Page 181 of 290 FirstFirst ... 81 131 171 179 180 181 182 183 191 231 281 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,430 of 8674

Thread: What Are You Listening to?

  1. #5401
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    4,109
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    In that Pianos Become The Teeth/Touche Amore vein:







    Somebody helped me up & asked me if I bumped my head...I said "yeah"...So then they said "Oh so that mean we gon...you gon switch it on em?"...I said "Yeah...Flipmode...Flipmode is the greatest" (Greatest, most nonsensical intro ever...coupled with those bananas verses, Timbaland's insane beat & that Hype Williams video!)



    So then I went down the Busta rabbit hole a little bit & youtube showed me this live gem. That stage setup is so dope...wait till what he does a little later in the performance...pretty cool. Nice to see Rah Digga & the rest of Flipmode up there too.


  2. #5402
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    795
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

  3. #5403
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    North Herts, United Kingdom
    Posts
    893
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

    What Are You Listening to?



    loving this!
    can't see me listening to much else the next few days!
    thanks @Al_Hunter


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  4. #5404
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    9,713
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)

  5. #5405
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    san fransisco
    Posts
    1,378
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    skinnypuppy, ratm
    -louie

  6. #5406
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    North Herts, United Kingdom
    Posts
    893
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

  7. #5407
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    696
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

    Sampha - Process

    Lots of good music on here. He's a British R&B singer/songwriter who has worked with Kanye. The middle tracks are really great.

    Key songs: Tim's Prayer, (No One Knows Me) Like The Piano
    Last edited by cashpiles (closed); 01-30-2017 at 11:04 PM.

  8. #5408
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,587
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    The entire "Endtroducing... (20th Anniversary Endtrospective Edition)" boxed set...

    http://djshadow.com/announcing-endtr...rsary-edition/

    Never had heard the album before but... yeah, I like it. Solid. The "Endtroducing... Re-Emagined" is quite dubstep in flavor.

  9. #5409
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,688
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

  10. #5410
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    9,713
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)


    Love this album

  11. #5411
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    North Herts, United Kingdom
    Posts
    893
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)


    Drab Majesty - The Demonstration


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  12. #5412
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    263
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    AFI's new album, known as The Blood Album


  13. #5413
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    840
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I'm currently listening to the debut album of a band called Priests. It's supposed to be stylized in all uppercase letters, but I'm not going to do that. I won't even do that for Health, and I fucking love Health.

    Anyways, it's so-so. I bought it on the strength of the lead single "Nothing Feels Natural," which is pretty good, but I assumed portended better things. It didn't. It's kinda quasi-postpunk. There's an oddly placed classical interlude. The lead singer's vocals are sometimes pretty awesome. But overall, it's aggressively so-so.

    What makes me post about something so uninspiring to me is that I feel like it will absolutely get a Best New Music and an 8.0+ score from Pitchfork. I say this as a daily Pitchfork reader who, on balance, still finds the site more useful than irritating. Nevertheless, I am somewhat annoyed by this right now. And even more annoyed that I can sense it coming.

  14. #5414
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    1,316
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

  15. #5415
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Smyrna, GA
    Posts
    6,575
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)


    R.I.P. John Wetton

  16. #5416
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Peoria, Illinois
    Posts
    1,994
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Every time I listen to this, I'm amazed at how clear the recording is. There is plenty of space in the mix, so each element is easily distinguishable. Bass response is clean throughout, and everything seems to have a little "oomph" to it. Karin and Olof's vocals sit comfortably in the "center".


  17. #5417
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    9,217
    Mentioned
    413 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Every time I listen to this, I'm amazed at how clear the recording is. There is plenty of space in the mix, so each element is easily distinguishable. Bass response is clean throughout, and everything seems to have a little "oomph" to it. Karin and Olof's vocals sit comfortably in the "center".
    wholeheartedly agree, i love that as a live album...but olof doesn't sing, does he? as far as i know that's all karin & lots of effects.

  18. #5418
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,688
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Every time I listen to this, I'm amazed at how clear the recording is. There is plenty of space in the mix, so each element is easily distinguishable. Bass response is clean throughout, and everything seems to have a little "oomph" to it. Karin and Olof's vocals sit comfortably in the "center".
    The DVD has a 24/48 5.1 DTS mix. Karin's mic feed is featured prominently on the actual center channel. The CD is probably a downmix of that.

  19. #5419
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    5,261
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)

  20. #5420
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    9,713
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)

  21. #5421
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    7,357
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    A Pale Horse Named Death - Growing Old


  22. #5422
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,571
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

  23. #5423
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    5,261
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)

  24. #5424
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    840
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    I'm currently listening to the debut album of a band called Priests. It's supposed to be stylized in all uppercase letters, but I'm not going to do that. I won't even do that for Health, and I fucking love Health.

    Anyways, it's so-so. I bought it on the strength of the lead single "Nothing Feels Natural," which is pretty good, but I assumed portended better things. It didn't. It's kinda quasi-postpunk. There's an oddly placed classical interlude. The lead singer's vocals are sometimes pretty awesome. But overall, it's aggressively so-so.

    What makes me post about something so uninspiring to me is that I feel like it will absolutely get a Best New Music and an 8.0+ score from Pitchfork. I say this as a daily Pitchfork reader who, on balance, still finds the site more useful than irritating. Nevertheless, I am somewhat annoyed by this right now. And even more annoyed that I can sense it coming.
    Sigh. I knew it. Eight hours after I made that post.

  25. #5425
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,587
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Lee Perry's "Skanking With The Upsetter - Rare Dubs 1971-1974"

    Oooooh.... seems like a weird bootleg.
    Last edited by MrLobster; 02-02-2017 at 05:29 PM. Reason: added a neat link....

  26. #5426
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Peoria, Illinois
    Posts
    1,994
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    ...but olof doesn't sing, does he? as far as i know that's all karin & lots of effects.
    Erring on the side of caution because that's a lot of pitch-shifting.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  27. #5427
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,587
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    451 reggae and dub songs on shuffle that I'm also streaming right now... if you want to tune in, just let me know.

  28. #5428
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    9,713
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)


    Ohhhhhhhh yesssss

  29. #5429
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,571
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Thinking about the news tonight lead me to this beautiful version of a great song


  30. #5430
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    5,261
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    I praise to you...


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions