Page 168 of 290 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158 166 167 168 169 170 178 218 268 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,040 of 8674

Thread: What Are You Listening to?

  1. #5011
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    639
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0f3d View Post
    classy.

    that dude is straight up fugly. he should be so lucky. and didn't he pose nude for playgirl? yeah, because women TOTALLY buy that mag. what a tool.

    on topic, i'm listening to "concrete sky" by beth orton. one of my favorite songs ever.
    It's even classier to shit talk on the dead, isn't it? Peter Steele was a legend and hung like a horse, and Type O kicked ass their whole career. Even as a hetero dude, I admired the confidence the guy had to do that magazine spread.

  2. #5012
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    pacific northwest
    Posts
    1,802
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by perceptionnexus View Post
    It's even classier to shit talk on the dead, isn't it?
    how the hell should i know that he's dead? i wasn't a fan, wasn't gonna google a guy i found distasteful in life. i wasn't going to watch ryan's youtube clip, either. hell, i wasn't even comfortable quoting that nonsense.

    aaaaanyway, currently listening to ire works.

  3. #5013
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    9,214
    Mentioned
    413 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I'm quite flattered that you think I'm cute but I don't deal well with compacted poop, so look, if my views make you annoyed, you're just jealous I don't have haemorrhoids.

    To make it clear that you can't bone me, my tattooed ass reads "exit only".
    Quote Originally Posted by perceptionnexus View Post
    It's even classier to shit talk on the dead, isn't it? Peter Steele was a legend and hung like a horse, and Type O kicked ass their whole career. Even as a hetero dude, I admired the confidence the guy had to do that magazine spread.
    yeah, those lyrics are the stuff of legend

  4. #5014
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,688
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    "RIP Pete Steele - a nice (and very funny) man. I'm smiling recalling a funny story involving Pete, a microphone, an all-girl lipstick-lesbian band and a can of tuna. Ahh, the good old days..." - Trent Reznor

  5. #5015
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    7,357
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0f3d View Post
    classy.

    that dude is straight up fugly. he should be so lucky. and didn't he pose nude for playgirl? yeah, because women TOTALLY buy that mag. what a tool.

    on topic, i'm listening to "concrete sky" by beth orton. one of my favorite songs ever.
    It was a song more to be taken funny than anything - it was a response to the male attention he was getting after the play girl thing. He was actually a really nice guy.

  6. #5016
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    7,357
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Highly intelligent as well.
    Last edited by Ryan; 08-26-2016 at 07:17 PM.

  7. #5017
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    4,109
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    I see this, and raise you:

  8. #5018
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    pacific northwest
    Posts
    1,802
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    It was a song more to be taken funny than anything - it was a response to the male attention he was getting after the play girl thing. He was actually a really nice guy.
    i'll take your word for it. but it isn't funny, it's childish and crass af.

    moving on ... i spent the drive home from boise listening to sound of silver. so great, even ten years later.

  9. #5019
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    7,357
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0f3d View Post
    i'll take your word for it. but it isn't funny, it's childish and crass af.

    moving on ... i spent the drive home from boise listening to sound of silver. so great, even ten years later.
    Give this a listen. And, true story: the night before Peter died back in 2010, I listened to this song before I fell asleep, and especially (for reasons unknown to me at the time), turned up the volume right at the end when be whispers "I don't feel anything... anything... anything." The next morning I wake up and he's dead. Bear in mind, this is the band that actually GOT ME INTO music. I was beyond crushed. And it's such a sad song in and of itself:


  10. #5020
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,874
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I'm quite flattered that you think I'm cute but I don't deal well with compacted poop, so look, if my views make you annoyed, you're just jealous I don't have haemorrhoids.

    To make it clear that you can't bone me, my tattooed ass reads "exit only".



    What the fuck.

  11. #5021
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    9,713
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)


    Incredible.

  12. #5022
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    426
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Had to reply just to defend Type O's humor. If you know nothing of the band, I could see how those lyrics would come off as "crass and childish". I assure you... The song was meant to be humorous.


    Anyways... carry on

  13. #5023
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    875
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Listening to "Stromboli" double-album (1987) by Czech group Stromboli, mostly consisting of guitarist Michal Pavlíček and singer Bára Basiková. One of the miracles that were somehow allowed to become even during those dark times here, and I sincerely believe this is a world class music (not so much the video obviously, but it's not bad for the amount of $$ involved, but just try to listen).

    Also, the lyrics are nonsense poetry by Christian Morgenstern, and some other are even more weird like "Veliké lalulá". :-) (Maybe partly a smart way to avoid lyrics altogether because they had to be "approved" by some fucking communists.)
    Last edited by Substance242; 08-13-2016 at 10:44 AM.

  14. #5024
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    pacific northwest
    Posts
    1,802
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)


    i feel really fortunate to have seen gossip live. and a complete surprise, too (unannounced opener for lcd soundsystem and arcade fire in seattle).

    her vocal range is so underrated and lends itself to dance music perfectly. a total powerhouse.
    Last edited by kel; 08-13-2016 at 03:50 PM.

  15. #5025
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    7,357
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rampface View Post
    Had to reply just to defend Type O's humor. If you know nothing of the band, I could see how those lyrics would come off as "crass and childish". I assure you... The song was meant to be humorous.


    Anyways... carry on
    @orestes yep, he was a really intelligent and awesome guy. It was meant to provoke.

    Meanwhile, the final [edited] single before Peter passed away. @elevenism and @Wolfkiller can attest to Peter's awesomeness.




  16. #5026
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    France
    Posts
    52
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    XTC


  17. #5027
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    658
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    @orestes yep, he was a really intelligent and awesome guy. It was meant to provoke.

    Meanwhile, the final [edited] single before Peter passed away. @elevenism and @Wolfkiller can attest to Peter's awesomeness.



    I don't think the perpetually offended adult babies here are going to understand the humor in having I Like Goils on the same album with a Hedwig cover.
    It's only okay to vent about unwanted male attention if you're a woman apparently.

  18. #5028
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    7,357
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfkiller View Post
    I don't think the perpetually offended adult babies here are going to understand the humor in having I Like Goils on the same album with a Hedwig cover.
    It's only okay to vent about unwanted male attention if you're a woman apparently.
    Well that sucks.

  19. #5029
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    639
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfkiller View Post
    I don't think the perpetually offended adult babies here are going to understand the humor in having I Like Goils on the same album with a Hedwig cover.
    It's only okay to vent about unwanted male attention if you're a woman apparently.

    Sick burn!

  20. #5030
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Posts
    6,629
    Mentioned
    464 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    ...Aaaannnd no one gives a shit. lel
    dude i give a shit!!!!
    HOOK ME UP!
    i swear to god i won't leak it.

  21. #5031
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    181
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    ...Aaaannnd no one gives a shit. lel
    Oh, I totally give a shit. Type O is one of my top 5 bands of all time. I just didn't want to be one of those people to bombard you with PM's asking for more info!

  22. #5032
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    9,713
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)


    Love this fucking song. This album has GROWN A LOT on me the past few months on my Slayer kick. Just turned 10 years old last week. I remember buying it at the CD store. Time flies.

  23. #5033
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    France
    Posts
    52
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Two new stoner discoverings:


    KREMLIN
    Cool and warm stoner/ space rock from Finland.
    The music has a good atmosphere and some great vocals!




    HOLY MOUNT
    Stoner rock meets space rock from Canada.
    Quite energetic and space at the same time.


  24. #5034
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    A place both wonderful and strange
    Posts
    2,331
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Also on board the 'giving a shit about Type O' train here, for the record. I just only check into this thread once in a blue moon.

    Speaking of which:



    Just looking at En Esch makes me lol. Wonderful, ridiculous man.

  25. #5035
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    9,713
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)

  26. #5036
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Posts
    6,629
    Mentioned
    464 Post(s)


    if you are of a certain age and accidentally listen to this, it will be stuck in your head for like a week at least

  27. #5037
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4,367
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)


    Literally nothing I could say that hasn't been said about it before. (Also I could add maybe 3-4 other Radiohead covers and be accurate because it's basically all that I listen to lately)

  28. #5038
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    1,316
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)


    New Stick To Your Guns. Rad song, bland production.

  29. #5039
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    cali
    Posts
    423
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post


    if you are of a certain age and accidentally listen to this, it will be stuck in your head for like a week at least
    you ain't kiddin! i didn't even click play and it's already stuck in my head. the KLF were some trippy dudes.

    UH HUH BEEP BOOP

  30. #5040
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,501
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    this new album from Preoccupations (the band previously was known as Viet Cong, who was comprised of members from the band Women).


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions