Page 104 of 154 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,120 of 4613

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post

Manhunt: Unabomber
    - Series is well done, binge watched it in 3 days. I lived in California in the late 80s early 90s and this was pretty big story out there.
    Very cool – thanks for the recommendation. I only found out about this by accident two days ago because I saw (via Spotify) that the excellent main theme was done by Atticus Ross & Nick Chuba!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Documentary "What the Health". I am not buying all of it (cured after 2 weeks of vegan food), but worth the time. I alredy feel guilty sometime when eating meat, so, maybe...?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Took me way too long to finally see this film. I have to say some of the greatest choreographed fight sequences I’ve ever seen.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    So I'm trying YouTube Red. And I've been watching Good Game, which is kinda like (if I had to sell it) Community but about eSports. I don't really care for eSports myself, but it's hilarious, in the same way Blue Mountain State is about football and my disinterest in football doesn't stop me from enjoying it anyway. I think you can still get a three month free trial if you're curious, but you get other little perks like no ads on YouTube anymore. Not sure if I'll keep paying for it after the trial is up, but so far it's alright.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Better Things" on FX is a superb piece of TV. Pam Adlon was great on Louie but this show blows that away. The last episode was a real heart stabber as anyone who's a parent especially a mom.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Documentary "Hired Gun" (2016), contains also Richard Patrick (Filter) about NIN:
    And he's like, he looked at me and he went, "Get off your butt, and go write a record." So... I did.

Also, I discovered (surprise) YouTube contains some really good stuff, e.g. channels The 8-bit Guy, Nostalgia Nerd, or Kurzgesagt (optimistic nihilism, anyone?) are amazing.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Transformers The Last Knight was unbelievably terrible. Holy shit.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

I really liked it

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

Deathgasm was so much fun. super gross but in an entertaining way. Medina was, by far, the best character, which was really refreshing for a movie that could have been super misogynistic.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    We saw Happy Death Day today. I really love that movie. I wanna see it again.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    The Good Place is so good it's ridiculous. my wife and i started season 1 on tuesday night, finished it on saturday, and then watched all four episodes of season 2 yesterday. now i'm going through withdrawals.

also, if you're going to watch it, go in with as little info as possible. it'll make it way more fun and interesting.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Red Dwarf series XXII, pretty good still. :-)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    People of Earth. I love this show. Perfect blend of awkward personalities and no shitty laugh track. Bonus points for having H Jon Benjamin.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

If you have not watched this already, you need to get to it. Seriously.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Seconded. I personally feel like so far (I'm on episode 6), the show's improved in nearly every way with season.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    The dingo really ate the baby. Poor little girl...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    finally watched Get Out yesterday and it was truly fantastic. i literally have zero complaints about it as a film or a piece of social commentary.

i've seen people say it was "too predictable" but i honestly don't think it was predictable at all. every time i thought i had figured it out, it changed up on me and i was left with my mouth agape.

i liked it so much that i already want to watch it again.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    finally watched Get Out yesterday and it was truly fantastic. i literally have zero complaints about it as a film or a piece of social commentary.

i've seen people say it was "too predictable" but i honestly don't think it was predictable at all. every time i thought i had figured it out, it changed up on me and i was left with my mouth agape.

i liked it so much that i already want to watch it again.
    This movie was fucking incredible. Probably the smartest movie I've seen in a long time, not to mention the funniest.

You should definitely watch it a second time because there is a ton of stuff you'll notice that you missed the first time around, like when Spoiler: the dad takes Chris on the house tour and brings him into the kitchen and says something like "This was mom's favorite room, so we like to keep a piece of her here."

I think when we got to the scene when Chris had to Spoiler: save himself by literally picking cotton, I was like "Holy shit, this movie is fucking genius."

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Currently catching up on Hannibal and I was wondering which Bryan Fuller series I should watch next? Dead Like Me or Pushing Daisies?

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    About two months ago, I finally committed to watching Lost after years of telling myself I needed to, and false-starting on the pilot episode two or three different times. Last night I hit episode 10, and I'm really loving it so far, even if it suffers from the usual ham-fisted boundaries of cable TV. I can look past that if the story being told is good, and so far this has been really good..

There are 121 episodes, plus a 12-minute epilogue. I watch an episode every Sunday evening and I've mapped it out so that I'll eventually arrive at the series finale sometime around New Year's Eve 2020.

Didn't see a specific thread anywhere on ETS, which surprised me because I remember this show was a huge thing when it was on. One of the things I really enjoyed about the show OZ when I was watching it was that they weren't afraid to kill off main characters to keep the show riveting. A few people told me that I'd enjoy Lost then, because they wipe out a shitload of major characters during its run, too.

Without spoiling anything, has anyone else seen this show in its entirety? Is it worth drawing out over the next two years of my life? Is it true that there are some pretty heavy deaths/moments during its run? I've heard that each season just gets weirder and weirder, with Season 5 seemingly the fan-favorite, based on what I've seen from other discussions. I know the finale is super-polarizing, as well.

(Spoiler free) Thoughts?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Currently catching up on Hannibal and I was wondering which Bryan Fuller series I should watch next? Dead Like Me or Pushing Daisies?
    i mean, neither show is anything like hannibal other than slightly stylistically (and a little of the sense of humor).

dead like me is funny and subdued, pushing daisies is really whimsical and sweet. it really depends on your mood. i love both, but pushing daisies has a bigger place in my heart.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Didn't see a specific thread anywhere on ETS, which surprised me because I remember this show was a huge thing when it was on.
    There was an enormous thread back on the old board, but then we had the big crash and ETS started from scratch. This happened after Lost had already wrapped up so I'm sure no one felt like there was any point. It's too bad, cause the old thread was so much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Without spoiling anything, has anyone else seen this show in its entirety? Is it worth drawing out over the next two years of my life? Is it true that there are some pretty heavy deaths/moments during its run? I've heard that each season just gets weirder and weirder, with Season 5 seemingly the fan-favorite, based on what I've seen from other discussions. I know the finale is super-polarizing, as well.

(Spoiler free) Thoughts?
    Er, not so sure about season 5 being the fan favorite. I always hear people refer to Season 5 as the one they hate the most because they introduce some goofy plotlines and focus way too much on unlikeable characters. In general, I think Lost is best during the first 2 or 3 seasons, and then it starts to decline. With S4 I could already feel a dip in quality, although there were still some really cool episodes. S5 is definitely the low point. That was tough to get through. S6 is a mixed bag, but it's still an massive improvement over S5.

The basic problem with Lost is that they were masters of setting up a good mystery, but they were not so good at delivering a resolution. That's why the show is sort of "front loaded" when it comes to quality. The first few seasons are so fun and mysterious and evocative, but after a while you can't help but feeling like they lost their muse. That said, I still enjoyed it for what it is. Even during their worst stretches, they were still capable of pulling off some cool moments.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Batman: Mask of the Phantasm.

First time I've seen it since I was probably about 10, and holy shit. Nostalgia overload. <3 I remember EVERYTHING.