Page 326 of 352 FirstFirst ... 226 276 316 324 325 326 327 328 336 ... LastLast
Results 9,751 to 9,780 of 10560

Thread: What Are You Listening to?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I am a little drunk and would like to profess my love for skinny puppy. the old shit, the mid shit and the newer shit. it is equally great.

I got into them after NIN in the mid 90s. NIN was my first deep dive and influenced my early musical leanings. I bought the plug album, squarepusher, meat beat, prick and the rest based on the nothing logo on the back and not much else. NIN also introduced me to the classic industrial rock scene. where ministry, kmfdm and others, while still great, have not stood the test of time, skinny puppy has. it took some time to adjust to ogres vocals and the sheer craziness of it all. but damn, those are great songs. testure, spasmolytic, amnesia, empty, magnifishit, village....it goes on and on. the side projects are equally as compelling, both cevin's and ogre's. so that is what i am jamming tonight while the family sleeps. i may start with too dark park, move to last rights and the process, and then choice cuts from then on. good stuff. i hope i am preaching to the choir, but i feel they are somewhat forgotten. peace and love all.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orson thrust View Post
    I am a little drunk and would like to profess my love for skinny puppy. the old shit, the mid shit and the newer shit. it is equally great.

I got into them after NIN in the mid 90s. NIN was my first deep dive and influenced my early musical leanings. I bought the plug album, squarepusher, meat beat, prick and the rest based on the nothing logo on the back and not much else. NIN also introduced me to the classic industrial rock scene. where ministry, kmfdm and others, while still great, have not stood the test of time, skinny puppy has. it took some time to adjust to ogres vocals and the sheer craziness of it all. but damn, those are great songs. testure, spasmolytic, amnesia, empty, magnifishit, village....it goes on and on. the side projects are equally as compelling, both cevin's and ogre's. so that is what i am jamming tonight while the family sleeps. i may start with too dark park, move to last rights and the process, and then choice cuts from then on. good stuff. i hope i am preaching to the choir, but i feel they are somewhat forgotten. peace and love all.
    Fairly reasonable for an admittedly drunk post, ain't it?

With me, I guess I'm not REALLY into Industrial. I dig SOME Einsturzende Neubauten, Front 242, Meat Beat Manifesto, Skinny Puppy, Die Krupps, Coil, KMFDM (and yes, I know, some of those acts may not fit everyone's idea of Industrial.)
    I guess I'm more into industrial ROCK. At the risk of sounding like an NIN elitist, I really, honestly think that Trent and co are the best purveyors of Industrial Rock. They took the sounds of SP and the like, and made them just a BIT more palatable for the average music fan.
    Depeche Mode did a bit of it, and Bowie did some of it in the nineties. Hell, there are a few latter day Robert Plant songs, and Pat Metheny songs, that have industrial elements.
    I guess that, ultimately, unlike a lot of you guys, i'm not big into real industrial. I'm not waiting for the new Combichrist or crate digging for OhGr
    @orson thrust , you're not wrong, though. Skinny Puppy is an underrated act in general.
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-24-2021 at 09:59 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post

The soundtrack is too good for this crappy game. Thankfully, it's one of those "hybrid" PS1 discs that also functions as an audio CD, so just pop it in a CD player and forget the game inside it even exists.
    You know the "Ok Grandma" meme? That's me still telling everyone I know about all the Rob Zombie tracks on Twisted Metal 3.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

This album will be a banger next month. @Prettybrokenspiral

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Metallica from Chicago last week. Mighty!

https://townsquare.media/site/838/fi...pg?w=1200&q=75

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Fairly reasonable for an admittedly drunk post, ain't it?

With me, I guess I'm not REALLY into Industrial. I dig SOME Einsturzende Neubauten, Front 242, Meat Beat Manifesto, Skinny Puppy, Die Krupps, Coil, KMFDM (and yes, I know, some of those acts may not fit everyone's idea of Industrial.)
    I guess I'm more into industrial ROCK. At the risk of sounding like an NIN elitist, I really, honestly think that Trent and co are the best purveyors of Industrial Rock. They took the sounds of SP and the like, and made them just a BIT more palatable for the average music fan.
    Depeche Mode did a bit of it, and Bowie did some of it in the nineties. Hell, there are a few latter day Robert Plant songs, and Pat Metheny songs, that have industrial elements.
    I guess that, ultimately, unlike a lot of you guys, i'm not big into real industrial. I'm not waiting for the new Combichrist or crate digging for OhGr
    @orson thrust , you're not wrong, though. Skinny Puppy is an underrated act in general.
    I am with you. industrial rock usually has a somewhat traditional song structure along with guitars and live drums sprinkled in, which is usually what i am looking for. Although, i would consider SP industrial rock depending on the album of course. I was thinking the other day, is Welcome to the Machine by pink floyd the first industrial rock song?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Felt like listening to an old favorite from the wayback machine:

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    It is a damn shame that this tour was never documented properly. Anything i have watched is cobbled together and out of sync. Better than nothing but still, shitty for something so incredible to be lost to time. Every tour before and after were filmed extensively. Maybe it adds to the mystique.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Tagaq has a new album coming out produced by Saul Williams...

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Primal Scream "The Screamadelica 12" Singles"

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

hard left turn here:

Oddly enough this is only on a playlist and not a video by itself, even though it is a video by itself.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ZtLYPo9P4348k1 Ngu9g
    Last edited by allegate; 10-04-2021 at 05:56 PM.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

the song is long enough to be played twice on the way to work and cover the walk to the building.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Always wanted to give this a spin, but always forgot. Until I binged Limmy's Show...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    New CIRCA SURVIVE announced today!

Also Rise Records fucked up and sent the full EP out to pre-orders for the first like half an hour this morning before figuring it out and updating the DL link, and it's damn good. Less guitar driven than I'd prefer from Circa but this is still a really solid release from them.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)