that just happened to capture a ton of creepy shit happening. i was legitimately terrified by it (i had to turn on all the lights on my way back to the bathroom halfway through the movie, and refused to turn them off when i came back out).

then we watched "the ritual" last night with our friends and it was awesome. exactly what i want out of a horror movie. i was enthralled the entire time. i also yelled/jumped at least 5 or 6 times...including once when a tent was unzipped (never gonna hear the end of that one).

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Bomb City. Found it on the internets while browsing for some thing to watch. It was later in the night when i watched it but it i gotta say it sorta hit me right in the feels. Reminded me a lot of Suburbia in terms of Punk movies.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    Bomb City. Found it on the internets while browsing for some thing to watch. It was later in the night when i watched it but it i gotta say it sorta hit me right in the feels. Reminded me a lot of Suburbia in terms of Punk movies.
    Pretty much found this the same way. Was looking for something to stream one night a couple weeks ago, grabbed my attention as I like movies about weirdos and misfits. Was a good watch for sure. Wasn't sure where the direction was going at first, but it sucks you in once you realize what's going on. It's even more surreal that it was a real story. That's sad, but not too surprisingly. Was utterly disgused with the final outcome of the movie. But that's just what being a weirdo misfit is all about. Quite disgusting how they'd basically let the "jocks" get away with anything. Underage drinking and open fires etc but the punks do some small thing and they beat them down for it. Guess it doesn't help that it took place in Texas.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    FINALLY got around to watching Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, and I loved every minute of it. Inventive, fast, witty, it really is a shame that it didn't make anywhere near the budget for a sequel nod. The comic like visuals is really well done here.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Having the flu has destroyed my weekend, but it’s at least given me a chance to binge Netflix all weekend and not feel bad about it. I’m 7 episodes through ‘Altered Carbon’ right now. So far, pretty good.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    season 3 of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is destroying me. i never thought i would be bawling watching a show that i had previously been using as background material.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Yeah, seriously. I pride myself on being a big strong manly man immune to overt displays of emotion, but an episode in CXG's third season managed to make me literally laugh and cry in the span of a few minutes, which is a first. So unusual to see such a capable tackling of mental illness.

It's not a background watching show for me though, thought it was inspired right from the start. Only came close to being a background thing halfway through the second season, but that slightly dull period is a distant memory now that's been wiped away by an utterly brilliant year. Crazy Ex is one of my favourite shows at the moment.

...On the flipside, after 6 and a half years, I've given up on Homeland. That was my favourite show at one point... It's had its ups and downs, but almost exclusively downs over the last year or two. The shark jump, however, is easier to pin down. The exact moment I decided to stop watching my former favourite show was: "Play with your titties."

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Fred Armisen - Standup For Drummers

i could honestly watch fred armisen do pretty much anything because i find him so damn charming, but this is actually wonderfully funny.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    been watching season 1 of Sense8 and it's really good but also so upsetting. i feel like i should be watching it with someone and not by myself :/

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    y'know, I'm not usually the kind of person to comment on celebrity fashion, but the dress Nicole Kidman wore to the oscars looks like a cross between an emoji and something you use to clean your toilet.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    y'know, I'm not usually the kind of person to comment on celebrity fashion, but the dress Nicole Kidman wore to the oscars looks like a cross between an emoji and something you use to clean your toilet.
    bwahahahahahahahaha you're so right

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Six Shooter (2004), 27 minutes of... something dark and incredibly funny. ;-)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Saw this last night...holy shit!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Just watched Kingsman: The Golden Circle

Certainly not as good as it’s predessor. Still, I’m a sucker for these films. Very enjoyable.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The Shape of Water. This film was absolutely excellent.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Saw this one last night. One of the more beautiful romantic comedies I’ve come across. I put it right up there with (500) Days of Summer and Rushmore. Fantastic performances all around.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Watched My Friend Dahmer today. Really fascinating film that just got chilling and more disturbing by the end. Does a nice job of showing the development of a madman in his teen years. Really nice job in adapting this graphic novel that was of course based on a horribly true story. Also, Ross Lynch is the spitting image of a younger Dahmer: